Gaming EBA - Spinwheel

inovermyheadd

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Question: I've been playing some heavy EBA and just recently read about the spinning wheel and how it damages screens. haha, after reading this I have been way careful, and as a result, suck at the spinwheel now.

Do you think a screen protector is sufficent protection from the notorious EBA spinwheel?

I have had a protector on my screen since day one (paranoia caused by heavy PDA use) so is it enough??????

Just wondering.

Thanks guys,

Don

BoneMonkey

The cheese stash is a lie.
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
everytime i play with my nds i get lots of scratchs and everything on the screen but use a offical nintendo cleaner and it goes away

are these the scratchs your talkign about i beat eba and i got no scratchs

2cb2ct7

Trophies
XP
Country
EBA is just asking for a shorter screen life
biggrin.gif

OrR

Rice-megatron Expert
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I just bought a new touchscreen digitizer because I can't do the difficult spinwheels on my old one anymore...
biggrin.gif
I'll get screen protectors, no idea if they help. I didn't use any until now.

Sigma83

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
It definitely did result in some scratches on my screen, but tis really only noticeable if you shut the DS off and thelight reflects perfectly off the screen.

dice

pansy-ass ex-staff member
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Actually I'll mention this for the UK people, I believe that if you buy your DS from Argos, and get 3 years insurance on it (around £15) then if it breaks within that time period you can get it replaced for nothing (or they give you the value of the item in cash). Once you get your new DS you can add insurance onto it again, meaning that each time you break the DS you only have to pay £15 each time for a new one
wink.gif

Kurai

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
:'( Ive got a circle scartch on mine. lets just say i got abit carried away on the lsat level. my fault really not the games, I just get to enthusastic with it. lol

tama_mog

Kupo
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Got plenty of scratches from eba and ouendan. That's why the first thing I put on all my portable systems with a lcd is a screen protector, in this case hori and it's worked out perfectly. I don't buy the whole shortening of the screen life from playing these games, the system is built to take the abuse and unless you want to see your DS lites perfect 10 years down the road, it really makes no difference.

crazyshiza

Trophies
XP
Country
I messed up my screen by pressing too hard on the spinwheels. If I pressed it hard it would compress and make the screen fuzy under. So I used the warrenty to exchange it, now I'm more careful
tongue.gif

KirbyPink

Trophies
XP
Country
wub.gif
EBA _<

First it´s Spin then click on screen spin click on screen spin then quick as hell do a drag that goes fast click click GAH!!!!!!

HEAAAAALLLPPP!!! 8D

Yeah, my touchscreen been taking some HEAVY damage from Eba but it works fine! And trust me, ive given it quite a touchy beating with my stylus.

science

science rules
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I haven't played EBA, but from Ouendan if I would do the spinwheels too hard, I would hear this ugly noise from stylus on touchscreen, and the pixels whould get all weired like if you were to push on a laptop screen

JimmyJangles

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I didn't use a screen protector for a really long time and never scratched the screen when playing EBA or Ouendan. But then I got some Hori screen protectors just for some added insurance, and managed to put a big circle scratch on it first time I played EBA
huh.gif
I guess the protectors technically did their job since it's better that they get scratched instead of the actual screen, but I figured they'd be a little more scratch resistant than that.

KirbyPink

Trophies
XP
Country
unsure.gif
Well, Eba is a very repsonsive game, even tough as i said before, ive given the touchscreen such a beating, it still plays fine.
laugh.gif
I´m using a ds screen protector for my lite. Can be that as well.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: That counts as a software update :tpi: