DS #XXXX: Victini Liberty Ticket Distribution Cart (Europe)

KazoWAR

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Reactions: 1 person

_Chaz_

GBAtemp's Official Mook™
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Great, the 5th gen Mew.

Only thing is... they tried to make it look like a secret, being #000 and all, and then just give it away. That alone kills it for me. And all event Pokemon for that matter.

Why was it so bad to just play the game to get Pokemon, GameFreak!?

TankedThomas

Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
This reminds me of the strangest thing that I saw today. It was on New Zealand's Cartoon Network. They have this stupid intermission/ad with flipping panels of character faces that change to either Cs or Ns, and it just goes on forever. My brother said it goes until all the panels are filled with the letters. I decided to wait it out. At the end.... well, that never happened, but for a split-second, that Victini promotional image about the event that was released by Nintendo and has been all over the internet by now.... For a split-second, that appeared after the ad. I don't know why or what for, but if you blinked, you would miss it. Luckily I had blinked just before it had appeared. Haha.

Anyway, the next time it came along, I waited the ad out again. Nothing at the end this time. The third time it came along, the same thing happened as the first time, except this time, it was more like two split-seconds (don't ask how I can count split-seconds. It's just approximate. Longer than the first time, but still blink-and-you'll-miss-it fast), and the image was of a Pokemon Black and White commercial. There was some light blue object at the bottom. Dunno if it was a corrupt image, or if they were showing off a DS Lite in the ad for some reason. I haven't watched the ad (I'd have to watch it online I guess), but I would assume they model the games with a DSi or DSi XL.

Anyway, after all of that....

I recently determined that "legendary" Pokemon have become too abundant, and that I don't give a crap about "legendary" Pokemon that look pathetically weak. I don't really care about Pokemon in general any more, but if I did, I'd want my legendary Pokemon to look like they're about to rip your throat out and eat your face.

YayMii

hi
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
_Chaz_ said:
Great, the 5th gen Mew.

Only thing is... they tried to make it look like a secret, being #000 and all, and then just give it away. That alone kills it for me. And all event Pokemon for that matter.

Why was it so bad to just play the game to get Pokemon, GameFreak!?
I think the reason for event Pokémon is because they were trying to persuade people to travel to their Pokémon events in real life.
And then they realized that some people were complaining that they weren't able to get the Pokémon without travelling (or cheats) so they made them piss-easy to get. Although I never understood why they didn't just make these Pokémon really difficult to catch in-game, and give out strengthened versions of these Pokémon at events.
Anyways, I would've liked Victini better if it was more limited-edition. Like a launch-day gift or something. A month is too long of an opportunity for a "special" Pokémon.

pizza4D

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
TCJJ said:
I recently determined that "legendary" Pokemon have become too abundant, and that I don't give a crap about "legendary" Pokemon that look pathetically weak. I don't really care about Pokemon in general any more, but if I did, I'd want my legendary Pokemon to look like they're about to rip your throat out and eat your face.
In the original Japanese version, Pokémon like Mew, Celebi, Jirachi and Victini are clearly distinguished with a different term from Legendaries.
They have only now started to adapt this in other languages with the term "Mythical Pokémon".

Lyomak

Trophies
Website
twitch.tv
XP
Country
Colombia
pizza4D said:
TCJJ said:
In the original Japanese version, Pokémon like Mew, Celebi, Jirachi and Victini are clearly distinguished with a different term from Legendaries.
They have only now started to adapt this in other languages with the term "Mythical Pokémon".

And they have the same base stats: 100 in everything.

D

Deleted-236924

KazoWAR said:
I just finished remaking the program I made last night. It is pretty simple to use.

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/3706406/Files/LTDCE%20v1.0.rar

Here are some PGF files to test it out.

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/3706406/Files/Myst...ift%20Files.rar

rahxen said:
I saw that KazoWAR used adhoc on desmume... how can I do that?

http://gbatemp.net/t268233-problems-with-d...t&p=3355491

Set Wi-Fi settings to Ad-hoc and have 2 instances of the emulator running.

Well, the only objections I have is that it's called Liberty Pass in english, makes it kind of weird to have the program named Liberty Ticket Distribution Cart Editor.
Since it mattered so much for me, I went and edited it myself.

QUOTE(_Chaz_ @ Mar 13 2011, 10:51 PM)
Only thing is... they tried to make it look like a secret, being #000 and all, and then just give it away.
But the reason for having it be #000 wasn't to keep it secret.
Besides, they revealed Victini about a month before it was actually released.

koji2009

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh noes! Mah pokemanz isn't special!

Obviously it's not right now, it is still the first month of the game's release... But many many people/kids won't get the game this month and they (in theory) won't ever get a chance to get it besides hacking/cheating and thus the general amount of people who'll have it will go down given time, indeed the greater the amount of time that passes the less of them there should be to people who own the game.

Or, you know, the easier thing to do would be to simply not forget that you're essentially playing a game designed for 10 year olds and thus the actual act of being able to catch them all shouldn't be close to impossible just so you can flex your epeen at being a 1337 haxors.

D

Deleted-236924

And besides, if you're going to whine about your Pokémon not being special anymore just because a distribution cart was dumped...
Just remember that a lot more of people will use AR cheats rather than this cart.

8BitWalugi

Taiyohhhhhh!
Trophies
Website
www.twitter.com
XP
Country
Australia
thelovemonk said:
Here the dump for my cartridge if anyone wants it. I have tested it on DSi and DSL and with M3 DSS running woods fw and AK2i running AIO 1.8.6

*manually snipped so a mod doesn't have to edit my post*
Remove that. It's against the GBATemp rules to post ROMs.

MasterKnight

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
All you need is the original Liberty Pass Distribution ROM and the tools provided and the Wonder Cards, and also the program to modify the Wonder Cards in the Liberty Pass Distribution ROM and all done. Having them all, you will know what to do =].

I just finished with the ROM I was working on and works awesome! Thank you so much once again!
biggrin.gif

MasterKnight

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
No, those Pokémon are not going to be released yet. They each will be released in the coming years, just like Darkrai, Shaymin & Arceus. So, expect them in 2012, 2013 and 2014. They are not yet released, announced, not yet in promotion yet, so, don't expect news from them yet. It's too early, I'm sorry.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: Ahhhh ok