eddz

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Hi everyone,

I've got an Erista Switch running Atmosphere. Have been using it for a couple of months just fine mostly playing one game. Decided to close down the game and try Mario Kart and then this screen appeared. Now, it boots to this screen every time.
Nothing else was done. I didn't updata Atmosphere or anything else.
OFW is still working fine.

Anyone know what I could do to fix it? Thanks.

0L9lxK5.png

Blythe93

The Treasure Tracker
Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
Did you try connecting to the Internet at any point after updating to 17.0.x? Did you blank your prodinfo sometime in the past? If so, you can use DNS MITM in order to "fix" the issue. That error probably occurred as soon as your console tried to connect to Nintendo servers while having blank prodinfo, which was fixed in firmware 17.0.0.

I'd suggest that you restore your prodinfo if you still have it and use exosphere for blanking prodinfo if you need it. It's unknown how useful it is, however, since it's unknown whether the info's cached somewhere else before the blanking happens after booting into Atmosphere. Regardless, DNS MITM is necessary for online features to work properly (well, mainly for homebrew stuff and everything else other than connecting to Nintendo servers).

eddz

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Did you try connecting to the Internet at any point after updating to 17.0.x? Did you blank your prodinfo sometime in the past? If so, you can use DNS MITM in order to "fix" the issue. That error probably occurred as soon as your console tried to connect to Nintendo servers while having blank prodinfo, which was fixed in firmware 17.0.0.

I'd suggest that you restore your prodinfo if you still have it and use exosphere for blanking prodinfo if you need it. It's unknown how useful it is, however, since it's unknown whether the info's cached somewhere else before the blanking happens after booting into Atmosphere. Regardless, DNS MITM is necessary for online features to work properly (well, mainly for homebrew stuff and everything else other than connecting to Nintendo servers).
The Switch isn't with me, it's my friends one. I asked him to test by turning off the router and booted back into Atmosphere (so no internet access as it booted) and got the below error.
I've asked him to turn the router back on and boot back into CFW to see if the previous error comes back. That would at least tell me it's got something to do with internet access (but not much more).

I know the hosts files are on the Switch (DNS MITM) so it shouldn't be reaching out to the actual Nin servers.

The thing is I never updated Atmosphere on this Switch. I direct installed Atmosphere 1.6.2 (using the HATS package) which is still the latest version and it worked for a few months, then this happened. AFAIK there is no prodinfo blanking done with this install. So it's very strange to me that this error would occur.

Incidentally, as a side question, what is the relationship between Atmosphere version on Github 1.6.2 and firmware 17.0.1?

WzUNcpY.jpeg

Last edited by eddz,
Reactions: Blythe93

Blythe93

The Treasure Tracker
Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
The thing is I never updated Atmosphere on this Switch. I direct installed 17.0.1 (using the HATS package) and it worked for a few months, then this happened. AFAIK there is no prodinfo blanking done with this install. So it's very strange to me that this error would occur.
Did you try going into Hekate under Tools > Arch bit . RCM . Touch . Pkg1/2 > Fix Archive Bit? That might fix the issue you're having and may take a while to finish.
Since it worked for a while, I wonder if the SD card has gone bad or something? Could it be that it's a fake or faulty?

Good thing is that OFW works so, in the worst case scenario, you can get a new SD card and start from scratch.
Just use NIM ips patch
I keep forgetting that this thing exists. Thanks for reminding me, will try to remember it this time around. ^^

Reactions: eddz

eddz

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Did you try going into Hekate under Tools > Arch bit . RCM . Touch . Pkg1/2 > Fix Archive Bit? That might fix the issue you're having and may take a while to finish.
Since it worked for a while, I wonder if the SD card has gone bad or something? Could it be that it's a fake or faulty?

i haven't tried that yet and am hesitant to do so because the SD card was never removed and placed in a PC for that archive bit to be set. Unless the Switch itself can mess with that archive bit (which I doubt) then this isn't the issue.

Here's the rub. This is the second time this Switch has given me the black screen error (not the first error with the Atmosphere logo I posted earlier). That time I thought it was a dodgy SD Card (it's not a fake, I've used this particular Samsung card often and I know it's good) so I replaced it..... and now I see the same black screen error again but with the new SD card! Can't be coincidence.
Perhaps it's a corruption coming about from the piggyback ribbon connector that connect between the original eMMC board and the motherboard (it's a v2 Switch).
Post automatically merged:

Good thing is that OFW works so, in the worst case scenario, you can get a new SD card and start from scratch.
Not really. He has some saved files that he really doesn't to lose. Any idea how I could recover those?

Blythe93

The Treasure Tracker
Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
Perhaps it's a corruption coming about from the piggyback ribbon connector that connect between the original eMMC board and the motherboard (it's a v2 Switch).
I see... Well, it seems like you already know more than I do so I probably won't be much of a help anymore. ^^ Hopefully someone else will be able to help you out as this is next-level troubleshooting for me that I haven't reached yet. ^^
Not really. He has some saved files that he really doesn't to lose. Any idea how I could recover those?
Here's a guide which uses NxNandManager to extract them from the emuNAND, and JKSV to restore them later on. If you're on sysNAND, saves should be stored on its internal memory so I believe that you don't need to back them up.

eddz

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
I see... Well, it seems like you already know more than I do so I probably won't be much of a help anymore. ^^ Hopefully someone else will be able to help you out as this is next-level troubleshooting for me that I haven't reached yet. ^^

Here's a guide which uses NxNandManager to extract them from the emuNAND, and JKSV to restore them later on. If you're on sysNAND, saves should be stored on its internal memory so I believe that you don't need to back them up.
Thanks for your help, mate. Appreciate it.

The saved games are from when he was playing games on the CFW on the SDcard. Does that mean the saves are on the SD card too?

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Thanks for your help, mate. Appreciate it.

The saved games are from when he was playing games on the CFW on the SDcard. Does that mean the saves are on the SD card too?
They're in the emuNAND partition (which is on the SD)
Saves are always stored in "internal memory", which in the case of emuNAND is on the SD card.

Reactions: Blythe93 and eddz

worm28

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This most likely wont help but try to rename the contents folder then reboot its located in SD/atmosphere/contents.

eddz

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
They're in the emuNAND partition (which is on the SD)
Saves are always stored in "internal memory", which in the case of emuNAND is on the SD card.
Got it, thanks.
Is there a way that you would recommend to restore saves from one SD card to another?

I had a look through the guide Blythe93 pasted and found it a bit confusing. I prefer guides that explain what is actually happening in the backend whilst you work through them. Otherwise it just feels like voodoo to me.

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Got it, thanks.
Is there a way that you would recommend to restore saves from one SD card to another?

I had a look through the guide Blythe93 pasted and found it a bit confusing. I prefer guides that explain what is actually happening in the backend whilst you work through them. Otherwise it just feels like voodoo to me.
That's the only way. How it works is pretty simple. After extracting the raw save data from NAND with NxNandManager, the extract nand gamesave tool extracts the contents of those saves (which puts them in the right format that save managers can recognize), then it's simply a matter of injecting them with JKSV (Checkpoint can also work, but uses a slightly different folder structure, so JKSV is easier)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: Dem 🥜 s