Hacking Exception occurred then I bricked it :( HELP?!

Kokurie

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Okay so I have an o3ds running 11.10.0-43E and I may have bricked it after following a Jack Sorell tutorial on installing CFW for 11.8.0.. YES. You read that right, I went ahead and followed his tutorial because I heard other ppl on 11.10 having success and I was greedy but I ended up bricking it so hard I’m the biggest noob when it comes to CFW and hacking. Now with or without an SD card, the console will not boot and only flash blue for one second. Recovery mode no success.

> so when I tried installing boot9strap (for 11.08) and pressed start + select, it gave me a black screen so I powered it off and on again. I attempted to install it again and it worked! BUT then I got stuck at the LUMA3ds screen with ‘show nand or user string in system settings’. Whenever I accessed homebrew, I encountered an exception. And I didn’t take any photos because I’m stupid so here’s what I remember:

Processor : ARM11 (core 1)

Exception type : data abort

fault status : Translation - page

So I powered off and pressed select + power and successfully got to that screen (without homebrew) and I selected ‘show nand or user string in system settings’ and pressed start. I think it was around then that my console turned off and became one with a brick :(

Is there anything I can do here or is my 3ds xl hard bricked ?

I don’t even think I got up to the stage of making a sysnand dump and I don’t know how yet cause I’m so new to modding.

I have b9s folder, payload with GM9 in luma.
Please if anyone knows how to repair my console to any degree could you give me some advice TT TT thanks.

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
Last edited by Quantumcat,

Kokurie

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Thank you! It powered on just fine!! :O I'm not sure how replacing/updating the boot.firm file could have fixed it. Could you suggest what I should do now with my files that are for cfw 11.08 and I still get the 'exception occurred' error when I enter homebrew. Sorry for involving you in my misguided adventure. I know its not as simple to get rid of cfw so I don't really know how to start from scratch. Cheers.

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
Try getting boot.3dsx from https://github.com/fincs/new-hbmenu/releases/tag/v2.1.0 and put it on your SD card then following https://3ds.guide/finalizing-setup

The console isn't bricked, it just needs boot.firm to start up and it was missing in your case. After you follow the above you will have boot.firm on the memory of the console itself so your console will always start up even if you don't have it on your SD card.

Also, you can't get into the homebrew launcher the same way after you install CFW. The page that I linked will show you how you need to do it from now on.

Last edited by Quantumcat,
Reactions: Kokurie

Kokurie

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Thank you so much Quantumcat. The finalising step worked out correctly and I made my sysnand backup. I was worried having no visual steps would lead to a higher chance of unrepairable issues but it didn't turn out that way.

I can show my brother how much I more tech savvy I have grown :D

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: It's a shame some people's cake always resort to the same taste