+1 Soldier Front ( FPS )
+1 Runescape (MMORPG)
+1 Silkroad Online (MMORPG)
+1 Counter Strike Source (FPS)
+1 PES2011 (Football?xD)

add them if you could please and i might post more later xD

D

Deleted User

Why is Portal under FPS? It's not an FPS at all, it's a puzzle/platform game that's in first person.

For me:

Portal [Puzzle/Platform]
Portal 2 [Puzzle/Platform]
Half-Life 2 [FPS]
Half-Life 2 Episode 1 [FPS]
Half-Life 2 Episode 2 [FPS]
Team Fortress 2 [FPS]
Braid [Puzzle/Platform]
World of Goo [Puzzle]

Waflix

El Psy Congroo
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Gears of War (2) - First/Third person shooter
Unreal Tournament (all of them)- MMO

----
And also there is a difference between MMO's, RPG's and MMORPG's.
A MMORPG is a game where you are the main character and it can be played worldwide. A RPG is where you are the main character and you can't play it via the internet. And a MMO is a game where people from all over the world can play it, but no one is the actual main character. Everyone has an equal role.

So I would say that Guild Wars, WoW, Aion and Rift are MMORPG's, and Unreal Tournament is a MMO.

D

Deleted User

Waflix said:

----
A MMORPG is a game where you are the main character and it can be played worldwide. A RPG is where you are the main character and you can't play it via the internet. And a MMO is a game where people from all over the world can play it, but no one is the actual main character. Everyone has an equal role.

So I would say that Guild Wars, WoW, Aion and Rift are MMORPG's, and Unreal Tournament is a MMO.
Well no, by your logic Call of Duty is an MMO. Just because it can be played worldwide doesn't make it "massively multiplayer".

Raika

uguu
Trophies
XP
Country
Instead of using commas, why not make the list like in other [Essential] threads? It'll make the format look less shitty.

Anyways:

Assassin's Creed 2 [Action Adventure]
Assassin's Creed Brotherhood [Action Adventure]
Devil May Cry 4 [Action]
Minecraft [Sandbox] (gamefaqs lists this as a freaking first-person fantasy adventure)
Plants VS Zombies [Real Time Strategy]
Stepmania [Rhythm]

Looking for genres, hold on.
Oh my god screw this, genres are different everywhere I look, so I'll just put down whatever.

D

Deleted User

Raika said:
Instead of using commas, why not make the list like in other [Essential] threads? It'll make the format look less shitty.

Anyways:

Assassin's Creed 2 [Action Adventure]
Assassin's Creed Brotherhood [Action Adventure]
Devil May Cry 4 [Action]
Minecraft [Sandbox] (gamefaqs lists this as a freaking first-person fantasy adventure)
Plants VS Zombies [Real Time Strategy]
Stepmania [Rhythm]

Looking for genres, hold on.
Oh my god screw this, genres are different everywhere I look, so I'll just put down whatever.
To be honest your genres seem pretty much spot-on to me. I don't know why anywhere else would list them differently. :/

Waflix

El Psy Congroo
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
warmijwilfaain said:
Waflix said:

----

Well no, by your logic Call of Duty is an MMO. Just because it can be played worldwide doesn't make it "massively multiplayer".

Maybe I said it wrong, but I tried to say that when it can be played online with thousands of players at the same time it is a MMO, and when you are also the main character it is a RPG. Final Fantasy: Crystal Chronicles: Echoes of Time is a RPG. It can be played by everyone all over the world, but not with thousands of players at the same time. So I give you right, but only because I gave the wrong information.

Originality

Chibi-neko
Trophies
Website
metalix.deviantart.com
XP
Country
"Massively multiplayer" refers to games that have a large number of people playing in the same world environment, at the same time, usually with no upper limit. Online FPS titles tend to just be "MOFPS", since they're typically limited to a certain number of simultaneous players (8 players, 16 players, or IIRC up to 256 players in MAG). No Unreal Tournament game is considered a "MMOFPS" because of the limit on simultaneous players.

Also, Guild Wars is widely considered a "MSORPG", or Massively Singleplayer Online RPG, due to the fact that most players actually don't party up with other players and instead rely on a mostly AI party.

Waflix

El Psy Congroo
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Originality said:
"Massively multiplayer" refers to games that have a large number of people playing in the same world environment, at the same time, usually with no upper limit. Online FPS titles tend to just be "MOFPS", since they're typically limited to a certain number of simultaneous players (8 players, 16 players, or IIRC up to 256 players in MAG). No Unreal Tournament game is considered a "MMOFPS" because of the limit on simultaneous players.

Also, Guild Wars is widely considered a "MSORPG", or Massively Singleplayer Online RPG, due to the fact that most players actually don't party up with other players and instead rely on a mostly AI party.

Yes, but I thought that if we would keep it a bit simple the list wouldn't have so much categories. So Guild Wars should be a MMORPG.

Originality

Chibi-neko
Trophies
Website
metalix.deviantart.com
XP
Country
I'm not saying to re-classify Guild Wars, just pointing it out. In any case, let's just say MMOs are games where thousands of people play simultaneously (that way MAG isn't considered a MMO, even though having over 200 players at once would be massive).

Waflix

El Psy Congroo
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Originality said:
I'm not saying to re-classify Guild Wars, just pointing it out. In any case, let's just say MMOs are games where thousands of people play simultaneously (that way MAG isn't considered a MMO, even though having over 200 players at once would be massive).

But there is a difference between the amount of players it can handle and the amount of players using it. Guild Wars can't become a RPG because only one user is playing it (just an example). But I agree MMOs are where thousands of people could play simultaneously.
So is the problem solved now?

machomuu

Drops by occasionally
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
+1
Unreal Tournament 2003+2004+3
Medieval 2: Total War
Rome: Total War
Company of Heroes