Homebrew [DS(i)/3DS] TWiLight Menu++ - GUI for DS(i) games, and DS(i) Menu replacement

sion_zaphod

Ex-Galactic President; confidence trickster; etc
Trophies
XP
Country
The new bootstrap does not fix the touch screen issue on 3ds FACT. Also breaks the touch screen on dsi go figure. 3DS users stick with TWLoader for now and DSI users stick with the last bootstrap ver with either SRLoader or DSimenu++. Back to the drawing board (debug/JSP/pseudocode). Bugs in early releases are to be expected but maybe get a user consensus before release or upgrade. Please keep up the awesome work!

VashTS

Beat it, son
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
dang i just read these last couple replies now, i updated a few minutes ago.

guess i have to revert :(

this looks promising though, i hope it works 100% on 3ds soon. i can't get it to load and i broke my forwarders.

zomgugoff

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If anyone is still dealing with games just rebooting them to the DSI menu with quick-start off, if you are using the unofficial bootstrap, this is going to happen. It doesn't appear to happen on official, at least, with the last release.

EPgrouch

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If anyone is still dealing with games just rebooting them to the DSI menu with quick-start off, if you are using the unofficial bootstrap, this is going to happen. It doesn't appear to happen on official, at least, with the last release.
this should be added to the first post.

FailedShack

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Using the latest version of DSiMenu++ and NDSBootstrap I just get sent to the home menu when launching games on O3DS with fastboot3ds.

RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The new bootstrap does not fix the touch screen issue on 3ds FACT. Also breaks the touch screen on dsi go figure. 3DS users stick with TWLoader for now and DSI users stick with the last bootstrap ver with either SRLoader or DSimenu++. Back to the drawing board (debug/JSP/pseudocode). Bugs in early releases are to be expected but maybe get a user consensus before release or upgrade. Please keep up the awesome work!
I would not say something that isn't true. The new bootstrap does fix the touch screen issue with the quick-start ROM option. I always test stuff before I release them.
You have to go into settings, then exit, if touch isn't working for you. That issue will be fixed in the next DSiMenu++ version.

EDIT: If this doesn't work, try re-downloading the latest bootstrap, as the SDK5 build is now bundled for SDK5 games.

Last edited by RocketRobz,
Reactions: AkikoKumagara

piratesephiroth

I wish I could read
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I would not say something that isn't true. The new bootstrap does fix the touch screen issue with the quick-start ROM option. I always test stuff before I release them.
You have to go into settings, then exit, if touch isn't working for you.
Didn't fix it here. The only difference is that before it would think I stopped touching the screen everytime I entered sleep mode. Now it ignores that but I can't be sure if it's always thinking it's pressed or not.

RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Didn't fix it here. The only difference is that before it would think I stopped touching the screen everytime I entered sleep mode. Now it ignores that but I can't be sure if it's always thinking it's pressed or not.
Try re-downloading the latest bootstrap. The SDK5 build is now included.

sion_zaphod

Trophies
XP
Country
Current state of whats working and whats not

DSiMenu ++ on DSi / DSiMenu++ Launcher 3DS nds-bootstrap v0.8.1

DSi quick-start enabled - Boots (takes ages to load) no touch screen input and no background music
DSi quick-start disabled - Boots (seems quicker) touch input seems to work (Apologies for the earlier comment I hadn't tried disabling quick-start until now) background music plays
3DS quick-start enabled - Boots no touch screen input background music plays
3DS quick-start disabled - Returns to 3DS menu every time

TWLoader Ver 6.6.4 nds-bootstrap v0.8.1
3DS - Boots touch input seems to work and background music plays

All tested with Mario Kart DS

Hope that is more informative

sion_zaphod

Trophies
XP
Country
release-bootstrap.nds - 922CD6797A60F03C5EC86FB9B9CF57D7
release-bootstrap-sdk5.nds - 3EBCA8E5927EFD37E5489CA0B898440A
release-dsi-bootstrap.nds - CC008DA62076BEBDAA145B34F4EB77CF
release-dsi-bootstrap-sdk5.nds - 5292CBD769F35B5A02201B708305E83B

RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
release-bootstrap.nds - 922CD6797A60F03C5EC86FB9B9CF57D7
release-bootstrap-sdk5.nds - 3EBCA8E5927EFD37E5489CA0B898440A
release-dsi-bootstrap.nds - CC008DA62076BEBDAA145B34F4EB77CF
release-dsi-bootstrap-sdk5.nds - 5292CBD769F35B5A02201B708305E83B
Hmm, they're correct.
Weird. Try deleting your "nds-bootstrap.ini" file, then go to DSiMenu++ settings, then exit back to ROM menu.

Last edited by RocketRobz,
Reactions: sion_zaphod

sion_zaphod

Trophies
XP
Country
WTF delted the ini file then went into settings (settings menu was really dark so exited then returned to settings and it was light again). Tried Mario Kart DS with quick start. Boots straight up touchscreen working. Haven't tried DSi yet. That is so weird. Could TWLoader be responsible for messing with the ini file?

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Thanks BTW

RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
WTF delted the ini file then went into settings (settings menu was really dark so exited then returned to settings and it was light again). Tried Mario Kart DS with quick start. Boots straight up touchscreen working. Haven't tried DSi yet. That is so weird. Could TWLoader be responsible for messing with the ini file?
Seems so.
Thanks BTW
You're welcome!

Mark McDonut

GBATemp's Resident Ghostbuster
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey I read through the FAQ and instructions but wasn't sure about these dsiware argv files named after the dsi system apps, are these able to be ran on a 3ds using DSiMenu++ or are these for hiya/DSi?

I have them in the folder in _nds/dsimenuplusplus/dsiware with the 2 argv files (DS Download Play and Pictochat) that were in there, and I chose the U ones for my USA region.

Thanks in advance!

Last edited by Mark McDonut,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/rI5IRxpcwDk?si=g8PPkbkjsSuwpjZW +1