Gaming Ds player for Wii U Petition

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
...and how would one connect such an add-on to the WiiU? Via USB? Yeah, I'm sure Nintendo is just begging for someone to reverse-engineer that. As for the "great success" of the Game Boy Player... It didn't succeed at all. There's really no point - you can play DS games on a huge number of platforms as it is.

SolidSnake95

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm done. It's time to pack it up and leave, these petition's are getting outright ridiculous. As if the corporations ever listen to what we have to say.

orcid

Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
There are games that need to have the two screens next to each other (e.g. yoshis island). Nintendo will never publish any hardware when some games can`t be played perfectly. So there will never be a hardware solution.
After they published gba games as vc-games and when you can´t buy any handheld that plays ds cards, they wil probably start to publish selected ds games as vc-games.

trumpet-205

Embrace the darkness within
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
This idea just wouldn't work. Plenty DS games require both screen in proximity or it'll look/play awkward. So both screens need to be on either the TV itself (which is doable, but you lose touch screen), or WiiU pad (looks packed).

To give you further idea, try to play Wii version of Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles: Echoes of Time. This is what you'll get when both screens were displayed in proximity.

blaisedinsd

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It could just do both screens on the game pad and both screens on the TV.

There is no good reason to do bottom screen gamepad and top screen TV.

Make it configurable I guess. No one cares if the games look good or crappy on these types of things, just that they are playable.

It is time for something like this as well....skips a console

SNES had it
N64 didn't
Cube had it
Wii didn't
so Wii U should get it

Reactions: MAXLEMPIRA

rdurbin

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm done. It's time to pack it up and leave, these petition's are getting outright ridiculous. As if the corporations ever listen to what we have to say.

its worth a try and sometimes they do listen. For example Earthbound VC release for wii u, its was originally Japanese only until tons of people on miiverse requested it to be released in other regions, not exactly like a petition but somewhat close.

tbgtbg

Shaking the ring ropes up in the sky
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
...and how would one connect such an add-on to the WiiU? Via USB? Yeah, I'm sure Nintendo is just begging for someone to reverse-engineer that. As for the "great success" of the Game Boy Player... It didn't succeed at all. There's really no point - you can play DS games on a huge number of platforms as it is.

Not sure what you could do with a reverse engineered DS to USB dongle that wasn't already done by someone years and years ago by other means. But if such paranoia was the only issue, they could just use the USB for power and transmit data via bluetooth or whatever.

trumpet-205

Embrace the darkness within
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
You do have to consider that either Nintendo makes a 3DS player (but either you own 3D TV or play at 2D), or don't make one. Making a DS player that can't play 3DS games is pointless.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Xdqwerty, DKOldies is a scam.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    I've already seen a lot of videos about them, and people no longer care.
  • realtimesave @ realtimesave:
    @Xdqwerty that's ok tho if you ever needed another model they are only like 60-80 dollars on offerup. pretty cheap
    +2
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    eBay sells Xbox 360s for £30.
    I wonder if there's an hdmi adapter for the old model
    cos that jtag works pretty damn good
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, ik its a scam, thats why i mentioned it
    +1
    even though it is a system prone to rrod which it doesn't have
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I would not recommend 360 phat models anymore, slims are better, and RGH3 possible, phats only rgh1 or jtag
    +1
    ya but phat has ps2 chip in it :)
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    This is a great buying guide that I recommend.
    my rgh systems glitch pretty damn fast
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @BigOnYa, Except Winchester, which even to this day, is not moddable.
    +1
    now I'm trying to figure out PS4 modding.
    +1
    looks easy
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @realtimesave, It definitely did take a while for the PS4 to be fully hacked, much like the PS Vita.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Sony has announced that they will be using a non-x86 processor for their next-gen console.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Amazon fire sticks switching to a custom linuxOs instead of Android, sucks for 3rd party apks
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, is the red ring of death still common in phat xbox 360s?
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @BigOnYa, And Linux, regardless of its distro, is still easy to install 3rd-party modifications.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yes, phats are just a good heater for the winter months
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Xdqwerty, Yes, its only relatively common on early models.
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, then the chance of potentially me wanting to have a phat xbox 360 is -1%
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    If you have one, then chances are is that it needs a reballing of the chips.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: If you have one, then chances are is that it needs a reballing of the chips.