Gaming DSi XL charging problems

gesaugen

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I have problem with charging my DSi XL. I've opened it and I think it is a problem with port but I'm not sure any more because when cable is connected I do read voltage via multi meter at the ends of the port, so there is connection btw charging cable and port. I'm using USB cables, have two of them, not original charger... Although I do read charge at the end side of the charging port, the led turns on only if I move cable at the certain angle. The best result I've got from not sticking the cable all the way in and keeping it at the angle, only in that position the led turns on constantly... so I'm confused: how come I do get voltage reading on the end of the charging port while cable is fully in and it wont charge, but when the cable is loose and half way out then it charges?

From stuff I've tried to fix is that I've renewed solder on the F1 and F2 fuses and they show resistance so they are (probably?) working and also have replaced charging port with new one from ebay. Battery also seams ok as it shows reading of 4V constantly...

One thing that crosses my mind is that maybe solder is loose on other parts of the PCB and that pressure from bending cable makes that connection.

Any idea what could be the problem?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: Enter the Dragon?