ROM Hack Question Editing ELF files

Kodi

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Sorry if im a bit of a noob, but I just wanted to ask how i could edit elf files that i have gotten from nx2elf. I want to see what sort of modifications i can make in Splatoon.

jakibaki

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Sorry if im a bit of a noob, but I just wanted to ask how i could edit elf files that i have gotten from nx2elf. I want to see what sort of modifications i can make in Splatoon.
Elf is just an binary-format. To 'edit' that you'll need some software which is capable of disassembling that binary.

Popular choices for that are: IDA, radare2, hopper disassembler and binary ninja.
Though judging by your post you're still very inexperienced with this stuff so you're unfortunately unlikely to achieve whatever you're trying to change unless it's something really simple.

If you don't plan on modding the executable of the game but rather the resources (images, sounds, maps etc.) then you want to mod the romfs, not the exefs.

Kodi

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Elf is just an binary-format. To 'edit' that you'll need some software which is capable of disassembling that binary.

Popular choices for that are: IDA, radare2, hopper disassembler and binary ninja.
Though judging by your post you're still very inexperienced with this stuff so you're unfortunately unlikely to achieve whatever you're trying to change unless it's something really simple.

If you don't plan on modding the executable of the game but rather the resources (images, sounds, maps etc.) then you want to mod the romfs, not the exefs.

Yeah i have used IDA before, but im not sure how to edit stuff like infinite ink for example using ida.

jakibaki

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Yeah i have used IDA before, but im not sure how to edit stuff like infinite ink for example using ida.
I'm not certain how you'd do that in ida (since I personally very much prefer r2 :) ). However if you find some kind of 'assemble' function in ida you can most likely use that to enter the instruction what you want.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Mondooooo @ Mondooooo: *yall