Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
pkmn789123 said:
Running at 70k keys p/s on 1 core
PC specs:

You should overclock your CPU, it should be perfectly safe to up it a little and get better performance out of it!
wink.gif

Shouldn't have to tweak the voltage or anything, just increase the Bus Speed a little.

cornaljoe

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
120K p/s using 2 instances on each core of my dual core. This probably isn't going to work but hey I'll join the effort.

RupeeClock

Colors 3D Snivy!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
We've hit a quarter trillion already, this is good progress I guess.
This seems like a pretty important movement, there aught to be a frontpage post, don't you think?

Anything to get more participants.

Haku_2

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Someone with a PS3 that has either Windows or Linux installed on it should try running this app on it. I'm curious to know how many keys per second it could handle.

- Haku

RupeeClock

Colors 3D Snivy!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Haku_2 said:
Someone with a PS3 that has either Windows or Linux installed on it should try running this app on it. I'm curious to know how many keys per second it could handle.

- Haku
It's true that a PS3 easily outperforms ANY PC when Folding@Home, but as of right now there's no way to utilise the PS3's power. Pretty sure Linux barely has any access to the system's resources.

Haku_2

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
RupeeClock said:
Haku_2 said:

- Haku
It's true that a PS3 easily outperforms ANY PC when Folding@Home, but as of right now there's no way to utilise the PS3's power. Pretty sure Linux barely has any access to the system's resources.
If you could install an OS on a PS3, I'd think you would be able to run any program you want on it though. However, I don't have a PS3 as I'm a PC gamer so I could be wrong.

- Haku

Haku_2

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
BoxShot said:
Sony limits what the installed linux can do so it can't be used to do homebrew and piracy but then again GeoHotz kind of yeah.
Well, that's just disappointing. Really ashame that its power can't be put to good use. Thank you for explaining this to me though.

- Haku

CrimsoniteX

Trophies
Website
crims0n.us
XP
Country
United States
I'm currently downloading Yellow Dog to install on my PS3, I'm curious about taking advantage of the processors. I'm pretty sure you are only locked out of the GPU, not the CPU.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: It is really cool how they managed to do this. Hopefully we get a fully hacked XBox One by next... +1