DS-Xtreme 16Gb officially announced

zalman

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Unless the "new" features include full GBA capability (from the slot-1), or a built-in homebrew web browser that kicks the ever-living-Hell out of Nintendo's, it's just not going to be worth it. It's truly the Macintosh of the DS scene ... in other words, an overpriced, flashy-looking device targeted at newbies too afraid to deal with removeable/upgradeable parts.
That's nonsense. Macs are a much better deal than the DS-Xtreme.

Sasuke-Guy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I think my M3Lite Perfect, R4DS and 2 1GB mSD cards still set me back less than 130. o_o

I wonder how they'll try and sell those "unrivaled" features.

M3 Lite perfect ALONE goes for over 100 bucks. I hate M3, never bought anything from them, the prices are crazy.

obviously anyone with a brain will choose R4 over this

To be honest I've stopped using my DS-Xtreme. I got pissed off with the long loading times and sluggish menus. The R4 is quick, cheap and cheerful and now has superior compatibility.
smile.gif
Plus it's easier to skin!
The same here. It takes DS-X around 10-15 seconds to just enter "apps" menu. Really awful. And the build quality is so bad that I'm kinda afraid that the card may fall apart in my hands, the plastic feels so thin.
only takes 3 secs with the preset directories
tongue.gif

jerry6185

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
From DS-Guru

"I'd like to take the opportunity and address a few keynotes given in this Press Release.

PLEASE NOTE
All additional information I write inhere regarding the press release is subject to change - I might be mistaken on one or the other thing.....

I will Update this thread tomorrow when I have final confirmation of my statements. Please take my input with a grain of salt

1) The better Compatibility

The better Compatiblity may mislead you into thinking that it has better Compatiblity then the 4Gb Model. While the compatiblity did improve, it's source lies within DS-Xtreme OS 1.1.1.

DS-Xtreme OS 1.1.1 will be available for the 4Gb Model too and this statement is mostly aimed to say:

"Better Compatiblity then devices from the Competition."

2) Faster Speeds

Faster Speeds is aimed at SD/MicroSD and generally DS Cartridges that come with removable storage using these cards. We did NOT improve the speed on a hardware level (wink wink, notice the hint here?) in comparision to the 4gb model.

3) Added Features

The "Added Features" is again in comparision to competition Cards. However, this does not mean that DS-XtremeOS 1.1.1 will not include new features

4) Conclusion

While a few points in our Announcement were not well put, the 16Gb model will boast the same features as the 4Gb model. The key difference is the size.

Most of the "hints" from this announcement are either in comparision to the competition or "sneak peaks" of DS-Xtreme OS 1.1.1 which will be available for both, the 4Gb (512 MegaByte) and the 16Gb (2 GigaByte) Model."

hopes this answers you questions, and oh yeah LOUSE76 since when is a usb cable a proprietary cable.

shaunj66

GBAtemp Administrator
OP
Administrator
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United Kingdom
The DS-X team are too bloody secretive if you ask me. They're always like this. I don't know why they have to be so hush hush about a device 90% of users use to pirate games with.

Just out with it, tell us what's coming and what we can expect from a $130 investment. And hurry up with some new firmwares.

thegame07

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
From DS-Guru

"I'd like to take the opportunity and address a few keynotes given in this Press Release.

PLEASE NOTE
All additional information I write inhere regarding the press release is subject to change - I might be mistaken on one or the other thing.....

I will Update this thread tomorrow when I have final confirmation of my statements. Please take my input with a grain of salt

1) The better Compatibility

The better Compatiblity may mislead you into thinking that it has better Compatiblity then the 4Gb Model. While the compatiblity did improve, it's source lies within DS-Xtreme OS 1.1.1.

DS-Xtreme OS 1.1.1 will be available for the 4Gb Model too and this statement is mostly aimed to say:

"Better Compatiblity then devices from the Competition."

2) Faster Speeds

Faster Speeds is aimed at SD/MicroSD and generally DS Cartridges that come with removable storage using these cards. We did NOT improve the speed on a hardware level (wink wink, notice the hint here?) in comparision to the 4gb model.

3) Added Features

The "Added Features" is again in comparision to competition Cards. However, this does not mean that DS-XtremeOS 1.1.1 will not include new features

4) Conclusion

While a few points in our Announcement were not well put, the 16Gb model will boast the same features as the 4Gb model. The key difference is the size.

Most of the "hints" from this announcement are either in comparision to the competition or "sneak peaks" of DS-Xtreme OS 1.1.1 which will be available for both, the 4Gb (512 MegaByte) and the 16Gb (2 GigaByte) Model."

hopes this answers you questions, and oh yeah LOUSE76 since when is a usb cable a proprietary cable.

i already posted this.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    light27 @ light27: oh it’s the least I could do +1