Homebrew [DS(i)/3DS] TWiLight Menu++ - GUI for DS(i) games, and DS(i) Menu replacement

Instandhaltung

I feel it. I feel the cosmos!
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I mainly installed this because of the 133mhz mode, but now I am unsure if the mode is working, and I could not find an answer for my exact case:

I installed the DSiMenu++ on the SD Card of my DSi. The CFW is launching and i set the CPU Speed to 133mhz. Will this only have an impact on the games loaded with NDS Bootstrap? Or will Gamecards and games on my R4/DSTWO benefit from this?
(Setup in short: DSIMenu++ on SD Card of DSi, R4 and DSTWO Cards without DSiMenu++ installed, and I want to play games from the Flashcards with 133mhz)

Thanks for the answers!

RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I mainly installed this because of the 133mhz mode, but now I am unsure if the mode is working, and I could not find an answer for my exact case:

I installed the DSiMenu++ on the SD Card of my DSi. The CFW is launching and i set the CPU Speed to 133mhz. Will this only have an impact on the games loaded with NDS Bootstrap? Or will Gamecards and games on my R4/DSTWO benefit from this?
(Setup in short: DSIMenu++ on SD Card of DSi, R4 and DSTWO Cards without DSiMenu++ installed, and I want to play games from the Flashcards with 133mhz)

Thanks for the answers!
Both will use TWL clock speed, if set in the settings.

Reactions: Instandhaltung

Instandhaltung

I feel it. I feel the cosmos!
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Both will use TWL clock speed, if set in the settings.

Okay so I am rather clueless, because on both flashcards, games run with identical performance no matter which clockspeed I use. games with bad FPS (Trackmania Turbo) have the same slowdowns, and emulators have the exact same FPS on both settings. Am I missing something? I forgot to mention that I am using Hiya and DSiMenu++ "on top" (rather nooby so excuse the weird tech language ;))

RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay so I am rather clueless, because on both flashcards, games run with identical performance no matter which clockspeed I use. games with bad FPS (Trackmania Turbo) have the same slowdowns, and emulators have the exact same FPS on both settings. Am I missing something? I forgot to mention that I am using Hiya and DSiMenu++ "on top" (rather nooby so excuse the weird tech language ;))
Just tried it myself. Must've missed something.
I should be able to fix this in the next version.

Reactions: Instandhaltung

RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
DSiMenu++ v5.4.1

What's new?
  • "bootcode.dsi" is now provided, if you want to boot into DSiMenu++ faster, and/or if you're getting a white screen from HiyaCFW.
    However, you'll lose the ability to use reboot method of Slot-1 launching, and to launch DSiWare with .launcharg extension.
    Also, please set Bootstrap to Nightly, and make sure you have latest Unlaunch version (1.3, as of this release).
Bug fix
  • TWL clock speed now works with DS carts/flashcards.

dragonkn

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Azerbaijan
TWL clock speed now works with DS carts/flashcards.

Does it mean that "TWL Clock speed" works with R4igold plus? I have an old 3ds xl. if so how to configure it? I tried to change "BOOST_CPU = 1" but it looks like it does not work.

BTW Do i need to install some gamebooter cias?

Last edited by dragonkn,

veggav

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
So, the only DS flash cartridge I own is the gateway blue card and if nothing has changed it can't "save".
Can't save what? Game progress?

Isn't DSi Menu supposed to be about loading games from SD card?
So saves aren't redirected to the SD card, is that it?

I was hoping I could finally play some DSi games on my Nintendo DSi, so this is only possible with other flash cartridges?
Can you recommend me one to get?

Memfis

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Is it possible in integrate a function to restart a rom, without exit DSIMenu++? Would be nice. For example you can use RZ or LZ button (they aren't used, because they didn't exist on NDS)

RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
TWL clock speed now works with DS carts/flashcards.

Does it mean that "TWL Clock speed" works with R4igold plus? I have an old 3ds xl. if so how to configure it? I tried to change "BOOST_CPU = 1" but it looks like it does not work.
Just set TWL clock speed in the settings.
BTW Do i need to install some gamebooter cias?
Yes. There's only one.
So, the only DS flash cartridge I own is the gateway blue card and if nothing has changed it can't "save".
Can't save what? Game progress?

Isn't DSi Menu supposed to be about loading games from SD card?
So saves aren't redirected to the SD card, is that it?

I was hoping I could finally play some DSi games on my Nintendo DSi, so this is only possible with other flash cartridges?
Can you recommend me one to get?
If the games are on a flashcard, then it will save to the flashcard.
An old version of the Wood firmware is used for ROM loading on the Gateway Blue Card, since it was the only version that worked on the card with .nds autobooting.
Turns out it was so old, that games cannot save.

If you have Flipnote Studio, then follow this guide to play ROMs from the SD card.

Chickengames

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes. Just name them to the same filename as your ROMs, but with ".sav" instead of ".nds".
Sick, thanks

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Yes. Just name them to the same filename as your ROMs, but with ".sav" instead of ".nds".
I actually just tried this with a lego batman game and its not showing up. The file names are the same and they're in the same folder.

Xavy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Guatemala
World ends with you does not work with dsimenu++ Robz8 has already previously commented on this saying it will be fixed at some point. Zelda spirit tracks needs to be patched by yourself to remove the games ap. After that it will work fine.
Someone have the patched ROM? I try everything and nothing works :c

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Nah, a hit gives them mad meth powers, but makes them more difficult to control.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Before a hit they're like zombies, persistent but slow.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's a tradeoff.
    +1
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    no i mean, before a hit is after the previous hit
    +1
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    if you keep them well enough fed, it's the same thing
    +1
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    By the power of Florida Man, I have the power!!! *Lifts up meth pipe* Meth Man!!! lol
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    Guys, I just learned my little brother is in the hospital because he had a seizure last night.
  • cearp @ cearp:
    Sorry to hear that BakerMan
    +2
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    Just found out he's doing alright, doing a lot of complaining too, rightfully so. Who wouldn't complain after having a seizure and being hospitalized?
    +1
    Glad he is OK and complaining is cool :)
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Yeah been there had that no fun
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    They'll give him sleep studies eegs and possibly one week hospital stay
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    I hope it's not a week.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It's standard so doctors can get a idea about what's going on
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    understood
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    well, i'm glad he seems to be doing fine, and ig i'm going to start spewing goofy shit again
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    Update: Turns out he's epileptic
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Get a 2nd opinion run mris etc they told me that also
    Also a food allergy study would be a good idea
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Turns out you can't sprinkle methamphetamine on McDonald's French fries
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    they wouldn't be called french fries at that point
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    Probably just meth fries