Homebrew [DS(i)/3DS] TWiLight Menu++ - GUI for DS(i) games, and DS(i) Menu replacement

RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Aw shit. Why is there not a softmod that doesn't require DSiWare? The DSi Shop closed so how are we supposed to hack our consoles now? I know there's always a hardmod option but I'm rubbish at soldering, let alone microsoldering...
If you have Flipnote Studio, you can use that, but if not, then wait for a new exploit that doesn't require DSiWare.

Alex4nder001

Part-time thug
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
If you have Flipnote Studio, you can use that, but if not, then wait for a new exploit that doesn't require DSiWare.
I'm buying a DSi from CeX. It's a popular secondhand shop in the UK, and every console they sell is always updated and reset to factory settings (this means no DSiWare and no Flipnote Studio.

CitizenSal

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hello, According to the compability list black and white 2 works, however when i try launch the game it just leaves me on a white screen, what can i do to fix it? Plat and Heart Gold work fantastic so im puzzled about what to do. Do i need to AP patch the game myself rather than use a pre patched version of BW2?

Thanks for the help :)

RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello, According to the compability list black and white 2 works, however when i try launch the game it just leaves me on a white screen, what can i do to fix it? Plat and Heart Gold work fantastic so im puzzled about what to do. Do i need to AP patch the game myself rather than use a pre patched version of BW2?

Thanks for the help :)
Change the "Run in" setting in the settings screen to "DS mode".

Reactions: CitizenSal

3DZeek

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I love how this made my old dsi more loved. Is it possible to put box art and icons on gb/gbc games as i see it has a ? in the box art slot and a gb on the icon.

RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I love how this made my old dsi more loved. Is it possible to put box art and icons on gb/gbc games as i see it has a ? in the box art slot and a gb on the icon.
Yes. Place them in "sd:/_nds/TWiLightMenu/boxart", and name them "romname.ext.bmp".

3DZeek

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i must be doing something wrong I took a bmp that i use for another game named it romname.ext.bmp (romename being the game I want) and it will not show anything do i have to put the file extension on the name as well ex: game.gb.ext.bmp

Sylux90

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
i must be doing something wrong I took a bmp that i use for another game named it romname.ext.bmp (romename being the game I want) and it will not show anything do i have to put the file extension on the name as well ex: game.gb.ext.bmp

Yes, you must include the extension aswell. Try naming it game.gb.bmp

Last edited by Sylux90,

3DZeek

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
that worked thank you i think my confusion was the .ext part I messed up and put .ext not realizing it meant extension.

RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes, you must include the extension aswell. Try naming it game.gb.bmp
Yeah, that's what I meant. :P

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Yawn