la_zanahoria

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
Hiya!

So, I recently updated my PS4 from 7.02 to 9.00 and ran the exploit via Al Azif host successfully. There was no need to re-run the exploit for about two weeks, until a game crashed and rebooted the PS4. When I try to re-run the exploit now I'm getting the "Kernel heap might be f*cked..." message. I tried to re-make the usb stick, with different sticks, but to no avail. I should add that I might have forgotten the usb stick during a reboot. Not sure about this. I also tried initializing the PS4, but the problem persists. The fw is still 9.00. Any suggestions?

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I can't really help much here as I'm not on 9.00, but the kernel heap error is not permanent. there's no danger to the system if that happens, just try again or restart. why it keeps happening, I dunno.

Reactions: KiiWii

la_zanahoria

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
I can't really help much here as I'm not on 9.00, but the kernel heap error is not permanent. there's no danger to the system if that happens, just try again or restart. why it keeps happening, I dunno.
Thanks for your reply. I have completely turned off the system, unplugging the cord, but nothing seem to help.

Is it possible that when I initialized the system it has connected to Sony servers and somehow I got blacklisted? I'm quite new to this exploiting thing so I might not have the correct way of doing it.

la_zanahoria

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
*URL*

Or try a smaller stick.

Don’t forget to remove the usb after a reboot, before restarting JB process.
Read that before and checked. The image has always been the correct size of ~4MB. Tried the pico as well. The only thing I can think of is that the sticks have become faulty somehow, but it seems far fetched. But I will try with other ones, as soon as I get my hands of my old ones, which will be sometime next week.

KiiWii

Editorial Team
Editorial Team
Trophies
Website
defaultdnb.github.io
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Read that before and checked. The image has always been the correct size of ~4MB. Tried the pico as well. The only thing I can think of is that the sticks have become faulty somehow, but it seems far fetched. But I will try with other ones, as soon as I get my hands of my old ones, which will be sometime next week.
Are you leaving the USB stick out until told to insert then remove it at the prompts?

Reactions: godreborn

la_zanahoria

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
Are you leaving the USB stick out until told to insert then remove it at the prompts?
Yes. Inserting when told to. Tried inserting really fast, and also waiting a couple of seconds. Both USB slots as well. I have probably tried this 50 times now.
The first time it worked first try. This is really weird.

Terrorize420

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Tried kmeps4 host now, with Auto Kameleon 900 and Auto Stooged 900. Both saying the same as with Al Azif host.

Try turning the ps4 off then turn it back on and then off again without trying any payloads or loading any hosts

I had this issue once but it went away after a couple tries

la_zanahoria

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
Op, did you delete the cache?
Browser cache? I just tried deleting browser cookies and history, but I didn't find any cache there specifically. Or is it some other cache you are thinking about?

Am I supposed to be connected or disconnected to the internet while doing this? I read in a thread somewhere that it wouldn't make any difference for this version. I have however set up Al Azif DNS servers.

la_zanahoria

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
No, that's it. Did it make any difference?
Nope.
I am not able to connect to PSN. But I guess that's because of the Al Azif DNS, and that it's a good thing.

I THINK that the system automatically downloaded a new firmware after initialization, but I immediately turned off any automatic updates. And I am still on 9.00.

rantex92

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Tried this as well a couple of times now. No difference. :(
puh i guess the only thing thats left is fresh restart :

-First get your usb without exfathax and backup your profile data base etc (Settings > System > Back Up and Restore)

-Next Download FW 9.00 recovery.pup (Darthsternie) and put it on your usb in (PS4/UPDATE)

-Format your HDD (via pc or some other means)

-After that just put your usb in ps4 start your console and Follow the instructions on Screen

-If thats finished restore your backup from your usb

-Youre Done now you can start again with setting up your exploit (Alazifs dns or youre preferred host)

KiiWii

Editorial Team
Editorial Team
Trophies
Website
defaultdnb.github.io
XP
Country
United Kingdom
puh i guess the only thing thats left is fresh restart :

-First get your usb without exfathax and backup your profile data base etc (Settings > System > Back Up and Restore)

-Next Download FW 9.00 recovery.pup (Darthsternie) and put it on your usb in (PS4/UPDATE)

-Format your HDD (via pc or some other means)

-After that just put your usb in ps4 start your console and Follow the instructions on Screen

-If thats finished restore your backup from your usb

-Youre Done now you can start again with setting up your exploit (Alazifs dns or youre preferred host)
First, why not try reinstall the 9.00 SYS pup, and see if that fixes it without formatting.

Reactions: rantex92

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Lol