Hacking DSTWO no longer working in 3DS

TheColdOne

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I recently tried to go back to some DS games I wanted to finish and when I try to start up the SuperCard DSTWO I get the message saying:

"An error has occurred.
Press and hold the POWER Button
to turn the system off.
Please refer to the
Operations Manual for details."

BUT it still works fine on my DS Lite! Is there any particular reason for this? My 3DS is on 3.0.0-6U and ran the DSTWO a month or two ago just fine, and my computer still reads the SD card as well (even grabbed the updated files for the DSTWO and that did nothing).

Very distressing, since I want to only carry around the one device.

nl255

Trophies
XP
Country
I recently tried to go back to some DS games I wanted to finish and when I try to start up the SuperCard DSTWO I get the message saying:

"An error has occurred.
Press and hold the POWER Button
to turn the system off.
Please refer to the
Operations Manual for details."

BUT it still works fine on my DS Lite! Is there any particular reason for this? My 3DS is on 3.0.0-6U and ran the DSTWO a month or two ago just fine, and my computer still reads the SD card as well (even grabbed the updated files for the DSTWO and that did nothing).

Very distressing, since I want to only carry around the one device.

Update to the latest EOS and then try again. If that doesn't work then try updating the DSTwo bootloader firmware on the DS Lite (safer than doing it on the 3DS using the dstwoupdateb method).

TheColdOne

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Already updated the EOS, but hadn't updated the firmware.

That apparently was the issue. I could have sworn I played on it with the latest 3DS firmware just fine.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Materia_tofu @ Materia_tofu: this is true! i learned how to make soundfont remixes from a friend back in 2021 +1