Hacking DSTT Game loading freeze

Wightslayer

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
My friend has a DSTT, it's freezing when she loads games again. Guessing that either when she put more games on it's on the root...but if it isn't, then how do I fix it? Last time I did it by putting it into the computer and took it out again and it worked. No idea how...
Last time Bri told me but I can't find the thread.
Someone please help ASAP!

Bri

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Do all the games freeze of just some?

It's most likely that her games are on the root of the microSD (put them in a "games" folder).

Otherwise, there could be any number of causes. I'd first try backing up the files, reformatting the microSD using the Panasonic formatter, and then copying the files back.

-Bri

Bri

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
If she has nearly filled up the card, there would be no room left for save files and it will cause crashing. However, I'm not sure that it will crash on games that already have saves (if there are any). This is an easy one to figure out -- just delete one of the games.

Not putting the games into a folder (putting them on the root of the microSD card) will cause crashing eventually. Another easy one to find out -- if the games aren't all in a folder, that's probably your problem.

If it's not one of those problems, it's unlikely you're going to be able to track down the problem without reformatting the card. But it's really not that big a deal to back up a card and then reformat it, is it?

-Bri

Wightslayer

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Well, I just put the card into the computer without doing anything, cleaned out the dust from the DS slot and it's started working again :\
So could the problem just be dust? Because I cleaned it out BEFORE I put it into the DS and it still didn't load.

Just stopped wroking again.
Help?

Files on Root (if it helps) :
Games folder
FRX-OKRE.nds
FRX-OKRE.SAV
nncu6kk.com (locked file)
PSY-CM.NDS
psy-cm.sav
sm-nsmb.nds
sm-nsmb.sav
trm-bff.nds
trm-bff.sav
ttmenu folder
ttmenu.dat
ttmenu.sys

I'm guessing that the NDS and SAV file are games that she hasn't put into the folder with crap names.
Guessing from SM-NSMB...guessing that's mario.

Bri

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Yes, the .nds and .sav files need to go into a folder, not on the root. She didn't rename them from the archive (she just dropped them straight onto the card) which will make them difficult to identify! I also notice that some of them have .SAV instead of .sav (lowercase) as the extension. All the extentions should be lowercase, especially the save files.

Also check to make sure she has the latest firmware. And delete a few of the games to make sure the microSD card isn't nearly full.

If putting them into a folder doesn't help, the problem could be anything from a corrupt file system (which mean you'll need to reformat) to a bad microSD to a bad DSTT (not making proper contact with the microSD). Since it's loading in the OS without errors, it seems to be limited only to certain files which makes me think the filesystem is corrupt or you have a bad microSD card. Either way, I'm not sure how you're going to get around reformatting in order to track down the problem! Back up the microSD card, reformat (preferably using the Panasonic formatter), copy the firmware back onto the card, make a "games" folder, drop 2 or 3 games in the folder, and see what happens.

-Bri

psxiso

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
hi,

i don't think the file nncu6kk.com (locked file) need to be on the card, not sure if that's the cause but it shouldn't be there.
Format your card and download the latest firmware.
Setup like this:

ROOT of your card.
-TTMENU.DAT
-TTMenu (folder)
-Games (folder) put all the games in here.

Once you turn on your NDS, it will create a TTMENU.SYS, this files is about 4MB. Make sure you have enough space left for it and game saves as well. Always Free at least 25MB on the card.

Bri

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Thanks psxiso. Also, just put 2 or 3 games on the card (in the "Games" folder) to make sure it's working before you put the rest on.

-Bri

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    They should've just made it a movie at 50 minutes
    +1
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    No from Paramount Plus or whatever it is
    +1
    Psi now has access to every streaming and cable channel out
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Eh I'd rather just download and delete is it already up on paramount?
    Yeah it's on now
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @Psionic Roshambo, why are most new south park episodes half hour specials?
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @Psionic Roshambo, let me get a Netflix account I've always been nice to you
    +1
    I made a honey pepper glazed turkey breast for dinner turned out pretty bomb
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    We can Netflix and chill
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Nvm not half hour, but hour long
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Normal south park episodes are already half hour
    Got 2 free Xumo boxes they work pretty good
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'm happy to get anything most series don't make it pass 6 seasons
    Except Stars and Encore those are being a bitch lol
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I may consider that onn pro box finally a media box with type A ;O
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @K3Nv2, cuz the companies don't want em to
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    No it's revenue and demand south park could argue has a bigger audience than family guy about the same
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Family guy is worth 300mill south parks worth 1Bill according to the interwebs
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @K3Nv2, probably cuz family guy is more disliked compared to south park
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It just does the same formula south park can press buttons without going overboard
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    And bc most of the family guy budget is spent on the voice actors rather than on the animation
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Southpark could spend 30k on a animated dick and people would laugh at it
    +2
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    lol one prescription to Lizzo
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    who is lizzo?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    yawn
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: yawn