The_Randomizer54

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all. I have a problem.

I have a 3ds that is running LUMA custom firmware.

I also have a friend who wants CFW on his 3ds so he can basically get free games... (Don't judge)
I've been following the DSIware transfer tutorial over on 3ds.guide but now I'm at the system transfer part.

My problem is; if I transfer everything, my 3ds will be formatted, and I would like to keep my NNID on my 3ds Is there anyway I can bypass this?

I've made copies of the stuff on my SD card, but I would also like to keep the contents on my system.

Also if I was to transfer the stuff. Would I loose CFW on my 3ds?

Thank you for taking the time to read this, and thanks in advance for the suggestions

Ryccardo

Penguin accelerator
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
You can keep your data with a full SD+NAND backup and restoring it after you're done

Your account will transfer, of course you can transfer it back after a week (assuming they're both New or both Old 3DSes) or you can ask Nintendo to manually move it - although homebrew has better alternatives to all advantages of NNID in the first place

CFW does obviously not transfer, it's a file on the SD that Nintendo's operating system doesn't even look at

The_Randomizer54

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Thanks for the lightning-fast reply. Sorry for the noobish questions but;
How would I take a full NAND backup? As I already have a SD backup.
Also, would I have to reverse transfer within a week or after week?
Finally, wouldn't reverse transferring remove the DSIWARE and other stuff, such as all the cias and such that I may have installed?

Thanks for your time

Edit: Nevermind the last question, I can easily take another SD+NAND backup before reverse transferring

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Yummy yummy :rofl2: