Hacking Error Code 002-0102, Have I been banned?

BaNaNa01011

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
In order to make a new NNID on a 3DS, you have to format to remove the old one, right? Here's the kicker: in order to format, you have to connect to the internet to verify your NNID status. If it's banned, you cannot format the system. This happened to a guy at Gamefaqs who bought a used 3DS and it had a banned NNID on it, and he couldn't put a new NNID on it.

I don't see why you can't format emunand again using gateway. As long as sysnand and emunand are unlinked it should be possible.

PandaMayFire

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Headers to play online? Sorry, I'm lost, all I did was rip my game from my cartridge, and renamed it .3DZ and I can still play online on Omega Ruby, did I make a header? So noob, so lost >.> Bans? Should I stay offline for now?

lemanuel

Maxconsole's All-Knowing Lurker
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Headers to play online? Sorry, I'm lost, all I did was rip my game from my cartridge, and renamed it .3DZ and I can still play online on Omega Ruby, did I make a header? So noob, so lost >.> Bans? Should I stay offline for now?

the header is the unique ID of the cartridge and the chip. so when you dump from a cartridge, the rom created already includes the header from your cartridge.

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
You're fine. Your .3DZ ROM will be using the same header your cartridge did. Meaning it's not public, it's your own private header.

alpha_noj

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Well playing online may be a bit of a toss-up at this point, but as long as you ripped your own cartridge you have a private header--it's unique to that cartridge. As long as you don't share it, you're theoretically fine. But again, roll of the dice right now. I'm going to wait a week or so and see what the results are here.

stanleyopar2000

RIP Yuzu. "It is always morally correct..."
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
ig
Well playing online may be a bit of a toss-up at this point, but as long as you ripped your own cartridge you have a private header--it's unique to that cartridge. As long as you don't share it, you're theoretically fine. But again, roll of the dice right now. I'm going to wait a week or so and see what the results are here.

if you don't share it = don't play downloaded games online with jerryrigged headers

PandaMayFire

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks guys, learned something I didn't know before, but like the above, I think I'll stay offline for about a week or so also, just to be sure

YourHero

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I inject my own header into all my games. As long as you don't use a public header everyone should be fine. Does anyone know if headers match their game specifically or are they just unique IDs as a whole?

Vivec

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I used my Fantasy Life's header for a handful of different games and some of them gave me a prompt about autoadjusting them because the header had a different filesize or something to that effect, should I worry? Is this what some people have referred to as fake headers?

Nurio

That Kirby fan
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I used my Fantasy Life's header for a handful of different games and some of them gave me a prompt about autoadjusting them because the header had a different filesize or something to that effect, should I worry? Is this what some people have referred to as fake headers?
No. It has nothing to do with that. No need to worry. This happens for almost every custom header you pull from a different game.

lemanuel

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal

Basically that's because the header is composed of the Cartridge ID and the Chip ID. The cartridge ID can remain the same but the manufacturer's chip ID isn't the same for all games/cartridges. That's what is usually auto-fixed. But it should still be fine.

Nurio

That Kirby fan
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Basically that's because the header is composed of the Cartridge ID and the Chip ID. The cartridge ID can remain the same but the manufacturer's chip ID isn't the same for all games/cartridges. That's what is usually auto-fixed. But it should still be fine.
Wait? Are you sure it's the Manufacturer ID that's being fixed?

lemanuel

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
nope, its card type and rom size that can be auto fixed, manufacturer is the only setting that can't be auto fixed, that has to be trial and error'd

Seriously? lol. It's been too long since I did it. I guess I got confused. Thanks for correcting me ;)

At least I wasn't wrong about fixing the Manufacturer's ID

Nurio

That Kirby fan
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Yup. The Rom Patcher even says so. It's only that ID that gets changed.
Oh. Now I see the misunderstanding. I thought you meant it changed the Manufacturer. (The dropdown list after the Chip ID)
But yeah, it changes the Chip ID which isn't just tied to the Manufacturer. It's not the Manufacturer part of the ID that it changes.

kamesenin888

Trophies
XP
Country
Seriously? lol. It's been too long since I did it. I guess I got confused. Thanks for correcting me ;)

At least I wasn't wrong about fixing the Manufacturer's ID

dude i saw a post earlier about the new keyx being decrypted, where did you read that?, im interested in the subjetc

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: :rofl2: