Dual-screen handheld gaming PC AYANEO Flip DS "leaked"

aya flip.png

Handheld gaming device manufacturer AYANEO is further expanding its catalogue with creative options. After its first Android device, the Pocket Air, the company is making a Nintendo DS-like clamshell handheld PC with two screens, the AYANEO Flip DS. The news come from online outlet liliputing.com which shared the news and first images of the device that the company itself sent in an attempted planted leak. The company's CEO followed the announcement with a post of the images shared here on Weibo.

While details are limited, the report notes that the AYANEO Flip DS will feature a main 7" display with a 120 Hz refresh rate and an AMD Ryzen 7 7840U processor with Radeon 780M integrated graphics. In addition to serving as a virtual keyboard area, the second screen could actually be a use case for DS emulation, although AYANEO hasn't provided details about the second screen's potentials.

There will also be a AYANEO Flip KB model with the same design but with a physical keyboard instead of a second screen. A release date for these models hasn't been announced but AYANEO devices usually start with a crowdfunding campaign and we can expect one for the Flip models in the coming months/early next year.

aya flip 2.jpg

:arrow: SOURCE

DaniPoo

Trophies
XP
Country
It's cool they're trying things. I don't think it will work out though, as this is a step backwards for handheld PCs.

I don't think that they wan't you to think of this as a handheld PC, most likely they are targeting those who wan't a DS+3DS emulation machine that actually makes sense.

DS and 3DS is not ideal on most devices, I mean is works but it's kinda sucky due to the form factor.

fvig2001

Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
Wish they went for a bigger 2nd screen. I was thinking of getting a 3DS with a capture card and this came out. After testing with emulators and a real 3DS, I might just get a capture card.

AshuraZro

Belongs in a museum.
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
For the DS/3DS, just stick to using the actual consoles. The emulation scene for these systems aren't as great as the handhelds and the consoles prior to it. I personally don't know why either. The only reason to get this is for having a portable PC but at a similar form factor to the DS.
Ahhh but you're not thinking niche enough! A niche product deserves niche use cases. Cemu! Top screen is TV, bottom is gamepad. Let's get full silly if we're talking a dual screen PC handheld.

DragonMals

6th-7th Gen Retro Gaming Entusiast
Trophies
Country
United States
Ahhh but you're not thinking niche enough! A niche product deserves niche use cases. Cemu! Top screen is TV, bottom is gamepad. Let's get full silly if we're talking a dual screen PC handheld.

Cemu is the WiiU one? You're turning the WIiU into a glorified DS! Okay that sounds incredibly amazing. I would want this, along as it isn't giga price-y.

Reactions: 64bitmodels

64bitmodels

Professional Nintendo Hater
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If my 3DS gave out, i'd rather replace it with another 3DS. You can't beat natively playing your games, plus I love the 3D effect and see no indication that this will have that either. I mean this is cool for people that want this specifically, but this would never be my 3DS replacement
when theyre no longer in production?

diggeloid

Alex
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have never seen this before. What is it? Looks like it could have been interesting.
One of the earliest crowd funded hardware projects. They did it before it was cool, including the part where people went years without receiving their orders. They made/are making a new one called Pyra, but that seems to be in limbo too. They have a preorder button up for a device with the specs of an early Android phone lol

Although I'm sure this Ayaneo thing will actually ship some day

• Haha

trepp0

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
One of the earliest crowd funded hardware projects. They did it before it was cool, including the part where people went years without receiving their orders. They made/are making a new one called Pyra, but that seems to be in limbo too. They have a preorder button up for a device with the specs of an early Android phone lol

Although I'm sure this Ayaneo thing will actually ship some day
Yeah, im def gonna buy the aya neo i think

KingVamp

Haaah-hahahaha!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I agree, the bottom screen should have been bigger. Should have been as big as the keyboard. I get that it is targeted at the 3DS/DS crowd, but it can be used for more than one thing.

Also, I don't understand why they made the bottom screen borders so obvious.

MikaDubbz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
when theyre no longer in production?
Allow me to copy-paste my response to essentially the same question a page back:

Well, tell ya what, if this thing is the strongest alternative for the 3DS in another 2 or 3 decades when my 3DS finally dies entirely (don't see it happening even that soon honestly, my family's old NES from 87 still runs like a dream to this day), then yeah maybe I'll consider this thing. But I'd be shocked if at that point there aren't far better alternatives to consider instead.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Your dad still got laid