Hacking Error Code 002-0102, Have I been banned?

chemistryfreak

Trophies
XP
Country
Proof that the error is indeed a ban....
ivlq8zOgK1Qk9.jpg

Fire_Slasher

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
What is this ban targeting exactly? Can you be banned for using the Pokemon injection or GBC rom injection?

As far as we know, no, you can't be banned for using the web exploit for anything, the problem seems to be people going online with public headers on their games BUT again, nothing is 100% confirmed yet so take it with a grain of salt.

Also forgot to mention, I used the web exploit yesterday for pokemon AS and I was able to play online just fine.

Reactions: MrJason005

cluelessmcguf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Also forgot to mention, I used the web exploit yesterday for pokemon AS and I was able to play online just fine.
Yeah, I've used it a few times and have been able to go online no problems. Just checked a moment ago and still no ban for me. Still, I'll play it safe for now and not use it until we get more information on the ban itself.

ody81

Trophies
XP
Country
So I take it you are using gateway right? Unfortunately I dunno how.cia files work, I thought they were just for eshop games?

Nah, you can dump a retail to .cia just fine.

I've been skimming this thread for a while now, no way are Ninty banning fuckers. Not their style.

If you're paranoid than .cia roms are the way to go. At least you won't be sharing headers with x amount of folks.

Reactions: MrJason005

sychotix

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
People reporting that "online works fine" should know that many companies to bans in waves. It is just more convenient and you are able to get more people. (Yes, I know nintendo is nintendo. No need to point it out) We don't currently know what this banwave was caused by, but the current suspicion is that they got banned for using public headers. Yes your "Online works fine".... for now, but that doesn't mean you won't be put on a list for the next banwave.

TL;DR: Be careful when going online with public headers. Just because you aren't banned now, doesn't mean you won't be next.

DragonSky

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
As far as we know, no, you can't be banned for using the web exploit for anything, the problem seems to be people going online with public headers on their games BUT again, nothing is 100% confirmed yet so take it with a grain of salt.

The only thing is that Nintendo said them it was a ban.

tony_2018

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Where is this coming from, getting banned for using the web exploit? I don't even see how you can get ban that? This has to do with the way the backup rom is setup with the header.

Avenger2000

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a N3DS LL and just bought a Sky3DS the other day. If I don't play the roms online, is my chance of being banned close to nothing? I don't want to not to be able to play my legal cartridges online. The roms I am using, I don't really have to play online. Thanks.

YourHero

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Someone claimed that this happened with a private header too. Why everyone is claming it's public header fault?

The person with a private header said he changed his wifi settings and it fixed it. So unless there is another, false alarm. Back to public header bans.

D

Deleted-355425

I have a N3DS LL and just bought a Sky3DS the other day. If I don't play the roms online, is my chance of being banned close to nothing? I don't want to not to be able to play my legal cartridges online. The roms I am using, I don't really have to play online. Thanks.

depends if the 3DS or NNID logs what games you have played and the header its used in its history, if so next time you log in and it checks you will be banned. As we dont know enough right now i wouldnt use any or just keep you wifi off lol.

Avenger2000

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
depends if the 3DS or NNID logs what games you have played and the header its used in its history, if so next time you log in and it checks you will be banned. As we dont know enough right now i wouldnt use any or just keep you wifi off lol.

Man, I chose such lousy timing to buy a Sky3ds.

tony_2018

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Man, I chose such lousy timing to buy a Sky3ds.

It still works as intended, just heed the warning of online play plus you should already know the risk of using public headers, or know by now. Thats why majority of us recommend personal private headers.

YES THERE IS NO PROOF OF WHAT NINTENDO IS LOOKING FOR, SO WOULD YOU RATHER PLAY IT SAFE OR CONTINUE TO USE PUBLIC HEADERS? YOUR CHOICE.

Avenger2000

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It still works as intended, just heed the warning of online play plus you should already know the risk of using public headers, or know by now. Thats why majority of us recommend personal private headers.

YES THERE IS NO PROOF OF WHAT NINTENDO IS LOOKING FOR, SO WOULD YOU RATHER PLAY IT SAFE OR CONTINUE TO USE PUBLIC HEADERS? YOUR CHOICE.

Thanks for the advice. Maybe I won't use it for a few days an see if there is any further info that comes out on the topic. Or else, if I can find a dirt cheap 3ds xl, I might buy it and use it on that. I don't want to mess up my N3DS LL.

BobPwnz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Have any of the banned people come from the US or is it just the UK. This is a real bummer if Nintendo is actually banning people for headers.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Biomutant looks cool tho, may have to try that
  • Quincy @ Quincy:
    Usually when such a big title leaks the Temp will be the first to report about it (going off of historical reports here, Pokemon SV being the latest one I can recall seeing pop up here)
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I still like how a freaking mp3 file hacks webos all that security defeated by text yet again
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    They have simulators for everything nowdays, cray cray. How about a sim that shows you playing the Switch.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    That's called yuzu
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I want a 120hz 4k tv but crazy how more expensive the 120hz over the 60hz are. Or even more crazy is the price of 8k's.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    No real point since movies are 30fps
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Not a big movie buff, more of a gamer tbh. And Series X is 120hz 8k ready, but yea only 120hz 4k games out right now, but thinking of in the future.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Mostly why you never see TV manufacturers going post 60hz
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I only watch tv when i goto bed, it puts me to sleep, and I have a nas drive filled w my fav shows so i can watch them in order, commercial free. I usually watch Married w Children, or South Park
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Stremio ruined my need for nas
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I stream from Nas to firestick, one on every tv, and use Kodi. I'm happy w it, plays everything. (I pirate/torrent shows/movies on pc, and put on nas)
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Kodi repost are still pretty popular
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    What the hell is Kodi reposts? what do you mean, or "Wut?" -xdqwerty
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Google them basically web crawlers to movie sites
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    oh you mean the 3rd party apps on Kodi, yea i know what you mean, yea there are still a few cool ones, in fact watched the new planet of the apes movie other night w wifey thru one, was good pic surprisingly, not a cam
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Damn, only $2.06 and free shipping. Gotta cost more for them to ship than $2.06
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I got my Dad a firestick for Xmas and showed him those 3rd party sites on Kodi, he loves it, all he watches anymore. He said he has got 3 letters from AT&T already about pirating, but he says f them, let them shut my internet off (He wants out of his AT&T contract anyways)
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    That's where stremio comes to play never got a letter about it
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I just use a VPN, even give him my login and password so can use it also, and he refuses, he's funny.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I had to find and get him an old style flip phone even without text, cause thats what he wanted. No text, no internet, only phone calls. Old, old school.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: @BigOnYa...