End of the DS Life Cycle

impizkit

Lazy Lurker
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Is anyone else sad that the DS life cycle is winding down? Sure I am happy and excited for the 3DS, but with so many good memories on the DS, I almost shed a tear. And with the 3DS, we will have to wait a good while for the scene to be in full force. What are your thoughts?

Snailface

My frothing demand for 3ds homebrew is increasing
Trophies
Engine Room with Cyan, watching him learn.
XP
Not really.

One, I'm not trading it in so I'll still have it. Two, there's more good games for it than I could play in 5 lifetimes. Three, good memories last forever.
smile.gif

impizkit

Lazy Lurker
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I see where you are coming from and I have finished 30 or so games and have 150+ more to go, its just sad that Nintendo is moving on.

mysticwaterfall

Streamforce Supreme Commander
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I hate how these posts are always themed that once they stop releasing games for a system, you magically can't play it anymore. Heck, I still play some 2600 games. If you like the games, the system never dies.

impizkit

Lazy Lurker
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
mysticwaterfall said:
I hate how these posts are always themed that once they stop releasing games for a system, you magically can't play it anymore. Heck, I still play some 2600 games. If you like the games, the system never dies.
I dont think you understand the point. I wasnt saying the system will die, it wont. I still play LOZ and FF1 on my original NES. I was just stating that its depressing that the DS, as far as new releases, is coming to an end, not the system itself.

Rayder

Mostly lurking lately....
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'll say this much, the DS is the only system I've ever followed from the very beginning until the very end. To be honest, I'm kinda relieved its life is coming to an end. My interest in gaming in general has been waning for the last year or two. I'm too retro for my own good. Games have drifted far from what I like. The kind of games I like don't sell anymore, so they don't make many of them anymore. For me, it's becoming more of a chore to bother with it than it is fun.

Nujui

I need something to do.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've had the ds for awhile, and I've played many great games on it as well. I think it will go to the route of the ps2.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    DinohScene @ DinohScene: ahh nothing beats a coffee disaronno at work