Hacking DSTT really hates some games

boogerlad

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Some games just refuse to load as quick as an r4. I tried reformating, using ysmenu, using different infolib file, and nothing. games like Yoshi touch and go, sonic rush, Tetris ds, mario hoops 3 on 3 and yoshi's island ds are significantly slower than an r4. Those games take 15 seconds, while an r4 takes less than 6. However in games like trauma center, final fantasy, NSMB, etc it destroys the r4 by booting in 2.56 seconds or less. Anyone know why the DSTT would be so much slower in some games but utterly destroy it in other games? Is there any way to make it better?

Rayder

Mostly lurking lately....
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Probably the way it handles ROMs is different. The ones that take longer are probably the ones that have to do an on-the-fly patching of the ROM before it will work, whereas the R4 maybe didn't have to that with that particular game. Vice versa for games that boot faster on DSTT.

I've noticed the same types of discrepancies on the CycloDS compared to the R4.

I'm just speculating though. I don't know anything for sure.

AC/DS

Trophies
XP
Country
I don't mind loading times as much as I do the fact that some games don't work, I'd really like to play Star Wars the Clone Wars on my DSTT one day.
/dreams

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Murica