Gaming DuckTales Remastered comng August 13th (15th in Europe)

blaisedinsd

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think I can get this cheaper on PS3 with my playstation plus subscription.....but....it has off TV play right? I may still get this on Wii U.

EzekielRage

Hero of the Void
OP
Trophies
Website
www.void-comics.com
XP
Country
Australia
It has off Tv play and thats my main gripe with it frankly - other than off tv play and the occasional map you really dont need the gamepad has no features whatsoever. would it really have been so hard to display the inventory next to the map bith the skip cutscenes button? really? because fuck you for maing me go to the damn menu on my tv every dingle time because the gamepad ALWAYS shows the gameplay (except i switch it to the map)

i really like the game but they should have used the gamepad better. its obvious there went no work into the features of the thing. also the controls are NOT the way they were. in the NES game, you had to press A+B plus down to pogo. now you have to jump first, then press B and down (or just if you switch it in the options) instead of pressing both. i am so used to pressing both at the same time it cost me a lot of lives already...

EzekielRage

Hero of the Void
OP
Trophies
Website
www.void-comics.com
XP
Country
Australia
I'm just following scrooge mcduck's ways of cheapness

I doubt scrooge would do illegal things even if it is about money. tell me something, for my personal interest, do you smoke/drink/smoke pot?

back on topic:
so i played through most of the game on normal difficulty setting and laugh hard at all the "hardcore gaemerz" who cry that the game is too hard. grow the fuck up and play like a man, you know, the way we did in the 80ies when games were hard :P

the game is not easy but thats the point i suppose. i like it. it does have some awkward hit detection and the gamepad is underutilized as fuck but the game is solid and easily worth the 15 bucks for the presentation alone (not to mention that the NES version would cost 5 bucks on VC already)

ShadowSoldier

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I doubt scrooge would do illegal things even if it is about money. tell me something, for my personal interest, do you smoke/drink/smoke pot?

back on topic:
so i played through most of the game on normal difficulty setting and laugh hard at all the "hardcore gaemerz" who cry that the game is too hard. grow the fuck up and play like a man, you know, the way we did in the 80ies when games were hard :P

the game is not easy but thats the point i suppose. i like it. it does have some awkward hit detection and the gamepad is underutilized as fuck but the game is solid and easily worth the 15 bucks for the presentation alone (not to mention that the NES version would cost 5 bucks on VC already)

Why would they add features to the GamePad and not add something to the other consoles. If they added features, then it wouldn't be Ducktales, at all.

Anyways, I beat this game either yesterday or few days ago. First playthrough was on Hard. Some difficult spots but I got better at it and have no trouble at all now. I wonder if there's a harder playthrough after I buy everything.

One thing though, if you use the analog sticks, the left stick doesn't move right. And while a D-Pad is infinitely better, some people prefer sticks. Also when you go to the leader board and press R a few times, the game freezes the console.

EzekielRage

Hero of the Void
OP
Trophies
Website
www.void-comics.com
XP
Country
Australia
Witth adding gamepad features i was thinking about the lines of having the inventory, map and skip cutscenes buttons on the gamepad all the time instead of having to go to the main menu every single time. yes you can hae the map on the gamepad but why not also the inventory and skip cutscenes buttons?

McHaggis

Fackin' Troller
Trophies
XP
Country
I think it probably wasn't worth the £11.99 I paid for it, many indie games are longer, more replayable, have better graphics and cost less. The only thing extra is the unlockable concept art and the original voice actors, although I haven't watched Duck Tales for probably 20 years, so I probably wouldn't have noticed the difference if they'd used a different Scottish voice actor to play Scrooge. I remembered the original game much more fondly but I don't think a remaster is what it needed (a remake, maybe).

If the price was a little lower, I'd like to see the NES Chip N Dale game remastered for the 3DS, which shorter games seem more suited to, if you ask me.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/22tVWwmTie8?si=2CEDZldUW5ODozYh meh