Gaming DSi 1.4.4u Update Live

chrisrlink

Has a PhD in dueling
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
will this kill my pre-installed sudokuhax exploit?...because it that's the case..i'm never updating again

can't transfer my damn DSiWare to my 3DS without updating now...goddamnit procrastination!

EDIT -

From the Acekard Team:

Do Not Update your DSi to 1.4.4

Please do not update your DSi to 1.4.4 if your console prompt you to update. We'll release DSi 1.4.4 update file for AK2i ASAP. Please be patient. Thanks.

IE - Do Not Update Your DSi until a more craftier, smarter Flashcart *cough*Supercard* team releases a fix that we will base OUR fix from. :tpi:
i think the AK team is waiting for a 3ds update then to do a double wamie on both hand helds

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
Missed this post earlier...

IE - Do Not Update Your DSi until a more craftier, smarter Flashcart *cough*Supercard* team releases a fix that we will base OUR fix from. :tpi:
If the AK team steals fixes from supercard, then how were they able to update before the DSone before the DSTwo existed?

Trophies
Website
www.google.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Wow I'm impressed with the R4i Gold 3DS team, they released their patch yesterday meaning they're the first team to fix it :)

Although the patch only works with 3DS carts while non-3DS carts will have to wait for the team to release a different patch to fix it.

stanleyopar2000

RIP Yuzu. "It is always morally correct..."
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
Missed this post earlier...

If the AK team steals fixes from supercard, then how were they able to update before the DSone before the DSTwo existed?

well it's just lately they have not released a fix until way later when others do already

tranfeer

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Wow I'm impressed with the R4i Gold 3DS team, they released their patch yesterday meaning they're the first team to fix it :)

Although the patch only works with 3DS carts while non-3DS carts will have to wait for the team to release a different patch to fix it.

r4i gold 3ds(r4ids.cn) chooses The chronicles of Narnia Prince capspin this time, which is used by ak2i as the 3ds 3.0 patch. Maybe ak2i can use it again.

Trophies
Website
www.google.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom

r4i gold 3ds(r4ids.cn) chooses The chronicles of Narnia Prince capspin this time, which is used by ak2i as the 3ds 3.0 patch. Maybe ak2i can use it again.

It's probably just an icon that's all.

eggsample

punahussy
Trophies
Website
eggsample.pl
XP
Country
Poland
R4i GOLD Plus DeLuxe edition Update

Preparing mSD, kernel setup.

Edit
sth interesting about r4idsn.com
oreally.jpg

pyromaniac123

ส็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็(ಠ益ಠส็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็
Trophies
XP
Country
r4i-sdhc.hk unlimited upgrade doesn't work on 1.4.4.

jimmyemunoz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This R4I GOLD 3DS patch does not work for all R4i Gold 3DS cards although they are indeed shown with game icon below and they are R4i Gold with green 3DS marking.
George, what does the part of your statement I put in bold lettering mean?
Are you saying R4i Gold non-3DS cards, with the SpongeBob icon, still aren't updated to work on Official Nintendo DSi v1.44 firmware? Or, that some of the R4i Gold 3DS cards are still not able to be updated?

fredfredfred3

Trophies
XP
Country
Er, yes I can confirm that the latest Acekard 2i we have has just been bricked. End of story. Dead.

Well done to the guys at nintendo for cracking it (I bet they're laughing now), but I'm not happy. It's a battle between the bigs guys at Nintendo HQ and the DS hackers out there....

So it seems that I can't use 'any' flash based card in my DSi XL now with 1.4.4. I don't want to try my old R4 card just in case. I tried the Acekard out on my original DS phat, and also dead. It did work a couple of weeks ago.

I did an update yesterday (25th March 2012) and ever since can't do anything. It won't recognise the Micro SDHC memory card, which is still ok though. Genuine nintendo game cartridges still work fine though.

The problem is that if you want to use the Nintendo internet browser to download any additional features or do any online points purchases, their network 'forces' you to do an update. So I suggest that anyone with kids who use the internet with their DSi change the router (wifi) access codes, as it's the only way of preventing an inadvertant update.... But you're probably reading this as you've already destroyed your Acekard or other brandedcard... Too late!

I've tried to re-boot (reformat) the DS, to see if it makes any difference, but no. It seems that the Nintendo DSi system update is permanent. Buying a new Acekard (or any other flashcard) with present firmware release, will not work.

And now we wait while the clever people at Acekard, R4, Supercard etc work on a fix... Do not buy a flashcard for your DSi if it has been updated, or is a brand new DSi.

I'm relieved that we only paid about US$16 (or £10 or €12) for the Acekard.

fredfredfred3 (UK)

Pong20302000

making notes on everything
Trophies
Website
3dsdb.com
XP
Country

This R4I GOLD 3DS patch does not work for all R4i Gold 3DS cards although they are indeed shown with game icon below and they are R4i Gold with green 3DS marking. Please do not have DSi system updated before getting your R4i Gold 3DS firmware updated for 1.44.

a1.gif

my two cards patched and they where spongebob
now prince caspian

theres the 2 files but i think this is what confuses people

the DSL file is for bricked cards
the DSi file is for non bricked

i tryed to run the DSL file on a DS phat and got FAIL
use the DSi file on a DS Phat and VOILA it passed and updated them both :D

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users