Hacking Erista Switch. Sx-os System Ver.11.0. Install on Sysnand. Is it easy to upgrade to Atmosphere?

LobsterMobster

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Blowing off the old switch. I'm pretty sure I updated the switch using ChoiDujourNX on the sysnand , if that matters at all. I read the tutorial on rentry but I just want to be sure before I go ahead with it , I really don't want to brick my switch.

mikefor20

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Its safe and easy. 2 questions...

Is the switch banned?

Do you want to keep Sxos to use your USB drive on older games? (Atmo has no USB XCI loading.)

You can have SX with Atmo very easily. Dual boot. This is the time to think about what you want in your switch. Most people gloss over these things and try to decide for you.

Through normal modding,you can not brick an Erista. We do it on purpose to skip using dongles. Just make a nand backup.

evilone

Trophies
XP
Country
Saint Kitts and Nevis
Dual Boot is really a waste of time, had it also in first time as i had still hope that SX will come back some how..

Best is to move completley to AMS and thats it.. XCi can get installed easy with DBi if you want to play one..
If you buy an 512 or 1TB SD card, you will get all games you will ever need installed.

LobsterMobster

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Its safe and easy. 2 questions...

Is the switch banned?

Do you want to keep Sxos to use your USB drive on older games? (Atmo has no USB XCI loading.)

You can have SX with Atmo very easily. Dual boot. This is the time to think about what you want in your switch. Most people gloss over these things and try to decide for you.

Through normal modding,you can not brick an Erista. We do it on purpose to skip using dongles. Just make a nand backup.
Thank you for replying !
The switch isn't banned but I don't really care due to the family having other switches. I'll be usuing mostly for single player games.
I don't have a usb drive , like I mentioned it has been a while since I've booted up this switch but I'm pretty sure all my games were installed with Tinfoil and the .nsp extensions and the old freeshop or whatever it was called.

I don't really care if I dual boot , I just want to be able to play some of the newer games and keep up with the updates.
Post automatically merged:

Dual Boot is really a waste of time, had it also in first time as i had still hope that SX will come back some how..

Best is to move completley to AMS and thats it.. XCi can get installed easy with DBi if you want to play one..
If you buy an 512 or 1TB SD card, you will get all games you will ever need installed.
I agree , I think I'd rather just have AMS and be done with it.

aerios169

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
How would I go about doing that ?
Better to do an emunand for not getting banned, also my emunand got fucked 2 times for instslling nsp, do it also help you to dont lost your Switch if something gets wrong. Sea y a tutorial for emunand with hekate os preatty easy

mikefor20

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Don't state opinions as fact. 1TB SD cards are expensive and too small for my purposes. Usb HDD are cheap and hot swappable. Each of my kids have their own drive. Can swap without a reset. Very usefull. Op has no established USB device. So the point is moot. If he had a 5TB full then it might be desirable. And, for the record, i wasn't asking you nor do I care what you think. Its not about if SX will update. Its about 3000+ compatible games and the massive cheap storage. You can have both, this isnt the Highlander. My SX EmuNAND is 8GB. I have 5TB of HDD. Well worth it. I personally quad boot. Atmo/SX/linux and android. Its awesome.Let the OP decide.

Better to do an emunand for not getting banned, also my emunand got fucked 2 times for instslling nsp, do it also help you to dont lost your Switch if something gets wrong. Sea y a tutorial for emunand with hekate os preatty easy

Emunands are great for lots of reasons. You can do anything you want in them. The internal chip never engages so any issues stay in EmuNAND. Plus you can have multiple emunands esentally having several seperate switches s. My kids have their own and my save files never get erased.

I can help. Pm me. Whatever you want the end result. No bullshit politics. Who cares what Xcuter did or does. I dont. I will give you all the info. You decide.

Re-entry is fine for moving to Atmo on Erista. Safe. Keep a copy of your Nand backup o 11.0 just in case you'd like to use SX later for any reason.
Post automatically merged:

This has tons of good information including how to setup and swap between the EmuNANDS. You should read this in full.

https://gbatemp.net/threads/how-to-...en-partitions-on-the-same-sd-tutorial.601607/

Last edited by mikefor20,

mikefor20

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Are you going online? That makes all the difference. If so, i would update your SysNand to current for online. Keep a 11.0 emunand backup for SX in case you need to use SX for save games or wheatever and update your emunand for atmo. The guide i wrote explains and has information to bounce back and forth between the two. If you don't keep SX fo back up the EmuNAND. Just in case.

mikefor20

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I guess you mean this guide? https://rentry.org/SwitchHackingIsEasy

Just follow it and dump SXOS since it's so old and most homebrews don't work with it.

