KibaOokami

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello I have a weird problem
On my most updated 3ds original on the most current firmware I can run the DSTWO without any problem.
However I have a 3ds XL on firmware 4.4 that I can't get it to load on. Do I need, perhaps an older firmware/EOS installed on the device to run on such an old firmware or does anyone have any other suggestions?

VinsCool

Persona Secretiva Felineus
Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada
Hello I have a weird problem
On my most updated 3ds original on the most current firmware I can run the DSTWO without any problem.
However I have a 3ds XL on firmware 4.4 that I can't get it to load on. Do I need, perhaps an older firmware/EOS installed on the device to run on such an old firmware or does anyone have any other suggestions?

It should load whatever 3ds version is, as long as your dstwo is properly updated. What do you get on your 4.4 3ds? nothing? a black error screen? something else? Could you give more details about your problem?

KibaOokami

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It should load whatever 3ds version is, as long as your dstwo is properly updated. What do you get on your 4.4 3ds? nothing? a black error screen? something else? Could you give more details about your problem?
Black screen then "An error has occured. Press and hold the POWER Button to turn the system off. Please refer to the Operations Manual for details.". When testing the cartridge on my launch 3DS it works. However it doesn't work on the second 3ds in the house (black launch system). It just gets a black screen there. Trying in gateway mode gives black screen along with gateway (classic). I assume its becuase its using a DS based exploit to get in so it can't run it. Is it because the gateway exploit IS installed? Should I run a regular retail game to clear the gateway exploit and then try it?

Cleared the data of the exploit by running a DS game temporarily. Still same error.

enarky

owls?
Trophies
XP
Country
Afghanistan
Are you sure your 3DS isn't broken? The current update works for me for 4.5 and current Firmwares. The way I understand the DSTWO updates they don't add anything that makes the card incompatible to previous Firmwares.

KibaOokami

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Try the card cleaning sticky in the Acekard subforum. It could be just a dirty card. (It happens a lot with mine too...)
I'll try this though it's been this way since I got it out of its package. It seems like..when the Supercard DSTwo is first set up I could get it to work! Once I tried anythign on it, and then cut it off. When I tried to cutit back on I got the error every single time.

Are you sure your 3DS isn't broken? The current update works for me for 4.5 and current Firmwares. The way I understand the DSTWO updates they don't add anything that makes the card incompatible to previous Firmwares.
I got my 3ds out of the box and its worked with everything else (including gateway) since the day I got it AND the gateway blue card works to run games on it. So it seems to be an error with the supercard rather. When I asked for a defective unit replacement from the shop the guy refused saying he'd never heard of an error like that and he didn't do returns/refunds. (Found him off the gbatemp recommended sellers stores)

VinsCool

Persona Secretiva Felineus
Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada
try cleaning both your card, 3ds card slot.
Maybe reinstall your dstwo firmware in your micro sd.
Whatever the problem is, there is something wrong with your 3ds. It should detect and let the dstwo boot.
It happened to me a couple of time, what I did is cleaning my 3ds slot1 (blowing on it actually lol) and then retrying my dstwo did the trick.

KibaOokami

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
haha yeah..but I've figured out one thing
It boots every time if the system has been off for an extended period of time(normally its like 3-4 hours minimum.) it'll boot the cartridge once and play whatever, then it gives the unable to boot error. Replicateable everytime. Real DS games work. Real 3DS games work. Gateway blue card works (and boots DS games). DSTWO works on DS Lite..but not 3ds XL. Yes I've cleaned the contacts on the system and the cartridge. I'm not sure what else I can do..

sj33

Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
I have a similar problem, where the card will black screen when loading from the 3DS menu. Faffing around turning the console on and off a few times seems to fix it. Looking on the net, it's a common problem with using the card on a 3DS, videos are all over YouTube. Happens on both my fw4.1 3DS and another console with a newer firmware.

Decided to just go out and grab a pre-owned DSi XL. Better way to play it anyway.

Digitsie

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a 3DS XL with all the latest firmware updates from Nintendo -and- the latest firmware/EOS from Supercard DSTwo and the DSTwo is working fine.

sj33

Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
It's curious how people are having such different experiences.

As I say, the DSTwo has problems with both of my 3DS consoles (4.1 console used with Gateway, and other console with latest firmware). Sometimes detects the cart, sometimes not, sometimes black screen when loading the cart etc. I think it has something to do with the awkward physical size of the cart, it barely fits inside the 3DS cart slot. The Gateway blue cart (the DS-mode cart) works with no issues, as does the red cart (3DS mode).

I bought a DSi XL today and has worked 100% fine with absolutely no issues, confirming that the cart itself is fine. I think the DSTwo can just be extremely finnicky with used with the 3DS.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21: :lol: