Hacking DSTWO not working on New 3DS?

Neovaen

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey guys. I have a DSTWO that I've been using for a while. Just updated the eos and firmware and stuff. My old 3ds and my ds lite both recognize the cart, and everything works fine.

But it doesn't work on my New 3DS. I hacked it with luma a long time ago(I got freeshop and stuff working on it) and I'm pretty sure it's on the latest firmware (Ver 11.6.0-39U)

Now the DSTWO icon appears on my home menu, but when I try to open it I just get a black screen. Works perfectly on my O3DS on 4.something firmware

Does it not work on the newest update of New 3DSs? If anybody could shed some light it would be greatly appreciated!

DeadSkullzJr

Developer
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey guys. I have a DSTWO that I've been using for a while. Just updated the eos and firmware and stuff. My old 3ds and my ds lite both recognize the cart, and everything works fine.

But it doesn't work on my New 3DS. I hacked it with luma a long time ago(I got freeshop and stuff working on it) and I'm pretty sure it's on the latest firmware (Ver 11.6.0-39U)

Now the DSTWO icon appears on my home menu, but when I try to open it I just get a black screen. Works perfectly on my O3DS on 4.something firmware

Does it not work on the newest update of New 3DSs? If anybody could shed some light it would be greatly appreciated!
Well that doesn't seem right at all, as you stated you have luma installed, which means you have custom firmware, I am assuming with boot9strap. If you have custom firmware (boot9strap) then you should be able to play the DSTWO on the new 3DS. The reason you should be able to is the fact that you have custom firmware which enables you to play any flashcart without having to update the flashcart firmware. Now I personally use a DSTWO+ and that works on my new 3DS just fine since I have custom firmware as well. I recommend you to check the CFW you are using, you shouldn't be using A9LH anymore if you use that.

wormdood

pirate booty inspector
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Troubleshooting - 3DS Guide you want the first section ;)

OrGoN3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You may have messed it up trying to update the internal firmware of the flashcart :(.
No sir. It went from working to sitting in my drawer for X years to not working. In fact I figured out it didn't work when I was about to attempt to update the internal firmware, but my N3DSXL (Luma) and DSLite wouldn't recognize the DSTwo. So I never actually got to that part, lol. Does it have an internal battery?

DeadSkullzJr

Developer
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No sir. It went from working to sitting in my drawer for X years to not working. In fact I figured out it didn't work when I was about to attempt to update the internal firmware, but my N3DSXL (Luma) and DSLite wouldn't recognize the DSTwo. So I never actually got to that part, lol. Does it have an internal battery?
No, this is due to the fact that the memory inside the flashcart or any DS cartridge in general stores memory as flash memory, so no batteries needed at all.

Reactions: OrGoN3

OrGoN3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No, this is due to the fact that the memory inside the flashcart or any DS cartridge in general stores memory as flash memory, so no batteries needed at all.
Damn. Could've been a dead battery. I guess the card just died then. I'll have to do trace routes on it to see if any particular part fried or oxidized? I don't know. All I know is it doesn't work and I'm pissed. Thanks for trying to help though! Much appreciated ^_^

DeadSkullzJr

Developer
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Damn. Could've been a dead battery. I guess the card just died then. I'll have to do trace routes on it to see if any particular part fried or oxidized? I don't know. All I know is it doesn't work and I'm pissed. Thanks for trying to help though! Much appreciated ^_^
No problem man, don't give up though, maybe the contacts are just dirty, sometimes the contact pins tend to be picky lol.

DeadSkullzJr

Developer
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'll clean it, report back, and then open it up and take a look! ^_^
I would check the micro SD card as well. I once had some trouble with one of those on my acekard 2i years ago, anytime I would try to boot the cart on the DS console it just gave me an error screen. I was able to fix it by backing up the things I wanted to use again (Roms, emulators, etc. basically the important stuff) and formatting the micro SD card. Try putting a clean setup of EOS on it, do not update the cart firmware. (By the way, the latest game icon for the DSTWO/DSTWO+ is Alex Rider Stormbreaker).

OrGoN3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I would check the micro SD card as well. I once had some trouble with one of those on my acekard 2i years ago, anytime I would try to boot the cart on the DS console it just gave me an error screen. I was able to fix it by backing up the things I wanted to use again (Roms, emulators, etc. basically the important stuff) and formatting the micro SD card. Try putting a clean setup of EOS on it, do not update the cart firmware. (By the way, the latest game icon for the DSTWO/DSTWO+ is Alex Rider Stormbreaker).
It was a tested and newer microSD card with a fresh EOS setup. I test all of my portable flash media with h2testw. But thank you for the suggestion and troubleshoot tip! I'll still let you know how it goes after I clean the contacts. I'll probably take the pcb out of the shell so I can clean it properly.

DeadSkullzJr

Developer
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It was a tested and newer microSD card with a fresh EOS setup. I test all of my portable flash media with h2testw. But thank you for the suggestion and troubleshoot tip! I'll still let you know how it goes after I clean the contacts. I'll probably take the pcb out of the shell so I can clean it properly.
My DSTWO+ uses a Sandisk Extreme 128GB SDXC but I formatted it to Fat32 with a program. I was told that could cause problems and or slowdowns. Don't know if it is true or not, maybe it is because you could be using something higher than 64GB.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, wasnt there an official nintendogs game with cats for the 3ds?
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    ill have no wifi for a bit so see ya later
    +2
  • RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars:
    Gross. lol
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Xdqwerty, Ok seeya.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @RedColoredStars, I've got a fairly dark sense of humor lol.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    So a man goes to the doctor because his boner wont go down. As he is laying in the hospital bed, with his thing propped up in the air, a fly is flying around and landing on the tip and bothering him, so he calls in the nurse. The nurse comes in, swats at the fly but can't quite reach it, so she climbs his boner to get better aim. After a few tries of swatting and sliding back down, she says sorry I cant get it. He says keep going, a few more tries, and I can shoot the fly down.
    +2
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    Can I get his ☎️ # :shy::blush:
    +2
    oowpf What a work out it would be to help the guy get back down to normal :)
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I don't know why pizza hut has fries now
    You're joking right?
    But also by the same token, I wouldn't mind if they had potato wedges instead :)
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Taco bell, and Mcdonalds both sold pizza, so its fair
    I knew of Taco Bell doing so, but Mickey Dees?
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    yea years ago, small personal pizzas
    +1
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    McDonald's pizza was pretty good 🥰
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Pepsi owns Taco Bell, and Pizza Hut, so that made since Pizza hut pizza was sold in Taco bells.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Pepsi, and it's companies, did not pull out of Russia like most did, even tho they orig said they would, so I boycott them. (Except when drunk at 2am and Taco bell is only place open.)
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Fucking 4 wings and a small pan is $9
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Plus delivery, tip, and tax...
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I go and get it
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I wish there was a Sonic near me. I see the commercials all the time on TV, and the milkshakes sounds so good, esp the Oreo Cheesecake milkshake.
    +1
    Sonic for me is 60 miles away. :sad: So Nahh
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: Sonic for me is 60 miles away. :sad: So Nahh