Lol homebrew? SX shouldn't be a daily driver. Atmo will work for that. Sx as a USB archive for XCI loading works great. So does almost all the important homebrew. USB loading is awesome. Tesla, fastCFWswitch and Sx. I should set up a drag n drop pack. Hot key in atmo and sx to change between os and to change between multiple emunands. It works great. SX works with 3000+ games!. There's no reason not to. Politics and butt hurt. Thats why not. Slap a 4gb emunand and 2 files on your sd and you can have both. In my use case with kids its perfect. I like my mass storage. And politically, I'm glad SX stole code. Pirates getting butthurt over piracy is HILARIOUS!

impeeza

¡Kabito!
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
Blowing off the old switch. I'm pretty sure I updated the switch using ChoiDujourNX on the sysnand , if that matters at all. I read the tutorial on rentry but I just want to be sure before I go ahead with it , I really don't want to brick my switch.
It's so easy what are two threads and a tutorial here on gbatemp which you can find them using the search bar at top of page. its fast.

linuxares

The inadequate, autocratic beast!
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
Lol homebrew? SX shouldn't be a daily driver. Atmo will work for that. Sx as a USB archive for XCI loading works great. So does almost all the important homebrew. USB loading is awesome. Tesla, fastCFWswitch and Sx. I should set up a drag n drop pack. Hot key in atmo and sx to change between os and to change between multiple emunands. It works great. SX works with 3000+ games!. There's no reason not to. Politics and butt hurt. Thats why not. Slap a 4gb emunand and 2 files on your sd and you can have both. In my use case with kids its perfect. I like my mass storage. And politically, I'm glad SX stole code. Pirates getting butthurt over piracy is HILARIOUS!
Yes, yes, keep drumming for an old piracy OS. Not sure why you keep it to you heart like it would be a religious experience but you do you. My suggestion is still for easy of use. Dump SXOS and us Atmosphere. Some games works a lot better with overclocking example TOTK.

mikefor20

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes, yes, keep drumming for an old piracy OS. Not sure why you keep it to you heart like it would be a religious experience but you do you. My suggestion is still for easy of use. Dump SXOS and us Atmosphere. Some games works a lot better with overclocking example TOTK.

So combative. "Yes yes" yada yada, religious experience blah blah blah. Im not condemning anyone. That sounds like something religious zealots do. "My way or god will smite you!".....with all due respect, how come people aren't tolerent to other views here? So judgy. Censor and redact all opposing views! Funny, considering all the alt types here preaching not to judge them. Where's your tolerance and inclucivity? I get judged all the time. Guess it don't go both ways. I have been ostracized here repeatedly because i like keeping ALL hacks and functionality. I run them all. Every OS,every homebrew. Everything. And i know my stuff. Get a comparable solution on Atmo and I'm all in. I get treated like a shill and a bastard for doing my thing and explaining all options. I like my USB loading. People pretend like it isn't a viable and cool option. Divisiveness and prejudice FTW! Some safe space. AS for "Easy of use" nothing changes. Same setup as yours until i click a hot key and load SX. I don't see an issue. It works and i think it's fun. Every time i post about this i get censored and warned. Its not fair. It's like im at a drag show in florida. No kindness. No "cool,glad you like it, heres my setup" just "be like me,be like me." You are cool Linuxares. Please be fair and open to others opinions. And please don't pretend your way is the only way. I usually get people messaging me saying they agree and are afraid to speak up. That doesn't foster free thinking and complete information. Let's present all the options and keep the opinions as a side note. Please?

Also its all piracy OSes. Atmo too.
They can stop sigpatches but they dont. And all of you except maybe 1 are running sigpatches. All pirates. Plus TOTK doesn't work in SX so thats moot.

I feel bullied and kicked.

Last edited by mikefor20,
  • Haha
Reactions: impeeza

Purple_Shyguy

Trophies
XP
Country
Lol "piracy OS" as of Atmosphere isn't a piracy OS

Reactions: mikefor20

GothicIII

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Migrated from SXOS to Atmosphere Emunand without reinstalling anything. Kept Sysnand OFW in case of online play. Sysnand/Emunand are both on 16.0 without any issues.
Occasionally I update sysnand the legacy way - This requires a JIG afterwards once to boot a payload and setup AutoRCM. Sysnand is not banned and I have the switch since day 1.

mikefor20

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No, is not. you can convert it into it but vanilla Atmosphere will not let you run pirated content.
Bullshit. You run syspatches. You all do. Its only reason it's not bundled is so they won't be sued. IF it wasnt meant for piracy it would take more than a drag-n-drop to enable it. They aren't stopping anyone and they know damn well what everyone does. That's like the firearms companies denying the true use of an assault rifle. It's not for hunting deer. Nobody believes that. Or maybe like the soda companies pretending that soda can be part of a healthy diet. 100% bullshit. Vanilla atmo users don't exist. And the ones that say that are liars. I don't need "i run vanilla" posts. Its all bullshit. I bet siresM has at least 1 system with sigpatches.

impeeza

¡Kabito!
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
Bullshit. You run syspatches. You all do. Its only reason it's not bundled is so they won't be sued. IF it wasnt meant for piracy it would take more than a drag-n-drop to enable it. They aren't stopping anyone and they know damn well what everyone does. That's like the firearms companies denying the true use of an assault rifle. It's not for hunting deer. Nobody believes that. Or maybe like the soda companies pretending that soda can be part of a healthy diet. 100% bullshit. Vanilla atmo users don't exist. And the ones that say that are liars. I don't need "i run vanilla" posts. Its all bullshit. I bet siresM has at least 1 system with sigpatches.
exactly, Vanilla Atmosphère do not allow you run unauthorized software.

As you corretly stated, YOU NEED TO PUT SIGPATCHES in order to run unauthorized software.

If you find a way to patch original SYSNAND you will be able to run unauthorized software directly on HOW (OFW)

but, this thread is about someone asking on a new thread something already answered on two other threads and a tutorial.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://twitter.com/TakiUdon_/status/1784139240328310955?cxt=HBwW1sLVmfbLxMIxAAAA&cn=ZmxleGlibGVf...