Euro game on Jap console

neocat

The GbaTemp 1337 Cat of D00M!!
Trophies
Website
www.neocat.2ya.com
XP
Country
In my nintendo 64 box it clearly states that the european console is not compatible with japanese or american games and vice-versa, so I guess the GBA is the same

Although i have a friend that has a mono GB that came from america and it works... but it is very old... apparently gb's are universal...

EDIT: I won't delete this post not to make smith look stupid but i'd like to, so i edited

Smith

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
AFAIK, Gameboys and GBA's are NOT region locked, meaning you should be able to play foreign games, etc quite happily on any machine. It's possible that theres some kind of problem with the cart, OR the gameboy if it wont save, i'd guess.

obanir

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Are you talking about gba erik?
If so then gba like gbc are universal
and the region of the cartridge shouldn't matter.
It's only when linking to a game cube that you
can't use a jap gba game with a us/euro game cube
game and vice versa because of the text differences.
At least thats what I assume.

ShadowXP

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
My mum imported Yu-Gi-Oh! for GBA for me for xmas from America. I'm in the UK, and the first time it's a little bigger than EURO carts, but plays fine. (except it's even darker) But, about 2 years ago, I imported Banjo-Tooie for N64 from America, and that did not fit into the N64.

F

fractic

The N64 and the Gc have a teritorial lockout
frown.gif

m@li

Maëlys addict :)
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
France
My mum imported Yu-Gi-Oh! for GBA for me for xmas from America. I'm in the UK, and the first time it's a little bigger than EURO carts, but plays fine. (except it's even darker) But, about 2 years ago, I imported Banjo-Tooie for N64 from America, and that did not fit into the N64.
N64 are region locked...you'll need an adapter in order to fit it in!
frown.gif

I don't know if your TV is PAL, but you could also have PAL/NTSC pb.
I maked the same mistake with 3 games!!....
frown.gif

Fortunately they were cheap (3 for half the price of one
smile.gif
)!

Smith

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Most of the "desktop" consoles have tended to use some sort of terrtory lockout system. However, it's worth noting that the Megadrive and Genesis, for example, were "locked" by virtute of having a different cartridge shape, so that one couldn't fit into the other. The software was usually compatible though, so if you removed or modified the case of the cart/console, you could play foreign games without an adaptor.

Darkforce

DERP!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Most of the "desktop" consoles have tended to use some sort of terrtory lockout system. However, it's worth noting that the Megadrive and Genesis, for example, were "locked" by virtute of having a different cartridge shape, so that one couldn't fit into the other. The software was usually compatible though, so if you removed or modified the case of the cart/console, you could play foreign games without an adaptor.
Yeah the same thing with the SNES in the US and Japan.

On another note, I can't wait for the Freeloader to come out can you guys?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @salazarcosplay, yes