Homebrew [DS(i)/3DS] TWiLight Menu++ - GUI for DS(i) games, and DS(i) Menu replacement

Updates

RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
v24.0.0: Valentine's Day Release

Includes nds-bootstrap v0.54.0

Happy Valentine's Day! Here's a new version of TWiLight Menu++ filled with sweet new features!

What's new?
  • (@banjo2) Added Ermii Kart DS: Legacy Edition and CTGP Nitro 1.0.0 widescreen patches.
  • New valentine-themed background for the TWLMenu++ splash screen!
  • The `WiFi` setting is now shown on 3DS consoles.
  • DSi consoles:You can now change the Power LED color to purple!
    • In addition, depending on the theme, the battery icon color will change as well.
  • To cut down on wait times, the maximum limit of found files/folders (even those not displayed) is now 320.
  • DSi(Ware) SDK5.0 Donor ROM is now set separate from the SDK5.x one.
    • SDK5.0 ROM is required for Nintendo DSi Camera to run in general DSiWarehax.
  • The `.ngc` (Neo-Geo Color) filetype is now supported.
  • SNEmulDS is now updated! An on-the-fly generated RAM disk by nds-bootstrap is no longer used to run SNES games!
  • (@Pk11) Added GBA game detection in DS Classic Menu.
  • (@Pk11) DSi/3DS/HBL themes: Progress bar is now shown while preparing music.
  • (@lifehackerhansol) Added Ace3DS+ (and clones), R4iTT 3DS flashcart loaders.
  • (@lifehackerhansol) Added M3 DS Real and iTouchDS autoboot.
  • In order to free up some space, the DS Classic music has been removed.
    • In case you miss it later on, it can be re-added to the DSi theme's folder as a custom music option. Download
Improvement
  • Donor ROM messages have been reworked.
Bug fixes
  • Disabling the `WiFi` setting should now work properly, with the console unable to search for internet access points, as well as fixing the communication error in Gen 4 Pokemon games, for those with a broken or incorrectly-seated WiFi card.
  • Fixed `Use ROM Region` setting not being overridden if region is set in per-game settings.
  • OpenLara now boots in native GBA mode.
  • (@Pk11) If music conversion failed, it will now be redone on reboot.
  • (@lifehackerhansol) Fixed booter_fc poweroff fail on DS.
  • (@Pk11) Fixed SD inserted check.
  • In the per-game settings, `USA` text is now shown, if TID ends with `O`.
Known bug
  • The random crashes related to SD writes (notably when launching games with ESRB splash enabled or when exiting settings) have not been fixed. This does not occur on flashcards.

Last edited by RocketRobz,

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
The latest version has a bit of an issue. Opening the settings and closing the settings just results in a white screen and nothing else.
New3DS
Latest (Valentine's day release)
Theme: Nintendo DSi Dark
Steps to replicate, just open the TWLMenu settings and close them, get a white screen
I tested with the 3DS theme as well and got the same thing
This could not be replicated with the flashcart version

RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The latest version has a bit of an issue. Opening the settings and closing the settings just results in a white screen and nothing else.
New3DS
Steps to replicate, just open the TWLMenu settings and close them, get a white screen
That issue is related to the random SD write code crashes, as already listed.

Reactions: The Catboy

The Catboy

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
That issue is related to the random SD write code, as already listed.
Ah, glad it’s known already
F8735973-F2F2-42F4-A3E8-10E4256CDE56.gif

The Catboy

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
At the very least, the settings save. It's just inconvenient to have to reboot the whole system, though.
Yeah, to be fair, I literally never actually mess with the settings under normal circumstances. This time I was doing some personal testing and happened into it before Rob even posted that comment. I noticed it updated updated on GitHub like 20 minutes before it was posted here and immediately went for it

AndreOtani

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
New3DS
I have the same problem when I close the manual.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
it's a known issue. I have the same problem (just updated earlier), and only the 3ds has the problem, which I think it says that a flash cart doesn't have this problem. I have twilight menu++ on both the ds and the 3ds with the ds using a flash cart, the 3ds not. no issues on the ds, and that's the only issue with the 3ds that I could find.

The Catboy

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Reactions: AndreOtani

LAA

Trophies
XP
Country
So I recently bought a DSi XL, hacked it using the DSi CFW guide, got Twilight Menu++ installed and set up, but it seems the on the fly AP patching doesn't seem to be always working, at least I'm suspecting that is the case.
For example, Kingdom Hearts 358/2 days will freeze after the first in-game cutscene with a red screen with dots on the bottom screen when starting a new game, similar to this image:
ymlfy98bz8f81.jpg

If I load my save instead, it just loads to a black screen and freezes.

