Elden Ring reviews are out, critical reception ranks it at the highest-rated game of all time on OpenCritic

header.jpg

Those struggling to wait for Elden Ring's release are going to be dealing with even more hype, as the review embargo for Elden Ring has lifted, revealing what critics with early copies of the game think of FromSoft's latest game. We're not even three months into the year, and we might already have a GOTY on our hands, as Elden Ring's reviews are outstandingly, overwhelmingly high right out of the gate. With just less than 100 individual reviews, the game is sitting at an average score of 97--higher than The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild, higher than The Last of Us, Persona 5, Metal Gear Solid V, and other titles that tend to sit atop "best game of all time lists".

In fact, Elden Ring is now the highest-scored game of all time critically, tied with 2017's Super Mario Odyssey. This is at least going by OpenCritic's more modern standards of review aggregation--over at Metacritic, The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time still confidently reigns supreme with its 99/100. Regardless, the results are in, and it appears Elden Ring might be one of the greatest games out in the past few years. Are you even more excited to try it, or are you going to wait to see what the fan consensus is after launch?

Elden Ring will be out on February 25th, for PC, Xbox Series, Xbox One, PlayStation 5, and PlayStation 4.

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
I will say that I don't like how they handled coop. I'm not good enough to beat the big baddies by myself. So, having to use an item before I can summon someone is dumb.
Well, it is a lot more accessible than previous Soulsborne games, because you can craft that item from Tarnished Sunflowers. They're everywhere and they're pretty hard to miss. I ended up with like 20 finger remedy without even trying to look for them.

Reactions: Kioku

sley

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Played the game today and this feels like playing BotW for the first time but with actual dungeons. What a game, will be hard to go back to the older souls parts after this. My only criticism for now is how this basically looks like Bloodborne in 60 fps instead of the beauty that was Demon Souls.

Reactions: Kioku

subcon959

@!#?@!
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I "tried" the PC version today and can now see what all the fuss was about. Obviously it will get fixed but the PS5 release was miles better at launch.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Normal sandwich bread is actually pretty good for sausage depends on length of course