Maz7006

iSEXu
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Recently i got a copy of Street Fighter IV for the PC< so i popped it in, and ran the installation. I usually go grab like a drink come back after 10 minutes and it should have been installed. However when i came back, i saw that the installation progress was way less than about 1/3 done.

i was like
wtf.gif

i mean i remember installing GTA IV, when i was at my PC, it literally took less than 12 mins to install.

anyway i thought that i had a defective disc or somat, so i pooped in F.E.A.R 2 which i've yet to play, and ran the installation. Yep, the installation was slow. So then i tried to install a game which i new it installed fast in the past (Fallout 3). Yet again the installation was realllly slow, i literally waited out 20 mins and the installation didn't complete

mad.gif

so, like is there something wrong.

things i've already done:

1. System Restore, didn't help, still slow installs.

2. Turned off my PC, ripped out the power cables to my DVD drive, re-inserted them, didn't work, still slow.

[just a small note, when i ran the above installations, i noticed that the installation was literally eating up my CPU completely, yeah i know its something usual that happens, but the installation was eating up so much of my cpu (core 2 duo 2.4GHZ E6550) that the mouse was laggy, like a 2 sec response time, when ever i take out the disc its fine]

Maz7006

iSEXu
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
raulpica said:
Maybe in this frame of time you put a horribly scratched or really badly burned disc in it which ruined the lens?
unsure.gif

I do remember putting in a Dual layer DVD that was filled with some anime. The disc wouldn't load properly, like it would lag horribly when i would try to browse the files....could;d have it been that
unsure.gif

QUOTE(Golfman560 @ Jul 19 2009, 11:05 PM) Well if the CPU usage is high then installation would be slow because it can't process data fast enough. Run a virus scan.

Will do.

basically what i really want to know is that should i got out and just buy i new drive
unsure.gif

mad.gif
i'm so annoyed.
frown.gif

thanks for the help guys.

Maz7006

iSEXu
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
logical thinker said:
This one is shorter: http://winhlp.com/node/10
You are welcome.

THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I owe you so much....its working again......YESSSSS!!!!!!!

Tried the above installs that were slow....they're great now...thanks dude, im so happy
biggrin.gif
You made my day
biggrin.gif

GBAtemp + logical thinker FTW !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
laugh.gif

QUOTEThe most frequent use why a CD or DVD port falls back to PIO mode is a scratched or otherwise unreadable CD or DVD.

that's what happened, like i said in a previous post i put in this DVD, just wouldn't read the files...and things were downhill from there, anyway things are good now *goes and destroys that DVD*

THIS THREAD CAN BE CLOSED

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: https://youtu.be/5eLWoy0fFkc?si=1vvQ_2zAUlF1ThoD