Hacking DSi Ware / DSi Shop Question (DSi XL / Supercard DSTWO)

carnage781

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a DSi XL running 1.4.5U (I just updated this the other day was originally 1.4.3 i believe I bought it used.) I just bought a Supercard DSTWO that is on the way which I am really excited about. I know you can only play DS/SNES/GBA games on there and DSi ware games wont work and probably never will. But my question is can I still go online to the DSi Store and purchase games such as Shantae, Zenonia & Cave Story while the DSTWO still working and able to play the DS games and emulators? And while I'm here how well does the SNES Emulator run?

Johnatton

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Yes, you will be able to access the DSi Store after using this flash cart. As long as you update your flash cart before updating your console you shouldn't have a problem.

Sakitoshi

GBAtemp Official Lolimaster
Trophies
Website
sakiheru.blogspot.com
XP
Country
Chile
I already updated it to 1.4.5U, so would I need to do a factory reset on the system?
nope, if you already updated your console then copy the lastest eos to your micro-sd card, download the lastest firmware and rename it from dstwoupdate.dat to dstwoupdateb.dat and copy to the root of your micro-sd card, then insert the micro-sd in your dstwo, insert the dstwo in the dsi and boot the cart, you will see the error message telling you to shutdown the console DON'T SHUTDOWN THE CONSOLE YET, instead leave it in that screen for 5 minutes, and after that take out the micro-sd card and put it on your computer to erase the update file(dstwoupdateb.dat) and for the grand finish insert the micro-sd back on your dstwo and dsi, boot the cart and everything should be working.

GamerzHell9137

Trophies
XP
Country
Bosnia and Herzegovina
nope, if you already updated your console then copy the lastest eos to your micro-sd card, download the lastest firmware and rename it from dstwoupdate.dat to dstwoupdateb.dat and copy to the root of your micro-sd card, then insert the micro-sd in your dstwo, insert the dstwo in the dsi and boot the cart, you will see the error message telling you to shutdown the console DON'T SHUTDOWN THE CONSOLE YET, instead leave it in that screen for 5 minutes, and after that take out the micro-sd card and put it on your computer to erase the update file(dstwoupdateb.dat) and for the grand finish insert the micro-sd back on your dstwo and dsi, boot the cart and everything should be working.

I don't recommend this. Just find someone with a DSPhat or Lite and update normally if the card isn't updated.

Sakitoshi

Trophies
Website
sakiheru.blogspot.com
XP
Country
Chile
I don't recommend this. Just find someone with a DSPhat or Lite and update normally if the card isn't updated.
of course he can do that and is much better because is easier and all that, but why you dont recommend do it?? i did that to my own because i updated my cart then my console and for some reason my cart didnt take the dstwo update and thus black screen of error.

carnage781

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So if i do that update method, can I just wait longer on the error screen (15-20 min) to ensure it works? Sorry for being such a newbie I'm new to this stuff just excited to play DS Games

carnage781

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
^ on top of that question last question I have is if I bought something on there before I got my DSTWO and updated it, would that make things more complicated?

Sakitoshi

Trophies
Website
sakiheru.blogspot.com
XP
Country
Chile
The updateb method can result in a brick if the user gets impatient and stops it too early since there's no progress indication.
thats why i put in bold the part of dont turn off the console during 5 minutes, and the 5 minutes wait itself is a exaggeration, updates on dstwo takes like 1 maybe 2 minutes to complete
^ on top of that question last question I have is if I bought something on there before I got my DSTWO and updated it, would that make things more complicated?
do you refer to buy something in the dsi shop?? the shop or the content you can buy from the shop arent the problem, the update of the system that is required for enter the shop is.
the thing is that obviously makes cart updates more complicated to install if you dont update the cart before you update the dsi, is like ask the guards to let you go out when you are in jail but the emergency update method is like if someone from outside cave a tunnel to let you get out without the guards knowing, ok that was a strange example but is the best i can do, anyway other carts doesnt even have the option to update on a already updated console. having a up-to-date dstwo you have nothing to fear, and if someday comes another dsi update(very unlikely, but who knows) make sure to update your dstwo before your dsi.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TKyNPg7UIIc