Misc Error 51330 when conducting internet connection test

neop216

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Good evening, all,

An issue that has been plaguing me for the past week or so has been my softmodded Wii's recent inability to connect to the internet.

I will preface this with the fact that I had not played my Wii in the past six months before this, and in those six months, I had changed ISPs from WOW to Spectrum and received a new router. I am aware that this new router may be the issue in that it is incompatible with the Wii, but I would like to exhaust as many options as I can before I come to that conclusion.

I will attempt to recall all the steps I have taken. Firstly, upon creating a new connection, my Wii has no problem discovering my router (full strength connection). However, once I enter the password and begin a connection test, I am eventually given the error code 51330.

Things I have tried:
- following the official Nintendo guidelines for this error online
- ensuring that I have not input the incorrect password (as that seems to be the usual cause for this error code)
- checking to make sure that Priiloader isn't somehow preventing me from connecting (I did this to the best of my ability by disabling settings like blocking online updates, but I might be missing a setting somewhere)
- changing my WiFi password to something simple just to make sure I am not inputting the incorrect password
- changing the security setting on my router between WPA2 and WPA2/WPA Mixed (default is WPA2)
- checking to ensure that my router's radio wireless mode is compatible with the Wii (It appears to be compatible with 802.11b upon referencing the user's manual, but there doesn't seem to be any indication that it is compatible in the router's settings, as it only offers a selection between g, n, and g/n settings. There is a tick box underneath that says "b/g protection," but after googling it I still don't quite understand what it does)
- changing the control channel to 1 or 11
- changing the DNS settings in the connection so that the DNS is not auto-obtained and inputting the basic public DNS addresses available from Google (8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4)
- reading many threads here on gbatemp and other sites and trying many things, to no avail
- checking the wiimmfi.de error code database to see if I could learn anything more (It tells me to "Check WLAN settings at console and access point (router)." I'm not exactly experienced with this topic so I don't quite understand what specifically it wants me to do, but I feel like I have already done it)

All of the above actions result in the same error 51330. At this point, I think it may be a router incompatibility issue of some sort, but I thought I would ask for help before calling it quits.

The router I am using is the Spectrum-assigned Arris RAC2V1A 802.11ac Wave 2 Router. This router offers two frequencies to connect to, at 2.4 and 5 GHz. The Wii, of course, can only connect to the 2.4 GHz frequency. Last week my family ran into an issue where we found that our 2.4 GHz frequency was not functioning, and after reaching out to Spectrum for help in repairing it, it is now currently functioning on all other devices that attempt to use it.

Any advice? Anything I haven't yet tried or any possible solutions that have worked for you? Any other information I can provide to make things easier? Please let me know! Thanks! I will be sure to update my list of attempted solutions as this goes along just to streamline the process.

As an additional question, do you think purchasing a LAN adapter in pursuit of a wired connection would be a possible solution?

EDIT: Upon attempting to use my Wii U instead, I discovered something bizarre: My Wii U connects to the internet just fine (tested with many Wii U games and the internet browser), but when I attempt to run Wii games on it and connect to the internet on those (after using the Wiimmfi patcher), the same error 51330 occurs. Is there any reason this could be happening? Some time spent searching Google didn't bring up anybody who had this issue before.

Last edited by neop216,

beginner_thinker

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Yeah I spent all day doing the same stuff. I know it worked with the router 6 months ago cause I soft modded my wii using the "for seniors" guide.

Wheastley

Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
I'm having a similar problem, except my router has not changed. Nothing about my connection has changed. I recently turned on my Wii after several months of not using it, and now it simply refuses to connect. It worked just fine before. I don't have Priloader or anything similar. Connection tests constantly spew out Error Code 52130, 52131 and 52132 even though it clearly can see my router. Someone please help.

Last edited by Wheastley,

jeannotte

Trophies
XP
Country
France
I'm having a similar problem, except my router has not changed. Nothing about my connection has changed. I recently turned on my Wii after several months of not using it, and now it simply refuses to connect. It worked just fine before. I don't have Priloader or anything similar. Connection tests constantly spew out Error Code 52130, 52131 and 52132 even though it clearly can see my router. Someone please help.
Hello,

Did you delete the connection in the wii settings, then recreate a new connection ??

In your box do you have easy wifi to activate?

Reactions: Alexander1970

Wheastley

Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
Hello,

Did you delete the connection in the wii settings, then recreate a new connection ??

In your box do you have easy wifi to activate?

Yes to both of these questions. I've remade the connection countless times. When I search for an access point, it almost always shows my connection. I select it, enter the pass key, initiate a connection test, but it always fails no matter what. I've tried manually entering the info too, no dice. I've also tried resetting the router and changing the channel to 1 and 11.

Wheastley

Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
Yes to both of these questions. I've remade the connection countless times. When I search for an access point, it almost always shows my connection. I select it, enter the pass key, initiate a connection test, but it always fails no matter what. I've tried manually entering the info too, no dice. I've also tried resetting the router and changing the channel to 1 and 11.

Nevermind. Turns out it's a problem with my router, I made a wi-fi hotspot from my laptop and it can connect to that just fine.

UltraSUPRA

[title removed by staff]
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So it happened on my Wii U's vWii.
Is this a problem with Wiimmfi or something? If it's a problem with the router, I'm not bothering; I don't think I'm allowed to mess with it.

banjo2

gamer
Trophies
Website
youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
So it happened on my Wii U's vWii.
Is this a problem with Wiimmfi or something? If it's a problem with the router, I'm not bothering; I don't think I'm allowed to mess with it.

Sounds like you and the OP are using WiFi security settings that the Wii doesn't support, changing that setting or using a wired connection could help.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    NinStar @ NinStar: colonel, I'm trying to sneak around +1