Misc Edup Wireless USB Adapter

aaaadddd

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Does anyone know where to find the correct driver for this device? When inserting it into the computer WINXP automatically pops up the Hardware update window, saying to install the driver for device name "USB Device" but when i tell it to search the CD that came with it, it can't seem to find the driver. I already tried installing the sofeware on the CD which is "Atheros" but still can't detect the device. Sum1 pls help me!

wupanda

Trophies
XP
Country
im also having the same problem trying to get this to work? has anyone else here bought one and gotten it to work with their ds?

aaaadddd

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well i finally got the drivers to install, turns out the supplied CD's driver's were wrong. If your looking for the driver search for this: I-O DATA WN-B11/USBS2 Wireless LAN Adapter.
Anywayz it can now function as a wireless usb adapter, but i can't seem to connect my NDS to it. Anyone know how to setup the USB adapter as a Access Point, i tried setting it up a ad-hoc network but the NDS can't connect to it, the NDS can see the network but when it tests the network it cames up with an error saying it can find the access point.

miroufle

Trophies
XP
Country
France
I have the same problem, I bought it on eBay, but I don't find the correct driver to connect to my PC (Windows XP). So I can't connect my NDS and play with others players....
If someone have the answer to this problem.

Thanks

sack__

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi, yeah i got the exact same dongle from ebay as well. NFI how to use it. i wish i spoke japanese, cause it looks like it shows u how to set the bloody thing up. and im struggling trying to figure out wtf to do, going by pictures alone.

lemme know if anyone figures it out, and ill post the solution here too, if i somehow manage to figure it out.

sack__

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Have you tried contacting the seller of it?

Yeah i brought it off ebay and have been sending emails to the seller pretty recently.... their English isnt all that good, but they sent me some instructions on how to configure the EDUP thingo for the PSP, but thats all they knew how to do.. still nothing on how to set up the DS, but im working on it.

I managed to set it up so my DS can see the wireless network, but it fails to connect when it tests it.

Im thinking i should just cut my losses and fork out some money for a proper wireless card... not a cheapo shitty ebay one....

goddammit.
hate2.gif

Lysergyde

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
The NDS can't connect to an ad-hoc network, but a psp. So unless you are using a linux OS then the EDUP is useless for a NDS. I think its better just to buy a better usb adapter or a wireless router. Here's one that actually works if any one is interested:

http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.3345

I'm assuming you purchased one of these aaaadddd? And it actually worked.

I bought one of these EDUP adapters and I'm having the same trouble as everyone else.

I'd like to make sure the product works before I fork out more money.

mndogydude

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well i finally got the drivers to install, turns out the supplied CD's driver's were wrong. If your looking for the driver search for this: I-O DATA WN-B11/USBS2 Wireless LAN Adapter.
Anywayz it can now function as a wireless usb adapter, but i can't seem to connect my NDS to it. Anyone know how to setup the USB adapter as a Access Point, i tried setting it up a ad-hoc network but the NDS can't connect to it, the NDS can see the network but when it tests the network it cames up with an error saying it can find the access point.

Where am I supposed to search this. Google or something?

kirbymania

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i got the dirver to install, there are 2 drivers under "xp" on the install disk. use one and it make it say it is a edup link airport 802.11b wireless usb adapter , the other driver makes it say it is an edup link wn-b11/usbsl wireless lan adapter i have tried it with both and the little icon shows up in the bottom for a wireless network connection but it says it is dissconnected and i cant make connect or anything

mbouacha

Trophies
XP
Country
Hi everyone! i was reading kirbymania post and it's the same for me! Pleeeeaaaase hhhhheeeeeeeeelllpppp!!!!! I'm getting mad!
wacko.gif

Sokonomi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Does anyone have VISTA drivers/utility for this lil stinker?
I need to run an accesspoint off of this thing, but the utility program to set it up keeps bogging out.
wtf.gif

justin15cent

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have the same problem. I install the driver for wireless usb adapter successfully, but i can detect the access point on my psp. will somebody help????

Miki_Runi

Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
Look people,
I had the same problem with that E-bay USB drive... and got with it drivers for (EDUP)Atheros set...
after that I find out on NET all the drivers from Atheros for Wireless and try it didn't work... later I try drivers from 4-5 other firms...
on the end on 3rd day of my search... I find driver which work on my USB !!!

ZyDAS_ZD1211B_IEEE_802.11_b_g_Wireless_LAN_USB.zip

so, I find out that my USB is ZyDAS, with chip ZD1211B

that driver you can find on driverguide.com
registration is FREE and you can find it easy...

if some of you can't find it, I can send you by MAIL:
[email protected]

Good Luck !

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Well maybe lol