Hacking DSi R4i-Gold Error

Sneffles

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Romania
Greetings! Yesterday, I purchased from a junk sale a DSi with no cartridge nor charger (I know, how unfortunate, right? The price was great though). The friend I went to the junk sale with lent me his charger and R4 card. More specifically, this card:
R4i-Gold-V1.4.jpg
R4i v1.4.1. My friend says he got this cartridge when he purchased a second hand DS. He never really needed it and never tested it before. The website displayed on the cartridge is no longer there. However, it looks like the firmware I need is very similar or even identical to most R4 cards for DS.

The problem is, with every single firmware I put in the SD card I get the same error: "An error has occurred. Press and hold the POWER Button to turn the system off. Please refer to the Nintendo DSi Operations Manual for details." Same error when there is no SD card put in the R4 cartridge. Yes, I am certain that my SD card is functional, I just bought it and my USB-to-SD adapter recognizes it as well.

After some time, I realized that the problem might be my DSi version: 1.4.5E. Yet again, the internet was not very helpful, most similar problems happened between 2009 and 2012 and I don't quite understand their solutions.

I'm in need of help. It's the first time I own a DSi console and I've never used a R4 card before. If you happen to know the issue and how to solve it, please be kind and explain to me where did I go wrong and what should I do. Thank you and have a nice day!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: Has he had seizures before?