Homebrew [DS(i)/3DS] TWiLight Menu++ - GUI for DS(i) games, and DS(i) Menu replacement

Pk11

A catgirl with a DSi
Trophies
Website
xn--rck9c.xn--tckwe
XP
Country
United States
@RocketRobz in your update you wrote that there is a new splash (Mario Themed), how do i get this to work, i do not find the "setting" for it?

thx for your continusly work :)
Set the date to March 10th (MAR10 day), it's just an easter egg for that day, not a setting.

RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is there a sleep mode (while in Twilight menu)? :)
When I close the lid, console doesn't turn off screens and audio.
It only doesn't work in the DSi, 3DS, Saturn, and HBL themes, due to a (currently) unfixable bug caused by sleep mode. It works elsewhere though.

Last edited by RocketRobz,

Doux91

Trophies
XP
Country
Honduras
neo geo support? I remember twilight menu had neods emulator, but now its not, I tried to run neods with twilight menu but it does not work "no banking needed" thats the issue, but neods works perfectly in r4

RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
neo geo support? I remember twilight menu had neods emulator, but now its not, I tried to run neods with twilight menu but it does not work "no banking needed" thats the issue, but neods works perfectly in r4
TWiLight Menu++ never had a Neo Geo emulator bundled. It only has one for Neo Geo Pocket.

Reactions: Tarmfot and Doux91

Peeteris

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Twilight menu is for DSi and 3DS/2DS, on a DS Lite just use a flashcard. If you need the firmware there is a different threat for that.
It's also for flashcards, otherwise it wouldn't be an option to install Twilightmenu on flashcards.
Nevertheless, I'm using it with flashard and it works great (I love unified design, autoboot and emulators). The only disappointment is NDS-boostrap.

Doux91

Trophies
XP
Country
Honduras
It's also for flashcards, otherwise it wouldn't be an option to install Twilightmenu on flashcards.
Nevertheless, I'm using it with flashard and it works great (I love unified design, autoboot and emulators). The only disappointment is NDS-boostrap.
You could use r4 kernel for load nds games, you could disable ndsbootstrap if you want and twilight menu will use flashcard kernel for load games

Reactions: Tarmfot

onionfaerie

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Whenever I try to boot up pokemon white/white 2 or pokemon black/black 2 ( I've downloaded multiple ROMs for all 4) it doesn't work and just goes to a white screen. I have no idea how to fix this. I'm on a dsi. no matter how many different ROMs I download, I can never load this game.

Pk11

A catgirl with a DSi
Trophies
Website
xn--rck9c.xn--tckwe
XP
Country
United States
Whenever I try to boot up pokemon white/white 2 or pokemon black/black 2 ( I've downloaded multiple ROMs for all 4) it doesn't work and just goes to a white screen. I have no idea how to fix this. I'm on a dsi. no matter how many different ROMs I download, I can never load this game.
Make sure your SD card is formatted using 32 KB clusters, Pokémon G5 are super slow on anything lower. Maybe also check the checksums against no-intro's, Pokémon G5 have a lot of bad dumps floating around due to being DSi enhanced.

Reactions: godreborn

dreamcasthime

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Actually just checked this thread over BW2 as well. What's interesting is I can get them to load vanilla but if I try to apply the Volt/Blaze Redux romhack patches they stop working on both flashcart and twilight menu (DSi) despite the AP not being an issue for most others that have tried it and I'm not sure what else it'd be cus I've already properly formatted. Maybe not the place to ask about this but I'm at a loss and don't know what to try anymore.

RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Actually just checked this thread over BW2 as well. What's interesting is I can get them to load vanilla but if I try to apply the Volt/Blaze Redux romhack patches they stop working on both flashcart and twilight menu (DSi) despite the AP not being an issue for most others that have tried it and I'm not sure what else it'd be cus I've already properly formatted. Maybe not the place to ask about this but I'm at a loss and don't know what to try anymore.
Have you tried switching the "Run in" setting to "DS mode" in the per-game settings menu?

Updates

RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
v24.3.0

Includes nds-bootstrap v0.55.2

What's new?
  • (@lmazet) Added Amstrad CPC to TWLMenu++ Virtual Console!
    • This has only been tested on flashcards.
  • The DSi binary message is now displayed before the Donor ROM message, when running via DSiWarehax (such as Memory Pit, Flipnote Lenny, etc.), and if the DSi binaries are missing from a DSi-Enhanced ROM.
  • (@Pk11) Swapped 1st and 2nd banner lines, in order for Unlaunch to display which .srldr files are which, without looking at the bottom screen.
  • (@Pk11) To save a couple of MB (megabytes), all bundled skins has been removed.
Improvement
  • With the release of Pokémon Blaze Black 2 Redux & Pokémon Volt White 2 Redux, which cannot boot in DSi mode, the DSi binary check has been improved further.
Bug fixes
  • RTC fix has been ported from nds-bootstrap, when running Slot-1 cartridges.
  • Fixed Error 1 when launching Slot-1 game in widescreen or through the Last-run ROM title.
  • (@lifehackerhansol) Fixed R4iDSN autoboot and flashcart loaders.
  • (@lifehackerhansol) Fixed Ace3DS+ autoboot.
  • 3DS theme: Fixed rotating cubes sometimes not disappearing before displaying box art.
  • Fixed SD writes causing random lockups.
    • This has not been fully tested, so there's a very low chance that lockups will still occur.
  • Fixed nds-bootstrap-specific per-game settings not saving for DSi-Enhanced/Exclusive titles, if nds-bootstrap is turned off for flashcards.
  • Fixed nds-bootstrap settings not saving, if running from flashcard with SCFG enabled.
  • Photo/box art color de-band has been defaulted to off to fix black lines appearing.
    • If you installed a TWLMenu++ version before this one, you'll need to manually turn it off, if you want to remove the black lines.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: Is Janet Jackson alive?