Hacking DSTWO+, running 3DS games on it for noobs

Byron45

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
First of all let me say that I'm rather inexperienced when it comes to hacking a 3DS, so please excuse me if I'm overlooking something obvious.

I have 3DS XL with firmeware ver. 6.3.0-12E. I usually do not go online with that device.

I have bought a DSTWO+ and I'm able to play DS, GBA and SNES games on it. But when it comes to 3DS games I seem to be missing something.

I have two *.3ds files in a folder called Games\3DS\ on my SD Card.

This is what I do: I start the GW-SIMULATOR and then the following appears on the lower screen

>> PLUGIN 3DS INSTALLER
>> PRESS (A) TO CONTINUE
>> PRESS (B) TO EXIT

I press (A)

>> SELECT CONSOLE TYPE

I chose CLASSIC 3DS

>> SELECT CONSOLE REGION

I chose EUR/USA/JAP/KOR

>> PROGRAMMING [**********]
>> VERIFYING [**********]
>> OK!
** DONE!
>> PRESS [A] TO EXIT

When I press A the system wants to powers down. Or I can go back to the main menue, start the DSTWO+ application again and repeat the whole process. But somehow I never seem to be able to reach those 3DS games.

Dust2dust

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Can't really help you, as I never used a DSTWO+, but I have to admit you are a very gutsy person, risking a brick like that. Good luck if you persist on this path!

BORTZ

DO NOT SCREENSHOT
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
All you are doing with the installer is installing the MSET exploit. To launch into emunand, you have to boot into the gateway menu buy opening settings, selecting profile, and select ds profile.

Ricken

Searching for the air to breathe~
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
WAAAAIT
THE LATEST VERSION OF THE GATEWAY LAUNCHER BRICKS USERS NOT USING A GATEWAY CART!!!!SHIFT11111!1!!!!

EDIT; Ok, excessive caps :P be back with the latest safe version
EDIT2; No wonder they had 3.4.1 as one of the 2 versions to download in plain sight :P
3.4.1 is the latest safe for DSTWO. Not sure if I can direct link (Flashcart kernals. I forgot if they're alright :P ) but its easy to notice in the downloads section of Gateways site

Last edited by Ricken,

Kayleea

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
First of all let me say that I'm rather inexperienced when it comes to hacking a 3DS, so please excuse me if I'm overlooking something obvious.

I have 3DS XL with firmeware ver. 6.3.0-12E. I usually do not go online with that device.

I have bought a DSTWO+ and I'm able to play DS, GBA and SNES games on it. But when it comes to 3DS games I seem to be missing something.

I have two *.3ds files in a folder called Games\3DS\ on my SD Card.

This is what I do: I start the GW-SIMULATOR and then the following appears on the lower screen

>> PLUGIN 3DS INSTALLER
>> PRESS (A) TO CONTINUE
>> PRESS (B) TO EXIT

I press (A)

>> SELECT CONSOLE TYPE

I chose CLASSIC 3DS

>> SELECT CONSOLE REGION

I chose EUR/USA/JAP/KOR

>> PROGRAMMING [**********]
>> VERIFYING [**********]
>> OK!
** DONE!
>> PRESS [A] TO EXIT

When I press A the system wants to powers down. Or I can go back to the main menue, start the DSTWO+ application again and repeat the whole process. But somehow I never seem to be able to reach those 3DS games.

It seemed that you were not operating in the correct way. As far as I know, for 3ds 6.3.0-12 you will need the browser exploit instead of the blabla setup you used.
You need to connect your console with WIFI, and then input go.gateway-3ds.com and then boot into the 3ds games.

Ricken

Searching for the air to breathe~
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It seemed that you were not operating in the correct way. As far as I know, for 3ds 6.3.0-12 you will need the browser exploit instead of the blabla setup you used.
You need to connect your console with WIFI, and then input go.gateway-3ds.com and then boot into the 3ds games.
MSET is a thing on 6.X

Byron45

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
All you are doing with the installer is installing the MSET exploit. To launch into emunand, you have to boot into the gateway menu buy opening settings, selecting profile, and select ds profile.

When I go Settings -> Profile -> Nintendo DS Profile all I can do is edit my message and colour.

Oh. That's rather inconvenient. Do I have to go online everytime I want to play a 3DS game?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: :ninja: