Elder Scrolls MMO might be announcing in May

prowler

Sony
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Zimbabwe
An industry source that wishes to remain anonymous revealed the name of the new MMO to us, and confirmed that the game would take place a full millennium before The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim. [...] Elder Scrolls Online will have three playable factions, according to the tipster. Not much is known about the factions, except each is represented by one of three animals: A lion, a dragon, and a bird of prey (either a phoenix or an eagle, we aren’t sure).
http://www.tomsguide.com/us/ZeniMax-Bethesda-Elder-Scrolls-Online-MMO,news-14481.html#xtor=RSS-998

ns1.zenimax.com…

domains using this as nameserver…
elderscrollsmmo.com
elderscrollsmmo.net
elderscrollsmmog.com
elderscrollsmmog.net
elderscrollsonline.com
elderscrollsonline.net
theelderscrollsmmo.com
theelderscrollsmmo.net
theelderscrollsmmog.com
theelderscrollsmmog.net
theelderscrollsonline.net
http://www.robtex.com/dns/ns1.zenimax.com.html#shared
http://supererogatory.tumblr.com/post/163418949/ns1-zenimax-com-domains-using-this-as

Court case from 2010 revealing MMO from Beth

Via

Depravo

KALSARIKÄNNIT
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
An Elder Scrolls MMORPG would make me be sick into my hat. Bethesda were the only remaining games company catering to bitter misanthropes such as myself.

EDIT: I don't even own a fucking hat.

Reactions: 3 people

ferofax

End of the World
Trophies
Website
nonwhatso.blogspot.com
XP
Country
Those sounds suspiciously like Game of Thrones (or A Song of Fire & Ice) family banners.

anyways, i haven't delved too deep into Elder Scrolls lore, but I figured that it's most likely Imperials are one of the three factions. Tamriel is too damn huge to even take a stab at the other factions.

It'd be interesting though if they made Daedra a dominant, playable faction.

Hells Malice

Are you a bully?
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Games like Skyrim would really benefit from multiplayer. They get incredibly boring very quickly. Adding higher depth to combat character building and a better variety of gear, and allowing you go go toe to toe against someone would be pretty cool.

Assuming they keep the combat the same. They can keep their shitty MMO if it doesn't actually play like an Elder Scrolls game.

Jamstruth

Secondary Feline Anthropomorph
Trophies
XP
Country
Been saying to my clatmates that Skyrim needs multiplayer for more post game fun.
If it uses the same engine as TOR its not gonna be Elder Scrolls though. Its going to have the same WoW play style that is very boring to me.

Qtis

Grey Knight Inquisitor
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Gimme Fallout MMO and I'd be happy! Elder Scrolls isn't bad, but personally haven't had time to fight through them :3

Mr.Mysterio

Trophies
XP
Country
Qatar
Those sounds suspiciously like Game of Thrones (or A Song of Fire & Ice) family banners.
So, the Lannisters, Targaryens or Arryns? Lame!

But on topic, an Elder Scrolls MMO would be awesome. Heck, even just co-op in the next ES would be pretty damn amazing!

Sora de Eclaune

All our splendor...
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
But on topic, an Elder Scrolls MMO would be awesome.
Why?

There would be more people on here complaining about being FUS RO DAH'd by a 100% invisible player than there would be people complaining there aren't enough players to FUS RO DAH while hiding under 100% invisibility.

Reactions: 1 person

Gahars

Bakayaro Banzai
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm sure the MMO would be fine and all, but can you just make another single player focused game instead? Aren't there enough MMOs on the market anyway?

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Terrible Idea.

Well, the big problem with conceptualizing games about MMOs is that the concept is awesome, but the execution is not.

Elder Scrolls MMO - in concept:

A vast, open world full of quests to do, monsters to kill, and skills to train. But now, instead of the dull NPCs and lifeless terrain, there's now a large, interactive userbase to play with. You can go on quests, pursue trade, or even raid one of their bandit camps for loot. Fight Dragons and creatures from Oblivion with teamwork, master different classes with friends for a multifaceted approach. The world is your oyster!

Elder Scrolls MMO - in practice:

You're doing a quest but some guy whose incredibly overleveled just kills you half way through for your loot. Every. Fucking. Time.

Reactions: 3 people

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Welp