Status
Not open for further replies.

Tormendo

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I say you tomorow the homepage. And i can't say when it will release. When Dragon release the source code it will be faster

pka4916

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hi all, here is an final update.

since i got tons e-mails and pm's, about people bitching that they want is now, and everyone wants the latest of the latest in it, and they know
damn well that it's impossible for a DS, i decided to do a Deltree D:\DSorganize Source\

You can thank all the other people bitchen to me about it.!!!

Heeroo, good luck in the future, i know it's hard for you, but you will figure it out.

OneMichael

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
atomicat.com
XP
Country
Canada
Really, people: When it's done, it'll be done. There's literally no use in asking about it beforehand.
The same thing is going on at the MENUdo thread, and I'm pretty sure at any other thread that contains an unreleased project.
For those of you who want a solid release date: Call it October 2012. If it arrives earlier than that... you can rejoice!

Tormendo

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
dso.bplacd.net will be the Domain, I upload Webspell. In this CMS i have the most knowledge

osimonbinladen

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
Sweet, can't wait to see the new release.
Come October 2012 and I'm going to be a happy man.
biggrin.gif

Sarvesh50

Aye!
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
omfg bitch*s why so impatient **** now we lost an coder you want to wait when it will be released longer than we hoped because of some of thse ****** here did on of our coder stop

osimonbinladen

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
Calm down man, it's just one coder.
I know it's sad... but it's when we lose all coders that you are allowed to scream and shout.
This happens all the time to people.
I don't think people realize how much stress is going to be put on them when they start a project with so much demand.
Now, a moment of silence for pka4916.
sleep.gif

Tormendo

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I must say pka4916 is send me nothing and has made nothing what i know... Sorry pka. You need Devkit Arm17 to compile it.

Osimonbinladen you now in the coding team. Have you antoher name? For the credits in the app i wil not become truble with some users;).

updowners

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
shadowhunter93 said:
Do we even see any sort of release coming in the near future? I've been waiting for a long time now, as have many GBATEMP members. Can you outline a rough release date?

It "may" come out before Duke Nukem Forever does.

Hopefully.

osimonbinladen

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
Heeroo said:
I must say pka4916 is send me nothing and has made nothing what i know... Sorry pka.
Yeah, that could be another reason why he left. Because completely recoding is a big job, he may not of known what he was getting in to.
That would also add on to the stress.
Umm, Osimonbinladen is my only name you will see on the internet.
biggrin.gif

osimonbinladen

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
Ha ha, my real name isn't Osimonbinladen, it's Simon.
It's like a take off kind of thing... ha ha.
Yeah, for short, like on games and stuff I am called Osimon. (Or Osi)

EDIT:
Opps, forgot to mention... my computer kind of crashed.
I am rying to get another copy of Windows to install.
But at the mean time, I am working on my family computer, so it's not as great...
But finger's crossed I get a copy of a windows CD somewhere. (My computer didn't come with one
angry.gif
)

Oh, and Heeroo, how's that site coming along?

Meikrekel

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Can someone give us (the public) a little information about the state of the project and when there will be a release, I, and not me alone, am waiting for this to arrive
yaynds.gif

osimonbinladen

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
Ha ha, thats ******* for you simon.
No need to swear! Ha ha.
The program is being recoded pretty much.
There is no release date I don't think, unless you count October 2012.
Just you have to be patient.

OneMichael

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
atomicat.com
XP
Country
Canada
INFORMATION!
I'm using DSOrganize 3.1129, because random document closes are so much better than complete deletion of the text file. I noticed something specific, today:
When you're typing above the Save button and it closes the document, it'll save first.
When you're typing above the Back button and it closes the document, it won't save.

In fact, the exact process, which people called 'crashing', is exactly like pressing those buttons. In one other piece of homebrew (Darkstar, I believe), I noticed that if I touched the screen a certain way the pointer would jump to the side a bit, and click another cell in a grid, or cause my pen's trail to jag away. I think the same basic thing is happening on here.
I've tried some experimental tapping, and it doesn't seem to have anything to do with the force, direction, size, or speed of the tap. Sequences such as 'qwerty' never seem to close the document, and it seems easier to hit the buttons while tapping around the 'q' or the 'p'. I've yet to reproduce any 'crashes', though I can tell you it has nothing to do with direct character sequences. I'm wondering if it's all about the millisecond timing.
Heeroo, can you think of anything that would set the click to the y-level of the save/back buttons? It seems to me that the program adds the buttons, and then sometimes forgets to reinitialize the y co-ordinate.

I'll keep experimenting, to see if I can come up with guidelines for everyone using DSO 3.1129.

(Edit:)
For starters, I'll say that the following things will never result in a 'crash':
-holding a key down
-pressing a key repeatedly
-tapping between two different keys over and over

Also, I'm more familiar with java applets than I am with the DS: Do you redraw the elements (text forms and buttons and such) for every frame? Or do you make a virtual map of everything, turn it into a contiguous raster image, and send that to the registers? If that's the case, do you just shove your x/y co-ordinates into a fistful of IF statements, or is there some way a number can leak out somewhere?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl: @K3Nv2 I also want to vibrate... Like right now.