Homebrew [DS(i)/3DS] TWiLight Menu++ - GUI for DS(i) games, and DS(i) Menu replacement

Kyle_w

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
QUOTE="Robz8, "]The bug is normal in the current release. The nightly fixes the bug.[/QUOTE

Gotcha, just for troubleshooting, the three files in the nds-booststrap.7z that I overwrote on a current release SD should have been enough or should I also download and update the whole TWL release with the TWiLightMenu-DSi.7z file there?
Also, setting the game to run with the nightly on the per-game option should be enough?
Thanks!

Reactions: banjo2

RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Gotcha, just for troubleshooting, the three files in the nds-booststrap.7z that I overwrote on a current release SD should have been enough or should I also download and update the whole TWL release with the TWiLightMenu-DSi.7z file there?
Yes, the nds-bootstrap files are enough.
Also, setting the game to run with the nightly on the per-game option should be enough?
Thanks!
Yes.

Vorcray

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
So I've updated Twilight Menu to the latest version and I tried to play (on the 3DS), using CFW, Chrono Trigger NDS but when I boot it up it just freezes in a white screen after the "nds-bootsrap" loading screen. I have tried delete the game, change it's region from EUR to USA and try diffrent downloads but to no avail. What is weird is that it only happens to this specific game, while the others work just fine and even some that I downloaded recently after the update also work fine. If you have some idea as to why this is happening and can help me I'd be grateful.

RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I've updated Twilight Menu to the latest version and I tried to play (on the 3DS), using CFW, Chrono Trigger NDS but when I boot it up it just freezes in a white screen after the "nds-bootsrap" loading screen. I have tried delete the game, change it's region from EUR to USA and try diffrent downloads but to no avail. What is weird is that it only happens to this specific game, while the others work just fine and even some that I downloaded recently after the update also work fine. If you have some idea as to why this is happening and can help me I'd be grateful.
The latest version broke some game compatibility, so try updating nds-bootstrap to latest nightly, and set it to nightly for that game.

Vorcray

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
The latest version broke some game compatibility, so try updating nds-bootstrap to latest nightly, and set it to nightly for that game.

Thanks for the answer man. It still doesn't work, even after I did what you told me. It still crashes in a white screen. Do you reckon I should install the game again, or do something else?
Btw this was the last game I played before the update, if it is worth mentioning.

Last edited by Vorcray,

RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for the answer man. It still doesn't work, even after I did what you told me. It still crashes in a white screen. Do you reckon I should install the game again, or do something else?
Btw this was the last game I played before the update, if it is worth mentioning.
Just wait for a fix.

Baromo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Hi! I have some questions about using gba native mode.
If I read correctly, it's now possible to run gba games natively (instead of using gbarunner2) with slot 2 card like the supercard sd mini. How is the compatibility for most common games like Pokemon? Can it also work for romhacks (like Radical Red or Unbound?)

Also, I will soon have an Ace3ds plus (which runs wood): will it be compatible with Twilight Menu and thus gba native mode?

I know my best bet would probably be to just buy a ez flash omega definitive edition or everdrive but at the moment, I can't afford those flashcarts. I saw supercard sd mini is much much cheaper so I was thinking it may be a good alternative for my ds lite. What do you think?

Thanks!

RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi! I have some questions about using gba native mode.
If I read correctly, it's now possible to run gba games natively (instead of using gbarunner2) with slot 2 card like the supercard sd mini. How is the compatibility for most common games like Pokemon? Can it also work for romhacks (like Radical Red or Unbound?)

Also, I will soon have an Ace3ds plus (which runs wood): will it be compatible with Twilight Menu and thus gba native mode?

I know my best bet would probably be to just buy a ez flash omega definitive edition or everdrive but at the moment, I can't afford those flashcarts. I saw supercard sd mini is much much cheaper so I was thinking it may be a good alternative for my ds lite. What do you think?

Thanks!
Yes. TWiLight Menu++ should work on your flashcard.
Most GBA games should work fine.

Drezan

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello. I have a bit of a problem with TWiLight Menu++. I downloaded the Chrono Trigger DS Rom and changed it from NDS file to CIA file and installed it to my 3ds. Whenever I run it through TWLight Menu++ it runs the bootstrapper and goes to a white screen. I've had my 3ds sit for several minutes and it never started. Chrono Trigger is the only game I've had this problem with. Any advice?

