Hacking Dumping DS Roms/Saves using Slot 2 Supercard mini SD

gtaking112

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi, I am trying to dump my DS games and saves using a slot 2 flashcard. I am already able to do this with my slot 1 card over wifi but I don't like having a open WEP connection just for this. I read on a forum that you can use wood dumper slot 2 but how do I load this on the Supercard? It's an nds file but the Supercard is a GBA flashcart. The nds file doesn't show up on the Supercards menu because it's not a gba file.I know some people have had success with EZ Flash 3in1 but is there anyone out there who has gotten it to work with the Supercard? Any help would be very much appreciated, thank you.

Technicmaster0

Trophies
Website
www.flashkarten.tk
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Hi, I am trying to dump my DS games and saves using a slot 2 flashcard. I am already able to do this with my slot 1 card over wifi but I don't like having a open WEP connection just for this. I read on a forum that you can use wood dumper slot 2 but how do I load this on the Supercard? It's an nds file but the Supercard is a GBA flashcart. The nds file doesn't show up on the Supercards menu because it's not a gba file.I know some people have had success with EZ Flash 3in1 but is there anyone out there who has gotten it to work with the Supercard? Any help would be very much appreciated, thank you.
Do you know which extension the card needs for homebrew? Just rename the file from Game.nds to Game.sc.nds or Game.bin or Game.nds.gba or something like that.

Apache Thunder

I have cameras in your head!
Trophies
Website
www.mariopc.co.nr
XP
Country
United States
You need to boot your slot-2 device in NDS mode since GBA mode does not have access to any of the DS related hardware like slot-1.

In DS mode, homebrew typically use NDS file extension. gba file extension is used for GBA homebrew executed in GBA mode.

The better option is to simply boot from your slot-1 card and run the slot-2 version of the dumper homebrew of your choice from the slot 1 flashcart. It does not need to be executed from the Supercard device in slot-2 for it to see it. You could still keep your dumper homebrew file on the storage of your slot-2 if your slot-1 cart's OS has the ability to browse and launch files from it. (my R4 with WoodR4 firmware for example supports this)

You "might" need to manually DLDI patch it to use the Supercard in Slot-2, But as I recall the slot-2 dumpers out there that I've used shouldn't need this and should automatically recognize what ever you got on slot 2. I used to have the Max Media Dock and I do recall DLDI patching the slot-2 dumper specifically for that device. But the more mainstream EZ 3in1 and maybe the supercard may have built-in support. Especially if it's the Wood R4 dumper. :P

Boot your slot-2 dumper from slot-1 cart. When it is ready to dump a game, remove slot-1 cart and replace it with the game you are dumping. The slot-2 dumpers I am used to using run from internal ram once loaded, so it's safe to remove the slot-1 cartridge they were booted from as long as you do it at the correct time as indicated by the menu prompts in the dumper you are using. ;)

If your dumper supports soft resetting back to your flashcart menu, be sure to reinsert your flashcart before doing so. ;)

Reactions: gtaking112

gtaking112

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
You need to boot your slot-2 device in NDS mode since GBA mode does not have access to any of the DS related hardware like slot-1.

In DS mode, homebrew typically use NDS file extension. gba file extension is used for GBA homebrew executed in GBA mode.

The better option is to simply boot from your slot-1 card and run the slot-2 version of the dumper homebrew of your choice from the slot 1 flashcart. It does not need to be executed from the Supercard device in slot-2 for it to see it. You could still keep your dumper homebrew file on the storage of your slot-2 if your slot-1 cart's OS has the ability to browse and launch files from it. (my R4 with WoodR4 firmware for example supports this)

You "might" need to manually DLDI patch it to use the Supercard in Slot-2, But as I recall the slot-2 dumpers out there that I've used shouldn't need this and should automatically recognize what ever you got on slot 2. I used to have the Max Media Dock and I do recall DLDI patching the slot-2 dumper specifically for that device. But the more mainstream EZ 3in1 and maybe the supercard may have built-in support. Especially if it's the Wood R4 dumper. :P

Boot your slot-2 dumper from slot-1 cart. When it is ready to dump a game, remove slot-1 cart and replace it with the game you are dumping. The slot-2 dumpers I am used to using run from internal ram once loaded, so it's safe to remove the slot-1 cartridge they were booted from as long as you do it at the correct time as indicated by the menu prompts in the dumper you are using. ;)

If your dumper supports soft resetting back to your flashcart menu, be sure to reinsert your flashcart before doing so. ;)

Hi, thank you so much for the reply :lol:

I also have an R4 and I was wondering how exactly you execute homebrew stored on the slot 2 card?

I have tried several programs with no luck, The closest I have gotten was using NDS SAVES to SLOT-2 V1.0 which runs but freezes when I try to dump my Pokemon White save. (I can successfully dump my White cart using rudolph's wifi backup tool) I also tried the 3 in 1 but that doesn't work on supercard :( Do I need to DLDI patch anything for my slot 1 or 2 cards? (I don't really know what DLDI patching is) I would really appreciate further help, thank you so much!

Apache Thunder

I have cameras in your head!
Trophies
Website
www.mariopc.co.nr
XP
Country
United States
You might need DS Savegame manager for Pokemon White as the gen 5 pokemon games aren't compatible with the older dumper tools. You should also try the WoodR4 slot-2 dumper if Wifi is impossible for you. I think that one should work for you. (it shouldn't matter where you launch it from)

If you have WoodR4 firmware (not to be confused with the WoodR4 dumper which is a separate app) on your R4, you can boot it up (by simply turning on your DS with the R4 inserted), then hit B a few times (assuming it leaves you at the last game you launched) Then you should see a menu showing 3 paths. one is "microSD Card", the second being "Slot2 Card" and last being "Favorites".

You should be able to navigate to the homebrew stored on your slot-2 by just going to "Slot2 Card" instead of MicroSD card.

I haven't tried using WoodR4 dumper on Pokemon Black/White as I don't own them (yet). But I'm pretty sure the older save/rom dumpers don't work with the save type used by the 5th gen pokemon games. As I said, you don't need to launch your slot-2 dumper from slot2. Why not just put it on the SD card on your R4?

As for DLDI patching, it's been so long since I had to do that, that I can't help you much beyond saying to google it. DLDI patchers should still be out there. Once you have one have it patch your NDS file (the slot-2 dumper app of your choice) using the DLDI driver for your Supercard slot-2. Not much else I can say beyond that. R4's WoodR4 was meant for EZFlash 3in1. Not sure if it works with Supercard slot2 though.

Whats the model of your supercard in slot-2? It might be a GBA only flashcart....

EDIT: Ok now I'm confused. You also tried 3in1 which means you have that too? So is your supercard in slot-1 or slot-2? What exactly is your other slot-2 flashcart? The WoodR4 firmware's slot2 browser was designed for 3in1 and what ever else you have might not work with that. As for Supercard. If it's a slot-1 flashcart, then it should work in the same way as the R4, except that it doesn't have built-in slot2 browsing. In that case just launch your dumper from the supercard in slot-1.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: idk how hot of a take this is, but science as a subject sucks