Gaming DS lite turns on then immediately off.

LooP403

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey, the DS Lite code of faults is.

Bottom screen flashes on then off = top screen fault.
Top screen flashes on then off = bottom screen fault.

Sometimes when you order new parts - a defective one could arrive, so if you still have the old bottom screen - try it on it.

Or check the ribbon is connected properly, it should be in a straight line.

Worst case scenario the connector could be damaged, (sometimes this can be caused by the DS getting wet, but i've also had a couple that had dodgy connectors without the console ever being wet)

So theoretically speaking if my bottom screen flashes, I can rip off the top screen to make it a GBA and it will work?

Asym3trical

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey, the DS Lite code of faults is.

Bottom screen flashes on then off = top screen fault.
Top screen flashes on then off = bottom screen fault.

Sometimes when you order new parts - a defective one could arrive, so if you still have the old bottom screen - try it on it.

Or check the ribbon is connected properly, it should be in a straight line.

Worst case scenario the connector could be damaged, (sometimes this can be caused by the DS getting wet, but i've also had a couple that had dodgy connectors without the console ever being wet)

this did the trick for me! I had this exact same issue. Drove me nuts. These ribbon cables are extremely unforgiving. The thick one going from the lower display to the motherboard has to be in FAR. I had to use a small flat head screw driver and keep pushing it in lithely on both sides of the ribben cable to get it in far enough.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: Spring is in the air. +1