Reactions: Vorcray

RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello. I have a bit of a problem with TWiLight Menu++. I downloaded the Chrono Trigger DS Rom and changed it from NDS file to CIA file and installed it to my 3ds. Whenever I run it through TWLight Menu++ it runs the bootstrapper and goes to a white screen. I've had my 3ds sit for several minutes and it never started. Chrono Trigger is the only game I've had this problem with. Any advice?
Wait for the next nds-bootstrap version for a fix.

Pixely_Pal

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi! New the forums and not to be a bother but may I ask a question? First off amazing piece of work Twilight Menu++ is!

So my question, I've been trying to play Digimon Story: Lost Evolution but for some reason it's freezes very often. Opening the menu, getting out of battles, room transitions and heck can't proceed as one cutscene always freezes. My apologies if this isn't the place to ask but is there any way of remedying this? I'm pretty sure I'm on the most up to date Twilight Menu and NDS Bootstrapper, I even tried multiple roms.

Any direction would be wonderful and thank you for reading! Sorry for rambling!

RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi! New the forums and not to be a bother but may I ask a question? First off amazing piece of work Twilight Menu++ is!

So my question, I've been trying to play Digimon Story: Lost Evolution but for some reason it's freezes very often. Opening the menu, getting out of battles, room transitions and heck can't proceed as one cutscene always freezes. My apologies if this isn't the place to ask but is there any way of remedying this? I'm pretty sure I'm on the most up to date Twilight Menu and NDS Bootstrapper, I even tried multiple roms.

Any direction would be wonderful and thank you for reading! Sorry for rambling!
See if the latest nds-bootstrap nightly fixes the issue.
After updating the nightly, set Bootstrap to Nightly in the per-game settings.

Pixely_Pal

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
See if the latest nds-bootstrap nightly fixes the issue.
After updating the nightly, set Bootstrap to Nightly in the per-game settings.
Well this is quite the puzzling situation indeed. I've tried some options on my end but it still appears that this particular game just constantly freezes. It could very well be the ROM but I've tried 3 already, puzzling.

Thanks for your assistance! I'm going to keep seeing if I can get this to work!

Pixely_Pal

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well this is quite the puzzling situation indeed. I've tried some options on my end but it still appears that this particular game just constantly freezes. It could very well be the ROM but I've tried 3 already, puzzling.

Thanks for your assistance! I'm going to keep seeing if I can get this to work!
Okay an hour later and I found some INTERESTING stuff!

The intro is fine, battle Numemon and go to Digibase all is normal. (Roughly 20 minutes in, the intro is long as heck.)

Proceeding down to the eventual fight with UNO, DOS and TRES is where the random freezing start and I do mean random.
=Known freezing events.=
-The cutscene with UNO, DOS and TRES before their boss fight freezes every time.
-Digimon attacking can sometimes lead to a freeze.
-Leaving an encounter can cause a freeze.
-While rare, opening the menu can cause a freeze.
------------------------------------------------------
I've tried multiple methods in order to fix these issues.
Twilight Menu: v19.0.0|NDS-Bootstrap: v0.37.0|NDS-Nightly: v.0619341a

I AP patched the ROM myself which didn't have an effect from what I gathered but more testing is needed.

I used multiple ROMs from different sources.

Tried Robz8's suggestion of running it through Nightly which did help as the boss cutscene froze later then it did before.

I even went through cheat menus and going through AP patching like that.
------------------------------------------------------
Why am I so dedicated to this? I'm a Digimon fan and I think more people should be able to play Lost Evolution! My testing may be able to assist others so that's why! Especially prior to the eventual English translation release!

I dunno if these detailed thing will help just thought I'd share what I found while messing with it!

mrgio22

Trophies
XP
Country
Afghanistan
Hi, i have a problem with a game (earthbound for nes).
It runs and all on twilightmenu but i cant save, when i try to save in game and then reboot the save isnt there..
Im new to homebrew and all this stuff and i cant seem to found answers online.
Other games dont give me this problems.
From my experience seems that only nes and dsi games would do it.
Is there another way to save other than in game? Like some sort of save state using twilight menù?
Thanks.

RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi, i have a problem with a game (earthbound for nes).
It runs and all on twilightmenu but i cant save, when i try to save in game and then reboot the save isnt there..
Im new to homebrew and all this stuff and i cant seem to found answers online.
Other games dont give me this problems.
From my experience seems that only nes and dsi games would do it.
Is there another way to save other than in game? Like some sort of save state using twilight menù?
Thanks.
nesDS requires to manually save after saving in the game.
Touch the bottom screen to open the emulator menu, and find the option to save.

PkStarzone

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a question, is there anything I have to do to set up a Supercard Mini to boot GBA games? Do I have to put something on its SD card?

Reactions: Baromo

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @a_username_that_isnt_cool, im 14