Gaming DS lite Freezes on Settings Menu, Help!

sonictopfan

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I looked around and googled for about an hour but didn't find anyone having a similar problem so I'm posting it here hoping to get an answer, please feel free to move the topic or remove it if it breaks any violations.

So I was playing on my DS lite last night with my AceKard2i, I play with it a lot as I have a huge collection of Roms, and last night as I wanted to start a new file with WarioWare D.I.Y. I wanted to edit the date of the console to unlock the later episodes, only to find out a weird bug my DS lite has which didn't have before, I can't access the settings menu in my DS lite, every time I try the console freezes, same happens if I try to enter Game Download or Chat, I can enter everything else though, alarm clock, DS slot, GBA slot, even change the brightness, and using another game I can access the Wifi settings, but other than that it freezes, is there any solution for this issue? Thank you!

Coto

-
Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
have you tried installing FLASHME? It is a modified firmware for the stock DS lite. Also the Non-Volatile RAM (NVRAM) could be loose. (It is badged to the Wireless chip), which is removable.

sonictopfan

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
have you tried installing FLASHME? It is a modified firmware for the stock DS lite. Also the Non-Volatile RAM (NVRAM) could be loose. (It is badged to the Wireless chip), which is removable.
I never heard of FLASHME, what is that? Also what's NVRAM? Maybe I can try that!

VinsCool

Persona Secretiva Felineus
Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada
I never heard of FLASHME, what is that? Also what's NVRAM? Maybe I can try that!
FLASHME is a DS custom firmware which allow PASSME flashcard without a PASSKEY. NVRAM is a RAM chip, which could be loose, since it is removable.

sonictopfan

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
FLASHME is a DS custom firmware which allow PASSME flashcard without a PASSKEY. NVRAM is a RAM chip, which could be loose, since it is removable.
Sounds kinda risky, I don't want to replace my OFW with a CFW, and I don't know anything about fixing hardware, is there like a software that allows me to reset the factory settings or reinstall the OFW using a flashcard of some sort? Any easier way for a newbie like me.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: Looks like Link's Awakening was metaphorical.