Homebrew [DS(i)/3DS] TWiLight Menu++ - GUI for DS(i) games, and DS(i) Menu replacement

BatIron

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
GBARunner2 has also deleted... Something on my SD card that is not allowing my SDNAND to boot. Recovered boothis.dsi and boothis.pub which were the obvious files I saw missing, but I'll have to look into it more later to see what essential files are gone.
That that happened to me you need Recuva to recover the sav or the games

bobrocks95

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That that happened to me you need Recuva to recover the sav or the games

Not quite sure what you mean. My roms and saves are fine, some essential CFW files were deleted somehow.

EDIT: I tried to copy the Hiya files back over to the SD card from a download and now I can't even get past the unlaunch splash screen when I have no SD card in. Can anyone help?
EDIT2: Fixed it by deleting Hiya's settings file. Phew. Not gonna touch GBARunner2 for a while.

Last edited by bobrocks95,

AlexTCGPro

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Uruguay
Just updated to latest version, some notes:

I'm unable to see all my previous dsiware games. Pressing down does nothing.
The theme really screws its colors after rebooting from a game (lightly tapping power button to return to DSiMenu).
Doing the previous thing while playing Mario Kart takes you to HiyaCFW instead of DSiMenu.
Trying to do the same while playing any Nes game crashes the console and a hard boot is required.
The touch screen menu doesn't work in any Nes game.
I was unable to use GBARunner at all but I was able to previously.

Everything else seem to be working perfectly. Can I already create a language file for DSiMenu?

RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just updated to latest version, some notes:

I'm unable to see all my previous dsiware games. Pressing down does nothing.
That's normal. You can only load .nds DSiWare now.
The theme really screws its colors after rebooting from a game (lightly tapping power button to return to DSiMenu).
Occasional bug.
Doing the previous thing while playing Mario Kart takes you to HiyaCFW instead of DSiMenu.
Another occasional bug.
Trying to do the same while playing any Nes game crashes the console and a hard boot is required.
Make sure you have DSiMenu++'s "boot.nds" on the SD root.
The touch screen menu doesn't work in any Nes game.
That's been a problem for a while. It is unknown if it will be fixed.
I was unable to use GBARunner at all but I was able to previously.
What the issue, exactly?

Everything else seem to be working perfectly. Can I already create a language file for DSiMenu?
What do you mean?

AlexTCGPro

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Uruguay
Oh, thanks for replying so fast, regarding DSiware, should I just rename the files and move them somewhere else?
I'll try adding the boot file.
GBARunner just says "DSI 3DS sd card", some gibberish and gets stuck there for a while, then DSI changes to BINF and everything else remains the same. I don't really mind since it was pretty unstable to begin with.
The last part, I meant if I can translate DSiMenu to other language as it seems to be only in english?

Quick note: launching DSiMenu through Sudokuhax fixes the touchscreen (tried it in another DSi)

Last edited by AlexTCGPro,

RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh, thanks for replying so fast, regarding DSiware, should I just rename the files and move them somewhere else?
No.
Download appgen (by jerbear64), place in "/title/00030004" and run it.
I'll try adding the boot file.
GBARunner just says "DSI 3DS sd card", some gibberish and gets stuck there for a while, then DSI changes to BINF and everything else remains the same. I don't really mind since it was pretty unstable to begin with.
Make sure you have "bios.bin" on the SD root.
The last part, I meant if I can translate DSiMenu to other language as it seems to be only in english?
You can.
Put the translated text in a .txt file, and I'll save them for DSiMenu++.

sion_zaphod

Ex-Galactic President; confidence trickster; etc
Trophies
XP
Country
Touch input works fine for me.
What region is your DSi?

My DSi is eur region. If the games i mentioned worked fine with the argv method and now suddenly don't logically it means the new method broke something. I have tried different roms thinking it might be a problem with that but still no touch input on those games. I have used the appgen program to convert(rename) the already working app files to nds but exactly the same behaviour. Wario touched seems to work until I touch the screen then the sound goes off and I cannot do anything no touch input working (and yes all games except ones i have mentioned work with touch input). Can anyone confirm those games working? Oh and I'm talking about the dsiware version of wario touched not the ds version

Last edited by sion_zaphod,

ZeroXoreZ

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
Hello! I have downloaded some dsiware on my console but when i play it on the dsimenu++ it dosent work! I only get a white screen... So when i'm going to look the problem on my sd card the game on the sd card has dissaperd! But in dsimenu++ it is there! Please help! Ps. Sorry if my english is bad xD

KyoIsHacking

Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
I Dumped my game WarioWare D.I.Y. (EUR) and tried to run it in DSiMenu++, both the trim.nds and the .nds version but it always gives me this:
EDIT: trying to run it on a New 3DS XL (EUR too) if that matters.

Last edited by KyoIsHacking,

AmandaRose

Do what I do. Hold tight and pretend it’s a plan
Trophies
Website
www.rockstarnorth.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Yes it may have worked on a older version of dsimenu++ but as the nature of such things as problems are solved other things break

And that is why compatability lists are
pointless lol until a final version of a programme comes out.

RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello! I have downloaded some dsiware on my console but when i play it on the dsimenu++ it dosent work! I only get a white screen... So when i'm going to look the problem on my sd card the game on the sd card has dissaperd! But in dsimenu++ it is there! Please help! Ps. Sorry if my english is bad xD
DSiMenu++ renames the launched DSiWare .nds file in order for Unlaunch to boot it, it'll be on the SD card as "bootthis.dsi".
When you're at the ROM menu, it'll be renamed from "bootthis.dsi" back to it's original filename.

siamese

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
after updating to 5.0.0 my flashcard gives to white screens running from DsiMenu++

tarjeta-r4-sdhc-dual-core-2013_mlm-o-4235647299_042013-jpg.3241

is there something i can do (besides buying a new flashcard) to make it work again?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/W-k8itKhZzE?si=x1FjAoq74Jv0TAUx +1