Hacking DSTWO PLUS will be released in October

Imparasite

Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Well, if there is no solution, they can't make it work magically. At the moment, there is no (known) kernel exploit on 9.3+, and due to NATIVE_FIRM using new encryption on N3DS since 9.6+, it is impossible to update emunand. But isn't that useless anyway, since there is firmware spoofing?
EDIT : And actually, Gateway does support N3DS up to 9.2... (or I don't understand what you're saying)

oops my bad its for N3DS firmware 9.3+ up to the latest firmware, well only time can tell, i just need to put my N3DS on the cabinet for the meantime :)

MrMandraque

Trophies
XP
Country
France
How the heck can you compare them when the DSTWO Plus hasnt even been released lol?
Because some functionality are part of EOS like real time save for NDS; for other functionality I referenced the official site and future dealer.I hope to update the table regularly.
For the unknow feature I put N/A...
So I'll put my references in the web page, it's better.

MidLevelCrisis

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Pretty cool it turned out to be legit, and even better it is launching soon, and did't announce itself before beeing finished.

But as I am in posession of a DS, a DSTWO, Sky3DS, N3ds 9.2< and a N3ds> there is no reason to get this exept for maybe better SNES emulation.

Seems like a pretty awesome all in one solution for most casual users though, making the 3DS a very backwards compatible handheld, it should also be able to emulate GBC and GB like the original I guess, so its actually 6 in one. Curious if the extra ram and cpu open up any new unforseen doorways on 3DS.

I'm afraid it'll turn out to be a tad too expensive though compared to sky and gateway.

migles

All my gbatemp friends are now mods, except for me
Trophies
XP
Country
China

MrMandraque

Trophies
XP
Country
France
thats dumb... in case you didnt know the new dstwo+ is a dstwo with improvements, anything that the dstwo had, the new one will have...
and you can add to your list that the DS part will work on any firmware on any console... just like the first one...
and for those who do not know the first DSTwo, for noobs ?!
This is not only for me as I did this, I don't care, I had Many Original R4 (the first one, not the clones or fakes), many DSTwos and CycloDS.
I Know how it work, I know how to use...
There are still things to which we do not knows as the processor type if you need a exploit to make it work, if it will be compatible with a potential "new" new3DS etc ...
Sharing information is so stupid as that?

Who could have predicted that a 3DS came out afterwards and the DSTwo would be compatible?
This was not the case with the CYCLODS iEvolution ...

Inukami

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So does it say anywhere when in October this is coming out? Or when will we get more information about it? Seems interesting and depending on what role Gateway plays in this i might buy one. If it's just a clone maybe not though(need more info!).

D

Deleted User

Is anyone else getting the vibe that 3ds roms will work on any 3ds version(10.1) ?

Im not sure if im over thinking this description or not.

MDc9G6G.png

Reactions: MrMandraque

RikuKawai

Femboy Enjoyer
Trophies
Website
thisis.moe
XP
Country
Canada
Is anyone else getting the vibe that 3ds roms will work on any 3ds version(10.1) ?

Im not sure if im over thinking this description or not.

MDc9G6G.png
3Dbrew does say "Full system control exploits are only public for system versions up to and including 9.2.0.".
Implying a private kernel exploit does exist for 9.3+
If even Nintendo is unaware of it, it probably would still work in 10.1

Reactions: Deleted User

kiwiis

キウィイス
Trophies
XP
Country
I think they have a 10.1 kernel exploit and they're waiting to see if Nintendo releases any more updates before they release it.

Seems unlikely they're offering anything innovative since for all we know this is just a DSTWO with better specs and a Gateway clone on top. If they had anything new to bring to the table, I don't think they would be copying someone else's work..

RikuKawai

Femboy Enjoyer
Trophies
Website
thisis.moe
XP
Country
Canada
Seems unlikely they're offering anything innovative since for all we know this is just a DSTWO with better specs and a Gateway clone on top. If they had anything new to bring to the table, I don't think they would be copying someone else's work..
If they weren't partnered with Gateway, they wouldn't mention their brand.

kiwiis

キウィイス
Trophies
XP
Country
If they weren't partnered with Gateway, they wouldn't mention their brand.

I want to believe they're offering something new since I'm interested in this flashcart as well, but it's best not to get your hopes up imo. What would Gateway be getting out of a partnership except potentially lost sales?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    it's kinda fun watching it happen tho
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It needs fixing for other things but your pc I can fix
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    over 300+ virus/trojians/worms after scanning, what did I do to deserve this attention lol
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    tho I find it funny when i receive other people's pc/laptops in this state
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    i wont be upgrading unless I cant run the games i want anymore
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Spill water on it good excuse
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    @K3Nv2 that's like a valid option if someone else is paying for ya
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Daddy's wallet
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Ngl hogwarts legacy has good pooping music
  • OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20:
    That's uh-
    That's certainly a Dairy Queen sign lmao
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    You should see his help wanted signs
    Ugh, so many sweat-dipwads in Sploon 3 Anarchy mode tonight
    I didn't know this was "Make Octo never finish Fresh Season 2024 Catalog in Splatoon 3" month, good god
  • Veho @ Veho:
    What's the point of "confirming" games you know will get released. Like Nintendo "confirming" a Zelda sequel. "We can't be sure Nintendo is working on a new Zelda game, or if a new Zelda game will ever be released, until they officially confirm it."
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    "There is literally no way to know if they will ever release a new Zelda game, it's wild speculation until they officially confirm it."
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Black ops was the lesser shitter line in cock a poopoo tbf just a way to let people know it hasn't died or going a different route I guess
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    $70 DLC per 6 months is what it turned into
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    She saw the sign and it opened up her mind lol
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    All that she wants, is another storefront.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    The homeless live in the compactors at Walmart
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: The homeless live in the compactors at Walmart