Homebrew DSi Nand Mod Question

froggestspirit

Aspiring Game Dev
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I wired up a nand mod on my dsi with 30 guage magnet wire. i used a plug that has 5 pins to make a permanent mod, so i got one for clk,cmd,dat0 and 2 ground. i wired up the other wires that plug in directly to the SD readers pins, so its almost like a usb cable the plugs in the dsi now. i kept my wires very short, although i have an issue getting the drive to show up on a pc. the dsi boots notmally when disconnected from my adapter, and boots into error code 0000fe00 when connected. any advise? should i use thicker wire or solder to a sd card instead to manually plug into the reader?

Ryccardo

Penguin accelerator
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
the dsi boots notmally when disconnected from my adapter, and boots into error code 0000fe00 when connected. any advise?
That's good (the console is recognizing something else is keeping internal storage busy); assuming you already double checked the pinouts, try with an SD reader using a different chipset

Also, you said the wires are short (good), but are they approximately the same length?

froggestspirit

Aspiring Game Dev
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i think some are significantly shorter than others, maybe a cm or two. i can try making them longer\shorter to be the same. also worth noting, the SD card reader, i used it sucessfully with a 3ds nand mod once, so i dont know if itd be different compatability for dsi?

Ryccardo

Penguin accelerator
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
i think some are significantly shorter than others, maybe a cm or two. i can try making them longer\shorter to be the same. also worth noting, the SD card reader, i used it sucessfully with a 3ds nand mod once, so i dont know if itd be different compatability for dsi?
I'm not sure that 2 cm would be a significant difference, but yes, compatibility is a bit iffy - you are using both reader and chip outside their intended specifications

(You're leaving the console powered on the bootrom error, right?)

froggestspirit

Aspiring Game Dev
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm not sure that 2 cm would be a significant difference, but yes, compatibility is a bit iffy - you are using both reader and chip outside their intended specifications

(You're leaving the console powered on the bootrom error, right?)
yes, i have the console powered on. i might try with thicker wire, i just hate the dat0 point

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=COua5q4CByg