Gaming [Essentials] Nintendo e-Shop

PriMieon

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Can we have a legend key for [Free] games/apps? It would really help people like myself, who can't afford games/apps.

Anyways,

+ Netflix [Free]
+ Swapnote [Free]
+ Legend of Zelda: Four Swords, The [Free]
+ Pokedex 3D [Free]
+ Nintendo Video [Free]
+ VVVVVV

Also, just a suggest, but maybe put the list in a quote box itself? It might help to make your post more decipherable. Also, feel free to call me an idiot and ignore me. Example:

Instant buy [50 votes or more]

Essentials [25 votes or more]

Recommended [10 votes or more]

3D Classics Excitebike [11 votes] 3D classics
Pokédex 3D [19 votes] 3DS Ware
Legend of Zelda Link's Awakening DX, The [23 votes] Virtual Console Games GameBoy Color
Super Mario Land [12 votes] Virtual Console Games GameBoy

Noteworthy [5 votes or more]

Donkey Kong [6 votes] Virtual Console Games GameBoy
Kirby's Dream land [5 votes] Virtual Console Games GameBoy
Nintendo Video [5 votes] Others
Pushmo [8 votes] 3DS Ware

Others [4 votes or less ]

3D Classics Xevious [2 votes] 3D classics
Avenging Spirit [1 vote] Virtual Console Games GameBoy
Double Dragon [1 vote] Virtual Console Games GameBoy
Game & Watch Gallery [1 vote] Virtual Console Games GameBoy
Let's Golf 3D [4 votes] 3DS Ware
Mario's Picross [3 votes] Virtual Console Games GameBoy
Netflix [3 votes] Others
QIX [2 vote] Virtual Console Games GameBoy
Tennis [1 vote] Virtual Console Games GameBoy
VVVVVV [1 vote] 3DS Ware
Metroid 2: Return of Samus [1 vote] Virtual Console Games GameBoy
zelda is dsi ware ..he or she said dont post dsi ware

D

Deleted User

+1 Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening. Somehow, I hated Zelda when I played this game and I loved it. O_O
+1 Pushmo. It has such a large fan base, you won't run out of puzzles.
+1 Swapnote. Free, fun, and swapping notes! What more could you ask for?

RupeeClock

Colors 3D Snivy!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Time for my to break out my recommendations.

+Colors 3D
+Art of Balance TOUCH!
+Mighty Switch Force
+Pushmo (Pullblox)
+3D Classics Kirby's Adventure
+The Legend of Zelda Link's Awakening DX (VC)
+Mario's Picross (VC)
+Gargoyle's Quest (VC)

Colors 3D is simply a fantastic drawing package for the 3DS, I've had a lot of fun sketching and painting with this remarkable painting application, I'm currently working on a nice piece based on a photo I took.

Art of Balance TOUCH is definitely going to be a sleeper hit. A game centred around stacking blocks into a tower and keeping them balanced, this actually is a very creative and challenging puzzler, with many surprising mechanics in it. Check out the video on the European eShop, it's awesome.

Mighty Switch Force is a highly polished puzzle platformed from WayForward, so naturally it has awesome music by Virt, great gameplay, and cute, sexy girls.

Pullblox is one of the best puzzlers I have played in a long time, the simple act of pushing and pulling out walls to ascend to the goal at the top is simple to grasp, yet challenging to conquer. It hardly needs introduction as THE eShop essential.

3D Classics Kirby's Adventure is the classic NES title remade faithfully for the 3DS. With an added 3D effect, which surprisingly only adds so little, the game itself controls as perfectly as the original, in fact better. NES technical limitations are a thing of the past, there's no garbage graphics on screen and the framerate is utterly perfect. This is the definitive version of the game, I recommend it over Nightmare in Dreamland.

Link's Awakening DX remains to be one of the best top down Zelda titles produced, nuff said. If you're a fan of playing around with glitches, there's actually a surprising amount of fun to be had playing around in the realm of the Doghouse Glitch. I've played the game for over 25 hours because of it, and even found a glitch that forces the 3DS to shut down.

Mario's Picross is a simple version of a fan favourite puzzle game called Picross, where you are told the number of panels to be filled in each row and column, and have to figure out which panels to fill in. With some pretty catchy tunes, as well decently challenging puzzles this will whet your appetite for the upcoming 3DS sequel to Picross DS.

Gargoyle's Quest is a platforming game by Capcom, starring Firebrand from the Ghosts 'n Goblin series. Surprisingly challenging with tacked on RPG elements that gradually open up more abilities, it's worth checking out.

---------------

Other titles I feel I should mention but can't recommend for one reason or another.
VVVVVV is waiting to be played on my system memory, I'm sure it will be great.
Dillon's Rolling Western I've only played a little, but I've enjoyed so far. I haven't really gotten into the game like I have Kid Icarus Uprising though.
Super Mario Land 2 is...well, it's too short. You can beat it in two hours.
Pokédex 3D is a neat app, and it's free but hardly essential. Nab it whilst you still can.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It must be the 1st already
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    1st of what?
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    may?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Oh yeah it's in September
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BakerMan, yea i think its different
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    ok, because here it's in september, right before the fuckin school year starts
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    good night
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    as to you
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    How do you know if the night will be good when you're asleep
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    because i didn't say i was asleep
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    i said i was sleeping...
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    sleeping with uremum
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Even my mum slept on that uremum
  • TwoSpikedHands @ TwoSpikedHands:
    yall im torn... ive been hacking away at tales of phantasia GBA (the USA version) and have so many documents of reverse engineering i've done
    I just found out that the EU version is better in literally every way, better sound quality, better lighting, and there's even a patch someone made to make the text look nicer
    Do I restart now using what i've learned on the EU version since it's a better overall experience? or do I continue with the US version since that is what ive been using, and if someone decides to play my hack, it would most likely be that version?
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    @TwoSpikedHands, I'll preface this with the fact that I know nothing about the game, but, I think it depends on what your goals are. Are you trying to make a definitive version of the game? You may want to refocus your efforts on the EU version then. Or, are you trying to make a better US version? In which case, the only way to make a better US version is to keep on plugging away at that one ;)
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    I'm not familiar with the technicalities of the differences between the two versions, but I'm wondering if at least some of those differences are things that you could port over to the US version in your patch without having to include copyrighted assets from the EU version
    @Sicklyboy I am wanting to fully change the game and bend it to my will lol. I would like to eventually have the ability to add more characters, enemies, even have a completely different story if i wanted. I already have the ability to change the tilemaps in the US version, so I can basically make my own map and warp to it in game - so I'm pretty far into it!
    I really would like to make a hack that I would enjoy playing, and maybe other people would too. swapping to the EU version would also mean my US friends could not legally play it
    I am definitely considering porting over some of the EU features without using the actual ROM itself, tbh that would probably be the best way to go about it... but i'm sad that the voice acting is so.... not good on the US version. May not be a way around that though
    I appreciate the insight!
    TwoSpikedHands @ TwoSpikedHands: I appreciate the insight!