Hacking DSTWO doesn't start consistently

D

Deleted User

They seem fine. though they are all attached to the PCB so they don't really "hang off". When I cleaned them (twice) with rubbing alcohol, none of the contacts looked to be of concern.

Then I guess it could just be a faulty card... Does the website you bought it from allow returns for products?
I guess there also is the possibility that there's an issue with your Micro SD Card.

prototech

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Then I guess it could just be a faulty card... Does the website you bought it from allow returns for products?
I guess there also is the possibility that there's an issue with your Micro SD Card.

Well the more I read about this card, the more I realize how common of an issue it is, so I'm starting to believe it's just hit or miss with people. I have also tried several different micro SD cards (all of them work well with other flash cards) and have formatted the crap out of each of them, so I'm inclined to believe it's not the micro SD I'm using. I bought it from someone here on the site who got it from Real Hot Stuff a couple months ago, which has since completely revamped their website and now they don't sell flash cards anymore.

D

Deleted User

Well the more I read about this card, the more I realize how common of an issue it is, so I'm starting to believe it's just hit or miss with people. I have also tried several different micro SD cards (all of them work well with other flash cards) and have formatted the crap out of each of them, so I'm inclined to believe it's not the micro SD I'm using. I bought it from someone here on the site who got it from Real Hot Stuff a couple months ago, which has since completely revamped their website and now they don't sell flash cards anymore.

Huh, then maybe sell the DSTWO on eBay or something, and buy another flashcard.

weatMod

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

mine is from RHS too, and if you have issues with the MSD you will know it you will get a screen that says "no find SD"

Reactions: Deleted User

prototech

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Huh, then maybe sell the DSTWO on eBay or something, and buy another flashcard.

That's what I'm thinking of doing, but I'd probably buy another DSTWO, and if I had the same issue then I would really be kicking myself for it. I've never had a "no find SD" message, so I think I'm safe on that side.

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
There was a bad batch of carts a while back that seemed like a contact issue but was not. I was under the impression that the stock of this batch was long gone but you may have been unlucky enough to get one from the bad batch.
Since you bought it second hand there might not be a lot you can do about it.

D

Deleted User

There was a bad batch of carts a while back that seemed like a contact issue but was not. I was under the impression that the stock of this batch was long gone but you may have been unlucky enough to get one from the bad batch.
Since you bought it second hand there might not be a lot you can do about it.
What was the issue with the batch, though?

D

Deleted User

If you do, please post the info you find!

It was bought second-hand, right?
DS2's have issues with the contacts after ~1 year of use, which might be why you're having issues with yours, if the previous owner used it that much.
The 3DS also sometimes has slot issues with cards like the DS2, but since you're having issues on both systems you're trying it on, I highly doubt it's that. But, to make sure it's not an issue with the cartridge slot, if you have a friend who has a DSi/XL or maybe another DS/Lite or 3DS/XL and lives close to you, or at least in the same city, ask them if you can test your card in their systems, just to make sure.

prototech

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It was bought second-hand, right?
DS2's have issues with the contacts after ~1 year of use, which might be why you're having issues with yours, if the previous owner used it that much.
The 3DS also sometimes has slot issues with cards like the DS2, but since you're having issues on both systems you're trying it on, I highly doubt it's that. But, to make sure it's not an issue with the cartridge slot, if you have a friend who has a DSi/XL or maybe another DS/Lite or 3DS/XL and lives close to you, or at least in the same city, ask them if you can test your card in their systems, just to make sure.

The previous owner stated that they bought it just a few months ago, so I'll give them the benefit of the doubt on that. I'll keep trying some stuff, like fixing the screw hole with super glue, but if I can't get it working reliably I will probably try and sell this one at a discounted price.

Reactions: Deleted User
D

Deleted User

The previous owner stated that they bought it just a few months ago, so I'll give them the benefit of the doubt on that. I'll keep trying some stuff, like fixing the screw hole with super glue, but if I can't get it working reliably I will probably try and sell this one at a discounted price.

How much did you buy it for anyways? I've heard the DSTWO can cost as much as $50. (USD, I think.)

D

Deleted User

Yeah I paid just about that much. I'm thinking of selling it for $30.

Man, that must really suck to be ripped off like that.
I suggest you get an R4i Gold 3DS next. The contacts on the cartridge may be a bit wiggly, but it should work.

prototech

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Man, that must really suck to be ripped off like that.
I suggest you get an R4i Gold 3DS next. The contacts on the cartridge may be a bit wiggly, but it should work.

The seller is actually being very reasonable, but I wont discuss private details. Plus I've got a big boy job now, $50 isn't throw away money, but it also doesn't hurt too bad if I can get back any of that and put it towards another.

Can the R4i Gold 3DS play GBA games like the DSTWO? That's one of the main reasons I bought the card.

D

Deleted User

The seller is actually being very reasonable, but I wont discuss private details. Plus I've got a big boy job now, $50 isn't throw away money, but it also doesn't hurt too bad if I can get back any of that and put it towards another.

Can the R4i Gold 3DS play GBA games like the DSTWO? That's one of the main reasons I bought the card.

Ah, alright, that's good then. $50 probably sounds like a lot to me because of the fact that I can't get a job, and have never had one. (While it's legal for someone my age to work where I live, nobody would actually hire someone my age.)
I actually don't know if the R4i Gold 3DS can play GBA games on a DS, I know for sure it can't on the 3DS, though.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Jayro @ Jayro: Thanks for that bundle, I had the games already but got all the DLC for them for just $5. What a... +1