Ever17

Discussion in 'PSP - Games & Content' started by drobb, Oct 19, 2012.

Oct 19, 2012

Ever17 by drobb at 12:19 PM (2,250 Views / 0 Likes) 21 Comments

drobb New Member

Message Count:
    United States
    ive heard this is a really good game if you like 999, as it was written by the same guy and is considered the spiritual precursor to 999. does a translation for this game exist. i know there was a US pc release but was hoping to play it on the psp.

emigre Making weeaboos look bad.

Message Count:
    United Kingdom
    Unfortunately it doesn't from when I asked about it a few weeks ago. :(
    1 people like this.

clarky The King of Limbs

Message Count:
    United Kingdom
    I'm pretty certain I read someone did a port of the engine (or something along those lines) to the DS. While i know you are asking in a PSP forum, not all your options are shot down

emigre Making weeaboos look bad.

Message Count:
    United Kingdom
    Yeah, there's an english version for Visual Novel DS(VNDS). If memory serves me correct, there's a VNDS version of the game around 300mb. But the problem its illegal to host that version for obvious reasons. The only link I knew of that version was on the VNDS forum on Megaupload. You should be able to convert the PC version for the DS but that case, you may as well play the PC version.

ferofax End of the World

Message Count:
    Philippines
    It was ported on VNDS, a Visual Novel engine for the DS series. You sort of just copy paste the properly formatted files in a directory and play the novel from there.

EDIT: :Ninja'd. :D

Arras I will be your hexahedron today

Message Count:
    Netherlands
    DO NOT play the VNDS version. It's horribly broken. If you're going to play it, play it on the PC.
    GHANMI likes this.

WiiUBricker Insert Custom Title

Message Count:
    Spain
    It's not worth it to play the DS version because you can't get the true ending due to a broken "new game+" function. Your best bet is to play the PC version.
    An english version for the PSP doesn't exist.

Daemauroa New Member

Message Count:
    Netherlands
    it's quite funny for me this topic, because I have just recently, like you, found out that ever17 was made before 999 and by the same makers. anyway, for the orginal feel of the game I could recommend you to play the Visual Novel on a pc, I don't have heard anything about the ds version of it, but the min req for playing the game are 400 mhz processor at least, and the ds processor is far below If i recall correctly. I do remember there was also a PSP version made , but I don't know if it is translated.

but still, I think you will get a much better experience of the game if you play it on PC than on the DS.

Message Count:
    Netherlands
    Actually, you can't get the true end but for some reason Sora's end doesn't work either. (when I tried it) So you can only get 3/5 endings.
    • Newcomer

BlackAngel5 New Member

Message Count:
    United States
    Ever 17 is an AMAZING~ game and I definitely recommend it even if it would be troubling playing it on the PC. Like you I also tried looking for a translated PSP version since it would allow my playing a lot more flexibility but after scouring the internet, soon found out that there isn't an English patch or port. And playing it on VNDS is just not the same as having it on a nice big widescreen....play it though, I did right after I finish 999 and looked up everything about it on Wikipedia (Wiki FTW). Just for future reference, another game in the series, Remember 11:Age of Infinity has an English patch if you're interested in playing that one after Ever 17, but it doesn't really have a "true" ending from what I've heard due to money issues. I haven't really finished that one though so I personally wouldn't know ^_^

ferofax End of the World

Message Count:
    Philippines
    This just totally came to me -- Visual Novels would be a treat on tablets. Touch controls, plus the lightness and portability compared to sitting in front of the PC for hours... totally sweet.
    • Reporter

VatoLoco Don't crush that dwarf, hand me the pliers.

Message Count:
    United States

Janthran Solarian

Message Count:
    United States
    Someone should make a translation for the PSP version.
    It shouldn't be that hard.. Right?

potato3334 New Member

Message Count:
    United States
    I haven't had any issues with the VNDS adaption, I got to the true ending just fine.
    I haven't played the PC version but I still recommend it due to higher quality graphics and audio.

Mythrix New Member

Message Count:
    I finished playing Ever 17 (PC version) a few weeks ago, it was definitely a great story!

I considered getting Never7 or Remember11, but in the end I gave that up since I read that Never7 is more of a "dating sim" compared to Ever17, and Remember11 didn't have a "proper ending". I think I read that they fixed that in the PSP remake by adding a few more endings, but it hasn't been translated... Too bad!

While looking around for other officially released English VNs for PSP, I found out that they're actually working on an English version of Corpse Party: Book of Shadows for PSP, so I guess I might get that one once it's out. I liked the first Corpse Party game. Very freaky playing with a headset. :D The sequel is AFAIK pure VN, without the 16-bit walking around part.

Oh BTW I made a version of Der Mond, Das Meer with both Sara and Coco by merging together both of their versions that I found on Youtube:
  1. buyme83
    This message by buyme83 has been removed from public view by FIX94, Jan 1, 2013.
    Jan 1, 2013

Message Count:
    Netherlands
    Don't play Remember11. I did once, I still regret it occasionally. The story starts out OK but at the end it pulls a giant Deus Ex Machina (even though the game itself tells you that's just bad storytelling), the plot is convoluted as hell, it's pretty much impossible to understand what (and why) happened at the end and there's no proper end. Basically every end is a bad end, more or less. Not sure about N7 though.

Also, if you haven't seen the anime Steins;Gate, you may want to consider playing the VN. The anime has an average rating of something like 9.2 and is generally seen as completely awesome. The VN tells the exact same story, but has some additional stuff and the end is a bit more surprising IMO.
    Last edited by Arras, Jan 8, 2013

Mythrix New Member

Message Count:
    Ah, I already saw the anime though, so the end is probably spoiled for me already. Though I am rather curious how much from the VN/game the anime may have left out!
    Last edited by Mythrix, Jan 8, 2013

Message Count:
    Netherlands
    Most of it is pretty much the same, but there are some additional "bad"-ish endings (they're not really worth it though) and the second part of the story is a bit slower and more happens. Like when Feyris has that tournament and gets ambushed, that part is much longer in the VN. You actually get shown the match, go back in time to prevent those dudes from sabotaging her etc. Most of the "D-mail undo part" is much longer. If you've already seen the anime it's probably not worth it though.
    Mythrix likes this.

Mythrix New Member

Message Count:
    Aha, thanks for the explanation! Yeah I guess it's probably not worth it then.

Corpse Party: Book of Shadows is apparently coming out in a week (in US at least, hopefully not that much later for EU). Will probably get that one as soon as it's available! Currently replaying the first one on my PS Vita. :)

Message Count:
    Netherlands
    Ah, nice. I guess I'll have to finish the first one sometime and try that (I think I got to somewhere halfway chapter 3 or 4)