Tried dumping my own ROM from my original copy, downloading others, but same thing.

If anyone has any advice I'd greatly appreciate it!

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I recently bought a DSi XL, hacked it using the DSi CFW guide, got Twilight Menu++ installed and set up, but it seems the on the fly AP patching doesn't seem to be always working, at least I'm suspecting that is the case.
For example, Kingdom Hearts 358/2 days will freeze after the first in-game cutscene with a red screen with dots on the bottom screen when starting a new game, similar to this image:
ymlfy98bz8f81.jpg

Tried dumping my own ROM from my original copy, downloading others, but same thing.

wasn't sure what you meant by "first cutscene" if you meant the intro or the cutscene after that, but I got to day 8, after both, with no problems on the ds lite. save works fine as well. I didn't even know this game had ap as I had never played it before just now, thought I'd check it for you:

20220216_111050.jpg

Reactions: Zense and Tarmfot

LAA

Trophies
XP
Country
wasn't sure what you meant by "first cutscene" if you meant the intro or the cutscene after that, but I got to day 8, after both, with no problems on the ds lite. save works fine as well. I didn't even know this game had ap as I had never played it before just now, thought I'd check it for you:

View attachment 298368
Thanks for checking, but yeah I meant after the first in-game cutscene you see with Roxas on his bed.
Not sure if it's something to do with being on the DSi theme in Twilight menu and simply using a DSi XL.

Reactions: godreborn

RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ymlfy98bz8f81.jpg

No issues here, using a DSi XL. Make sure TWiLight Menu++ and nds-bootstrap are up to date. Check by going into TWLMenu++ Settings.
If they're already on the latest, is the issue fixed when using a manually AP-patched ROM?

Reactions: godreborn

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I couldn't tell you if my rom is ap patched already as it wouldn't have been done by me. I've had the game for a very long time, so it may be the normal rom with ap patch. works fine for me as well.

LAA

Trophies
XP
Country
No issues here, using a DSi XL. Make sure TWiLight Menu++ and nds-bootstrap are up to date. Check by going into TWLMenu++ Settings.
If they're already on the latest, is the issue fixed when using a manually AP-patched ROM?
Mine are both on latest, TWilight Menu++ is set to v24.0.0, nds-bootsrap is set to 0.54.0.
I haven't tried a manually AP-patched rom yet, I'll try it now, but I thought it should still work even if it was clean with the on the fly AP patching?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars:
    I do most of my grocery shopping there
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    [looks at what you just said, and then looks at you] :O:ohnoes::rofl2::rofl2::rofl2::rofl2::rofl2:
    Most Walmart shoppers don't go to Target because they're too triggered over displays of things they won't be buying anyway.
    +1
    I am not a karen, i am not maga, not severely mentally ill and not on meds, not 300 lbs, not missing all of my teeth, dont wear a bikini. Soooo. okay?
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I mean if saving $2 on milk is saving $2 I'm buying it at Walmart
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I go in don't cause a fuss and leave usually no problems
    :unsure::unsure::unsure::O:ohnoes: [goes to take my meds] :shy:
    A million and one things in this world catered to straight men and women. God forbid there's a display for lgbtq merch. How about walking past it if a person is not interested? Uh uh!!! Better watch out for those Satanic rainbows!!! lmao. MAGA crack me up.
    +1
    Right. I save $ getting grocers at walmart. So I continue to go.
    $2 on milk is great, imagine how much is saved when getting an entire cartful... vs the prices at my local ripoff grocery store.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Though I've been going to Aldis more often better lunch meat
    +2
    Is it worth it Gas wise? Length of travel.
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    lgbqt products
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I got 3 stores all within half a mile and a gas station in that same area so it's worth it
    +1
    LGBTQIA+ Products :D
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Not the gay ride lunch meat :ohnoes:
    Walmart is an 60 mile round trip for me, and yes, I still spend less even after the gas cost. :) I dont go there just for milk. I do 2 big hauls a month, fill the cart up.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Gay Ride™ at a Walmart near you
    +1
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    lol GBAtemp mentioned in the latest Bringus Studios video
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    never heard of that developer
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @Sicklyboy, was my anti hate trolling shitbox messages recorded
    :O Holy Cow 60 Miles !