DS-Xtreme 4 Gbit in hand!

flai

Androgynous Apparently :)
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Ok, some ROMS don't work but all the ones that matter do. It doesn't matter how good that cart is, it will always have problems. Hell, I have a 64mbit (8MB) cart for my old Game Boy Color and the sprites are all messed up in Pokemon Red and Blue and the menu in Super Mario The 6 Golden Coins is all messed up too. Its impossible to be perfect but the M3 and the G6 are damn well near it.

kevinbarron1132

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No bugs yet!
nyanya.gif
This thing looks almost perfect. I really don't see any cons about it.
toot.gif

kneehighspy

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
i agree, the ds-xtreme sounds great. pre-ordered mine a lil over a month ago. cant wait to get it and try it out, if it works well, i'll get another ds and another ds-xtreme for my daughter
smile.gif

flai

Androgynous Apparently :)
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I suppose but I'd rather get something that I can expand. When I get an M3 Lite, I will get a 1GB Micro-SD but I may get a 2GB come Christmas time, then I can fit my whole games collection on it.

XmemphistoX

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Boohoo.
cry.gif
 So what if I can only fit 7 or 8 games on it. The ease of use is the ticket for me.

Even though 512 will be enough for me, everyone has different expectations. You should know that.

I currently use a 32MB GBA Flash cart and can maybe squeeze around four games on it. It takes around 15 minutes to flash the darn thing so its pretty annoying. However with the DS-X with is USB port, swapping files should be no hassle at all! Woot 512MB + USB FTW!

Deadmon

A Temper
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Good impressions so far huh...I might consider one, but maybe after a price drop..(124 CDN..yikes)

I can't see a single damn thing wrong with that price. I paid more than that for a 256mbit GBA flash cart a couple years ago. Hell I paid almost that much for my M3 SD + Passkey 2.

I know where you're coming at, internal memory flashcarts have always been around that price, and trust me, I'm on the brink of buying it, if I just had more extra cash afterwards. Used up quite a bit at the snowboarding show that just passed this weekend in Toronto, so I'm kinda low on cash.
tongue.gif

As soon as I get some more cash, I'll be spending it on the DS-Xtreme..

spotanjo3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
After read the review, I am drooling already. It is going to be my first time to buy but I have a question. Do I have to drag and drop update firmware into this before I drag and drop cleanroms or just drag and drop cleanroms into it and you are ready to play ? Thanks.

spotanjo3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Do I have to drag and drop update firmware into this before I drag and drop cleanroms or just drag and drop cleanroms into it and you are ready to play ? Thanks.

kazumi213

Trophies
XP
Country
Do I have to drag and drop update firmware into this before I drag and drop cleanroms or just drag and drop cleanroms into it and you are ready to play ? Thanks.

It seems this product works much like an USB pendrive in terms of PC connectivity: copy and paste files into the DS-X and you're ready to go, the firmware does the rest. I guess firmware updates will come in the form of an executable which will recognize the drive and will update its firmware, but of course I'm not sure.

spotanjo3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Really ? I need more information to see if I need the firmware to drag and drop into this to run the cleanroms or something.

kazumi213

Trophies
XP
Country
Really ? I need more information to see if I need the firmware to drag and drop into this to run the cleanroms or something.

No, you don't. I mean: you simply connect the DS-X to your PC via the provided USB cable. Then it will appear in "My PC" or "Windows Explorer" or whatever you use to browse your computer like and additional drive i.e D:. Then you simply copy and paste your clean .nds (no .zip support) to the DS-X, you can even create directories in it for personal sorting purposes. Finally you insert the DS-X into the console and turn it on. The DS-X has its own firmware. This is not related to flashme or something like that. You don't have to mess with it. It does its job when you turn on the console and doesn't affect your console firmware (which can be the original).

By the way are you the same Rockmangames at emutalk? I'm "imu"
wink2.gif

spotanjo3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

No, you don't. I mean: you simply connect the DS-X to your PC via the provided USB cable. Then it will appear in "My PC" or "Windows Explorer" or whatever you use to browse your computer like and additional drive i.e D:. Then you simply copy and paste your clean .nds (no .zip support) to the DS-X, you can even create directories in it for personal sorting purposes. Finally you insert the DS-X into the console and turn it on. The DS-X has its own firmware. This is not related to flashme or something like that. You don't have to mess with it. It does its job when you turn on the console and doesn't affect your console firmware (which can be the original).

By the way are you the same Rockmangames at emutalk? I'm "imu"
wink2.gif

Awesome, then I have to buy it! Thanks!

- Exposed USB port may put off some people, and if really mistreated could possibly be damaged.

What does that mean ?

Yes, I am the same Rockmangames at emutalk. Why ?
nyanya.gif
wink2.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, im not american so i dont care about trump
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    or us elections
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Me niether, us north Koreans don't care
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    good night
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    i don't care either, even if i'm american
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    truth be told, i agree with psi, i dislike both candidates, but i'd probably vote trump simply because the economy was better during his presidency
    +1
  • AngryCinnabon @ AngryCinnabon:
    Just be careful, if trump ends up winning and using project 2025 America might really change...for the worse.
    I'm not american and even that sends shivers down my spine.
    anything that offers trump an opportunity to become an actual dictator
    is bad in my book, i could care less if it wasn't for that...
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Canada: America's Russia
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    people are so dramatic that I can't even tell if they are being serious
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Why so serious!
    @BakerMan, yeah that's about the only reason I would vote for Trump over Biden.
    +1
    In my opinion on all other factors they are pretty much the same.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Economy was better under Trump, according to Fox News.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I don't give a fuck about what happens to America but I would like it if your shit didn't spill out on the rest of the world, thank you.
    +3
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    A Far Right news service company
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    I give a fuck about what happens to America but I would like it if our shit didn't spill out on the rest of the world, thank you.
    +2
    @Veho, didn't need any news. Just going to the store and buying groceries is a constant reminder.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    A reminder that all corporations reported record profits these last few years?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Reminded that every single price gouging law was blocked by republicans because "muh gubmint overreach"?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Won't somebody please think of the corporations?!?!
    Veho @ Veho: Won't somebody please think of the corporations?!?!